IGNORED

Questions for a Frank and Open Discussion about Cults & Speaking in Tongues

On 12/13/2018 at 6:52 PM, Kristin said:

I don’t know. Myself I guess. 

Tongues in the bible were in the presense of interpreters.

On 12/13/2018 at 6:52 PM, Kristin said:

I don’t know. Myself I guess. 

Can you give me a scripture whereas God wants us to focus on self edification?

There is no trace of Scriptural evidence that tongues were ever heard by anyone as incoherent, incomprehensible babbling. They were always a intelligible language.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

I identify as being Pentecostal, but I have learned  that don't hang your  hat on it. We are free from the law. We are called to being transformed being As Christ. This is a life time work . I know some get carried away but that is show business. If I pray in tongues I am in my prayer closet when things seem or overwhelm me yet I pray to exalt the Lord The Holy Spirit then speaks for me. still this is not all the time. The Lord has spoken to me more times than I can count.That is not to brag but to encourage others to go the prayer close every day. Read daily devotions. If you pray with a pure heart. you just might be amazed that God douse  hear and is right next to you. Still there are no limits to how he speaks to us. I love my devotions. It has been like He took out the lesson and put another one there that speaks about the thing I prayed five minutes before.

I'm no Wako . Just shareing a truly blessesed experience.

Be blessed 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

i want to ask a question:

why do Christians say that, if you dont speak in tongues, you have not been baptised in the Holy Spirit and Born Again?

They do not know the Bible.They have probably never read it and are susceptible to bad teaching.Ask those who make such bold statements for their chapter and verse —— I got mine—-1cor14:28 “ if there is no interpreter, he should remain silent in the church.....” I’d love to have a penny for every time THAT order was violated.

The claim that one must have this gift to be born again, etc , is utter hogwash.....completely unbiblical...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,790
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:57 AM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Question 1: Is "Name It and Claim It" a cult hidden in plain sight amongst born-again believers?

Question 2: Is the "Prosperity Message" biblical?

Question 3: How many Christians here on this forum became Christians after hearing someone speaking in tongues? 

Question 4: How do you know the language you're speaking is not gibberish?

Question 5: How did you first start to speak in "tongues"?

Question 6: What benefit does speaking-in-tongues serve today's church?

Question 1:

Matt 6:21-24

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
KJV

Question 2:

1 John 2:15-17

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
KJV

Question 3:
I have never tolerated tongue speaking in my presence if interpretation of such was not immediately given... I have been given by God an object source His Word (Genesis - Revelation) to know The Lord by and I guard that against all mystic untestable spirits … if one follows the rules of tongues no one should hear this event without interpretation period. The thing itself would not be a Biblical issue at all if The Word of God was followed through it's instruction.
Question 4:
They admit they do not understand with the mind but through emotion and feeling they claim increase... if The Lord has not redeemed this first born body why do they trust it's sensual aspects? Especially when Paul in s/Spirit wrote this

1 Cor 14:19

19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
KJV

Question 5:
I have never due to obedience to Him in His Word

1 John 4:1

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
KJV

Question 6:
According to this below- none-

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Personally I will fellowship with anyone with speaking in tongues or not, everyone has something to offer, Jesus is blessing everyone. 

We can have the Holy Spirit working in our lives and Gifts from the Holy Spirit with Speaking in tongues and not speaking in tongues. 

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  842
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

Knowing the FACTS makes quite the difference in understanding whether or not Tongues ended with the Apostles.

(1)  Paul said, Tongues ceases "when that which is Perfect has come."

(a)  When Paul wrote that, the Holy Spirit had already arrived and was quite active.

(b)  And every Believer knows, we are waiting for Yeshua (which is Perfect) to come.

(c)  Logic states then: When Yeshua comes (returns), the Gift of Tongues will then cease.

But this to me is even more conclusive that Tongues has not ceased.

Church historians are very familiar with a man named, Polycarp.   

(1)   Polycarp was the Disciple of the last Apostle, the Beloved John (Disciple-Apostle-Author of Gospel of John, I/II/III John, Revelations).

(2)   Just like the 12 Disciples are seen everywhere with Yeshua during His Ministry, Polycarp was with John.

(3)   So what did John teach his Disciple, Polycarp, that we see relating to Tongues and whether or not they did cease?

(a)   107 A.D.

Polycarp (A.D. 70-155), who was himself a disciple of the Apostle John, wrote: 

"in like manner do we also hear many brethren in the Church who possess prophetic gifts, and who through the Spirit speak all kinds of Tongues, and bring to light for the general benefit the hidden things of men and declare the mysteries of God, whom also the apostle terms 'spiritual', they being spiritual because they partake of the Spirit".

(b)

Polycarp claimed the Apostle John made him do:

admonished Polycarp to pray so that he might "be wanting in nothing, and... abound in every gift."

THIS SHOWS THE BELOVED JOHN INSTRUCTED HIS DISCIPLE POLYCARP, TO SEEK AFTER ALL GIFTS FOR THEY ARE NOT CEASED!!

So, let's see how this played out:

110 A.D.

Justin Martyr wrote, "For the prophetical gifts remain with us, even to the present time... Now it is possible to see amongst us women and men who possess gifts of the Spirit of God."

150 A.D.

Polycard (Disciple of John) had himself Disciples: one was Irenaeus:

Irenaeus claims in 150 A.D. 

"[T]he perfect man consists in the commingling and the union of the soul receiving the spirit of the Father... For this reason does the apostle declare, 'We speak wisdom among them that are perfect,' terming those persons 'perfect' who have received the Spirit of God, and who through the Spirit of God do speak in Tongues, as he used [h]imself also to speak. In like manner we do also hear many brethren in the Church, who possess prophetic gifts, and who through the Spirit speak all kinds of Tongues... whom also the apostle terms 'spiritual,' they being spiritual because they partake of the Spirit." 

215 A.D.

The Apostle John's Disciple Polycarp, had a Disciple named Irenaeus, who himself had a Disciple called, Tertullian...

Tertullian writes:

"the Creator promised the gift of His Spirit in the latter days; and... Christ has in these last days appeared as the dispenser of spiritual gifts."

The list continues of those from the "Teaching of the Apostle John, the Beloved" concerning the Gifts/Tongues did not cease, but remained active because Yeshua (which is perfect) has not Returned.

Interesting, these men ALL wrote that they can hear in all churches people Speaking in Tongues and blessed with ALL Gifts.   That means, the Holy Bible we have from Genesis - Malachi, Matthew - Revelations was assembled by those utilizing the Gifts of the Spirit and Speaking in Tongues!!