• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

The commandments He talked about was His words, which are truth... He is not talking about the commandments given through Moses.

So WHO gave Moses the commandments. And I do not mean the added on ordinances of man either?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Just now, Justin Adams said:

So WHO gave Moses the commandments. And I do not mean the added on ordinances of man either?

A few listen to YHWH SOVEREIGN CREATOR, and to YESHUA MESSIAH (GOOD SHEPHERD; HIS VOICE).

How many WORDS,  did the SOVEREIGN CREATOR OF ALL LIFE, of everything in the entire universe,

How many WORDS,  did HE HIMSELF throughout all history of the world,

How many WORDS,  did Yahweh write Himself ?

hint:  on stone, twice. 

(and maybe on a wall, once)....

So few WORDS ?    Most important for all mankind, most valuable, most rare,   most rejected (like Jesus) .......

ETERNAL, UNCHANGED, UNCHANGING !  HALLELUYAH !  FOREVER !  MARANANTHA !

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

The commandments He talked about was His words, which are truth... He is not talking about the commandments given through Moses.

"But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall." - Matthew 7:26-27

I am just warning people to receive and embrace the Holy Spirit.

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." - Romans 8:9

Living for the flesh, to despise His words and teachings, and to despise prophecies, that is a stumbling block.

"One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind." - Romans 14:5

"So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ." - Colossians 2:16-17

I may be misunderstanding what you are saying, but are you suggesting that following God's Law means you are rejecting the Holy Spirit? That is a very dangerous thing to say and should concern you if that's what you mean.

Romans 14:5 is CLEARLY about food if you read the context, not the Law or Feast Days. Please read starting at verse 1 to get the context and count how many times food or eating is mentioned. People were arguing about when to fast, this was a big debate back in the day. He is just saying it doesn't matter what day, it's between you and God.

Colossians 2:16-17 also says the opposite of what you think. Do you really think that the Pagans would give them a hard time for NOT keeping the Feast Days???? Also, the Greek word for "regarding" literally means "portion".

μέρος méros, mer'-os; from an obsolete but more primary form of μείρομαι meíromai (to get as a section or allotment); a division or share (literally or figuratively, in a wide application):—behalf, course, coast, craft, particular (+ -ly), part (+ -ly), piece, portion, respect, side, some sort(-what).

I encourage you to do a word study on this Greek word and see how often it is translated as it is here, I think the answer will surprise you.

So what this verse really says in the Greek is don't let anyone judge you in food or drink or WHILE TAKING PART of a Feast day ..... Taking a PORTION of the Feast is what it's saying.

The commandments Jesus gave came from Torah, please show me one that didn't or show me one that breaks Torah.

Do you think that Jesus is someone different than the one who gave Moses the Law?

Do you think those commandments were not His commandments?

Also, in case you didn't know, the "Law of Moses" which you seem to have disdain by the way you referred to it came from God, not Moses. Also, you said Jesus's words are truth and I agree. But did you know that the Bible also says that the Torah (Law) is truth?

Jesus himself said that people who break the Law or teach others to do so will be LEAST in the kingdom of God.

I hope you think about what I'm saying and verify these things for yourself. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have questions or what to show me where I'm wrong. 

Edited by jrd
Corrected typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

3 minutes ago, jrd said:

but are you suggesting that following God's Law means you are rejecting the Holy Spirit? That is a very dangerous thing to say and should concern you if that's what you mean.

What I mean is that people who reject the Gospel of Christ and decide to pursuit their own righteousness through law keeping (circumcision, sabbath keeping, etc) have fallen from grace.

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?" - Matthew 7:15-16

The truth is that none of us can keep the law, only the Lord Jesus did it.

"For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all." - James 2:10

Then why would the Lord require of us something we cannot do?! We have to be sincere about it, or we keep the whole law or we did not keep it.

"But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one." - Matthew 5:37

And is by believing the Gospel, and receiving the Holy Spirit that we are made child of God through His Son. And we will inherit His righteousness, through faith in Him.

"that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." - Romans 8:4

"But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified." - John 7:39

Or you are under law or you are under grace. Make your choice: Death or life.

Surrender to the Lord Jesus Christ, before it is too late.

"I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance." - Luke 5:32

• This is Worthy 2

7 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

g (circumcision, sabbath keeping, etc) have fallen from grace.

Not according to the early church that disdained the judaizers but KEPT the Sabbath. They did not want circumcision of the flesh but the heart. It is such plain speaking but the Sabbath disdainers are the ones that want to twist scripture to make their failure to observe them to be correct. It harps back to Rome - changing times and seasons that the church has inherited. It is very poor form but everyone argues that they are 'good' whilst doing things against Yahweh's Holy Law. Deception is very insidious. It is so easy to go with the flow. It is also very wrong to do so.

The Law of the Lord is perfect making wise the simple. Said David.

19 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

What I mean is that people who reject the Gospel of Christ and decide to pursuit their own righteousness through law keeping (circumcision, sabbath keeping, etc) have fallen from grace.

No one here , so far, has said otherwise - only you made a claim ....

19 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

The truth is that none of us can keep the law, only the Lord Jesus did it.

That's not the truth.  IN Scripture, Many Faithful people of YHWH kept the TORAH, including all the [faithful born again] disciples of Jesus.

21 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Or you are under law or you are under grace. Make your choice: Death or life.

Yeshua gave the Law. I am in Him. Therefore I can observe the law thru Him because He kept it perfectly. Because it is God's heart, I find the Law of the Lord is perfect and the testimony of the Law is True and righteous altogether.

I am both in Christ who is 'under' the Law, and observe the Law and Commandments because, a) Yahweh said to, b) Because I want to please Him and understand His seasons and Feasts as well. They are all prophetic. The Testimony of Yeshua is The Spirit of Prophesy.

I am in the Lawmaker and the Lawgiver. He is my propitiation!

Edited by Justin Adams

1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

I am both in Christ who is 'under' the Law

I don't think Jesus is under the TORAH,  but He always kept TORAH, and instructed all His Followers to keep TORAH also, always.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, simplejeff said:

I don't think Jesus is under the TORAH,  but He always kept TORAH, and instructed all His Followers to keep TORAH also, always.

I said 'under' to forestall comments about being UNDER the Law. Another fanciful statement to make ignoring the law seem righteous. It is all smoke and mirrors to confuse believers and make them disdainful of the Law and thus of the Lawgiver.

A dichotomy if ever there was one.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

30 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

but He always kept TORAH, and instructed all His Followers to keep TORAH also, always.

"I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain." - Galatians 2:21

33 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

That's not the truth.  IN Scripture, Many Faithful people of YHWH kept the TORAH, including all the [faithful born again] disciples of Jesus.

"Who shall not fear You, O Lord, and glorify Your name?
For You alone are holy.
For all nations shall come and worship before You,
For Your judgments have been manifested." - Revelation 15:4

35 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

I am both in Christ who is 'under' the Law, and observe the Law and Commandments because

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." - 1 John 1:8
"If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us." - 1 John 1:10

36 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

I am in the Lawmaker and the Lawgiver. He is my propitiation!

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,
who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." - Romans 8:1

"Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”" - Galatians 3:12

"that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love" - Ephesians 3:17

"Now the just shall live by faith;
But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him." - Hebrews 10:38

"But when they opposed him and blasphemed, he shook his garments and said to them,
Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean. From now on I will go to the Gentiles." - Acts 18:6