• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

The true meaning of Pentecost

Jews worldwide will commemorate Shavuot, the “Feast of Weeks” known to the world as Pentecost (Pentecost means fifty as it is exactly fifty days since the Feast of First Fruits) on Tuesday evening into Wednesday evening.

The holiday is a celebration of the end of the Biblical seven-week wheat harvest in the Land of Israel, as well as commemorates God’s gift of the Torah to the Jewish people and His oath to His people.

Colossians 2:16-17 tells us that these festivals are all just the shadow of things to come yet the substance is Christ!

May our eyes and heart remember to learn from the shadow yet focus on the substance. In Christ we are now ALL priests! Jews and Gentiles alike. In Him we are ONE! (1 Peter 2:9-10)

Please take your time today to ponder on the shadow and the substance as it appears in the Word of God:

Leviticus 23:15-23

Acts 2:1-4

Exodus 32:28

Acts 2:41

The Festival of Weeks Leviticus 23:15-22

15 “‘From the day after the Sabbath, the day you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, count off seven full weeks. 16 Count off fifty days up to the day after the seventh Sabbath, and then present an offering of new grain to the Lord. 17 From wherever you live, bring two loaves made of two-tenths of an ephah of the finest flour, baked with yeast, as a wave offering of firstfruits to the Lord. 18 Present with this bread seven male lambs, each a year old and without defect, one young bull and two rams. They will be a burnt offering to the Lord, together with their grain offerings and drink offerings—a food offering, an aroma pleasing to the Lord. 19 Then sacrifice one male goat for a sin offering[a] and two lambs, each a year old, for a fellowship offering. 20 The priest is to wave the two lambs before the Lord as a wave offering, together with the bread of the firstfruits. They are a sacred offering to the Lord for the priest. 21 On that same day you are to proclaim a sacred assembly and do no regular work. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live.

22 “‘When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Leave them for the poor and for the foreigner residing among you. I am the Lord your God.’”

Acts 2:1-4

The Holy Spirit Comes at Pentecost

2 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place.2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.

The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died.Exodus 32:28

Acts 2:41

41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Amir’s  commentary on the Pentecost.

http://beholdisrael.org/news-israel/amirs-blog/true-meaning-pentecost

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Great study. Didn't know exactly what Pentecost was and now I do.

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Passover - begins 14th Nissan: (Yeshua's burial before the beginning of the first Sabbath of that week) (begins three days and nights of death for Yeshua) - to first fruit sheaves waved by the priest (signifies the end of the second [fixed] Sabbath of that week). Yeshua is risen now. (sheaves are gather by priests worker just on sundown before the second Sabbath). Sheaves are waved signifying, 'hey people, back to work now'.

There are no coincidences here. the Sabbaths overlap, an occurrence when the normal weekly Sabbath (fixed) is in conjunction with a date/feast defined Sabbath.

Young's Literal: “And ON THE EVE OF THE SABBATHS, at the dawn, toward the first of the Sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulcher”

Then Pentecost 50 days later. All prophesied, and all just happening at the right time.

Note: Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not ; for 1 am not yet ascended to my Father, but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord...

This is just after he was met in the garden by Mary having been raised. Yeshua then goes to the Father, and the First-Fruits Sheaves are waved and then He is back again to meet the disciples on the road to Emmaus.

Thank you. You know more about it than I do, but I am having a very hard time with Christians that cannot understand this.

For so long I have battled the Pagan 'easter' stuff. It is clear in my mind, but making it clear for others is not so easy. Plus, the real early on people (Jews etc) that read this would have been well versed in the Hebraic Law and the Sabbaths and feast days too. It would have made more sense to them and the 'modern' good Friday thru Sunday would not have been accepted.

Sunday resurrection is the biggest antisemitic attack in history. AGREED EMPHATICALLY.

I am unsure... the little text box (bottom) on my browser says 'reply'. Not sure. If you hit 'reply' at the top of the topic, it seems to reply to the original post. Oh just noticed a little toggle bottom left under this text box... it says 'notify me of replies'.

Anyhow, I think if I was more sure of myself, then I would post a topic about this so-called easter-hype.

I know so very few that do not go along with this. Most I know (sadly) are 'Holy Spirit' talkers, yet they hold the view of the majority of the world's pagans. The pagan cycle of death is horrific, yet they will label us cultists if we dare to oppose their views - Oh, and pass the yule-pig please!

