Charismatic -Spirit Filled

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

I was wondering if there is part of Worthy Forums where Charismatics, Pentecostals, Moravians, Huguenots, Assemblies of God, and other groups that move in Holy Spirit gifts and power can talk? There is a place for Eschatology and Prophecy, but what if you want to discuss finer points of moving in Spirit? Is there such a place?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

The only place is if you access one of the rooms in chat.  Others have requested separate forums for separate denominations, but that was denied by the owner.

49 minutes ago, OneLight said:

The only place is if you access one of the rooms in chat.  Others have requested separate forums for separate denominations, but that was denied by the owner.

I see, how does one get into those chat rooms?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Look at the tabs above.  One says Christian Chat.  Click on that tab.  Once in, on the left, you will see the different rooms.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Sound teaching about the use of gifts is badly needed without being shot down by people who claim the gifts have ceased.  There is a need to evaluate all things by God's word.  Over the years I have seen too many unscriptural fads come and go, and so much misuse of gifts.  They were given to build up the body of Christ except for tongues which seems to have been given to praise and magnify God,  or  for personal strength and building up, or to help us pray according to God's will.  

So normally I just avoid the subject because I don't want to engage in yet another dispute.  There is bound to be difference of opinion among all who have not yet carefully examined the Scriptures on the subject without the dogma of those who would dismiss it all.

• Loved it! 1

• 2 months later...
  • Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 5/29/2017 at 6:37 PM, OneLight said:

The reason why I don't want separate forums for separate denominations is because we're ONE BODY and we trying to build UNITY in love.  

In ESSENTIALS -- UNITY -- in Non-Essentials -- LIBERTY -- but in ALL THINGS -- LOVE.

And so you know, I'm not the owner -- I'm merely the STEWARD. :)

However, I do see how Gifts of the Spirit could be a forum.  I just have to ponder, where to place such a forum.

• This is Worthy 1

• 4 weeks later...

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:50 AM, George said:

The reason why I don't want separate forums for separate denominations is because we're ONE BODY and we trying to build UNITY in love.  

In ESSENTIALS -- UNITY -- in Non-Essentials -- LIBERTY -- but in ALL THINGS -- LOVE.

And so you know, I'm not the owner -- I'm merely the STEWARD. :)

However, I do see how Gifts of the Spirit could be a forum.  I just have to ponder, where to place such a forum.

I understand where you are coming from and John 17:20-23 is ideal. But what I was wondering is if there is place to talk with other Charismatics, Neo-Charismatics, and Pentecostals who believe in Gifts of Spirit moving today (1 Corinthians 12:4-11, Acts 2:17, 1 Corinthians 14:26-32). The reason a Charismatic would want to only talk to Charismatics is so to fellowship the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, rather than debate with those who do not believe in the Gifts for today.