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

My apologies. I said "reply" when on this forum it's "quote" at the bottom left side under someone's comments.

Yes, I agree with you about Easter too. But then the traditions of men keep some in bondage or perpetual ignorance because they can't see the truth. We'll just keep trying to educate. Those that have a teachable heart will see. That's why Jesus said ...

Matthew 13:14-15 (KJV)
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

And rather than admit it and repent so they can hear and see, they'd explain it away as "But Jesus was talking to the Jews"... LOL :D

Yeah, and I just read a very long post about the sad way the left is twisting Christianity etc. The left is just picking up on the glaring errors begun back in Nimrod's days. The 'conservatives' have just let pagan rites rule their churches for so long they do not realize that while the front door reads 'Christians In Here', the back door reads, 'Pagans Welcome to Continue, lets twist again...'

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

On 5/30/2017 at 6:15 AM, angels4u said:

20 The priest is to wave the two lambs before the Lord as a wave offering, together with the bread of the firstfruits. They are a sacred offering to the Lord for the priest. 

is not the Lord Jesus the first fruits.  and did he not returned on Pentecost in the Glory of the Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 9/17/2017 at 10:43 AM, Abdicate said:

Which also proves that Jesus rose on the weekly Sabbath just as Young's Literal account, showing the beliefs of Christians about Sunday are wrong. WHOA! Sunday resurrection is the biggest antisemitic attack in history. Never has "sabbaton" been translated "first day of the week" prior to 100 AD. In fact the Greek word for "week" isn't even in the word of God. The Sunday Resurrection hides this Pentecost connection. If you look at every translation of "Sabbath" in the word of God it is translated Sabbath except and only when it speaks of Jesus' resurrection. 

On 9/16/2017 at 7:37 AM, Justin Adams said:

Passover - begins 14th Nissan: (Yeshua's burial before the beginning of the first Sabbath of that week) (begins three days and nights of death for Yeshua) - to first fruit sheaves waved by the priest (signifies the end of the second [fixed] Sabbath of that week). Yeshua is risen now. (sheaves are gather by priests worker just on sundown before the second Sabbath). Sheaves are waved signifying, 'hey people, back to work now'.

There are no coincidences here. the Sabbaths overlap, an occurrence when the normal weekly Sabbath (fixed) is in conjunction with a date/feast defined Sabbath.

Young's Literal: “And ON THE EVE OF THE SABBATHS, at the dawn, toward the first of the Sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulcher”

Then Pentecost 50 days later. All prophesied, and all just happening at the right time.

Note: Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not ; for 1 am not yet ascended to my Father, but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord...

This is just after he was met in the garden by Mary having been raised. Yeshua then goes to the Father, and the First-Fruits Sheaves are waved and then He is back again to meet the disciples on the road to Emmaus.

I did a study on this a while back and he actually died on a Wednesday (the 14th) at the 3:00 hour (this is why it literally says "between evenings" in Lev 23). This is when the lamb as slain, it's also when our ultimate Passover Lamb was slain. He was put in the tomb right before sundown on the 14th and rose before daylight 3 days later. This is 3 days and 3 nights just as he said it would be.

In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

So this is saying that it was the first day of the week (Sunday) right before daylight when they arrived and he was already gone. This is after two Sabbaths close together (Thursday and Saturday).

The first day of Unleavened Bread is always treated as a Sabbath no matter what day it falls on because God said it should be (Lev 23). This day is called a High Sabbath or just Sabbath even if it falls on a weekday, so when it says it's preparation day before the Sabbath (for it was a great one). It's saying it's the 14th before Unleavened Bread, the High Sabbath or Great Day etc.

Also, the first Sunday after this is always when First Fruits was supposed to be offered (Lev 23).

I would write more about this (about the verses that seem to contradict on the days etc) but it's late and I need to get up early in the morning.

Let me know if you have questions about why I think Jesus died on a Wednesday and I will answer them. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Did a double post by mistake so I deleted what was here :)

Edited by jrd
Double post

5 hours ago, jrd said:

Let me know if you have questions about why I think Jesus died on a Wednesday and I will answer them. 

You are correct. but so many on here are so far off track that I think the whole RCC sunday, SUN-day and the travesty of the good-friday stuff has so blinded the believers that they do NOT see that ignoring Yahweh's Law and His Sabbaths is the main reason there is LEAVEN present and no power in the assemblies.

LEAVEN = I did it MY WAY.

Edited by Justin Adams