• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

I have a question for those who espouse the "word of faith" movement aka the "Prosperty gospel". What happens when the financial blessings don't come, or the healing you have been believing in isn't there? How does that affect your faith in the sufficiency of Christ? Do you ever question your faith as a whole?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

Ricky... I will be upfront and say that I'm probably not the most knowledgeable person to be answering your question.  But I can give you my own personal experience/insight and hopefully that'll benefit you in some way. 

The past 4 to 5 years of my life have been especially challenging.  I'll try to be brief...my dad was diagnosed with a disease similar to ALS at a young age and I was in my early 30s. He was my only parent and he passed away when I was 35. It had a domino effect on my life. I gave up on myself,  my life, ...everything and I couldn't see how God could "allow" this to happen but it's in our valley's of life-our deep pits that He helps us grow the most. That's my belief. Now I'm finally coming out of my valley and I'm better for it even as painful as it's been.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

Faith is the absolute trust in Divine authority.  The authority that can say yes or can say no.  It is surrendering to the sovereignty of God and not tapping the power for personal advantage. Humility is the mindset that I don't deserve God's blessings.  Prayer is seeking revelation and instruction not a miracle.   He is directing and I am following.  My faith is complete reliance in the full knowledge that He has power over life and death. 

The mistake is often, I have faith in a certain outcome.  Mature faith is I have faith in God and what He says.  The deception comes that for so many their God is too small, He must be directed and advised.  He is limited and not fully in control.  He even seems to be constantly put to the test of proving Himself.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

16 hours ago, Yowm said:

My wife and others I know were caught up in that garbage.

She says they wouldn't dare confess that healing or wealth didn't come, that would show a lack of faith on their part if they did.

One day, we were invited to attend a church. During the service, there was a lot of emphasis on employment and advancing in a company. And people were encouraged to believe that there were only good things in store for them. If I had gone just to attend a motivational seminar, that would have been one thing, but I left with a heavy heart, wondering how people would feel to share what they were really experiencing; for fear of having a lack of faith We didn't go back there. I think we have to be careful when it comes to making a personal experience a goal that all must attain.

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

13 hours ago, Culinary said:

Ricky... I will be upfront and say that I'm probably not the most knowledgeable person to be answering your question.  But I can give you my own personal experience/insight and hopefully that'll benefit you in some way. 

The past 4 to 5 years of my life have been especially challenging.  I'll try to be brief...my dad was diagnosed with a disease similar to ALS at a young age and I was in my early 30s. He was my only parent and he passed away when I was 35. It had a domino effect on my life. I gave up on myself,  my life, ...everything and I couldn't see how God could "allow" this to happen but it's in our valley's of life-our deep pits that He helps us grow the most. That's my belief. Now I'm finally coming out of my valley and I'm better for it even as painful as it's been.

Culinary, I am so glad that you shared this. Our life situations can get us down, and knowing that God is there to help us through the situation is a real encouragement. Blessings. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I hope this is taken well... brace yourselves ex eye.jpg I have been amazed at how well we dismiss the cruelity of sin ... it's self centered, self righteous, self everything! We have been left here to learn from it's presence- in the destructive nature of and total disregard for 'Life'... With The Holy Spirit of God within I have never blamed God for any of this but have always seen as my Father in heaven teaching me. I call to everyone's mind this verse

Romans 8:28 (KJV)

[28] And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

This is our food, this our drink, this our Life... we are clearly told by God that satan is subtle in his deceitfulness and clearly from our pulpits we are taught the things of this life are for the taking and it is God Who blesses us with the gifts of ~ "that man is really blessed because he has so much stuff"... but The Spirit teaches

1 John 2:15 (KJV)

[15] Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Why is really the question isn't it? We have through the subtlety of sin never learned the hatred God has for it but dismiss it's presence as no big deal... meanwhile blaming God for everything that is bad in this place, it's, dwelling. That the subtley of and lost nature of- the many who do not understand 'The Holiness of The Heart of God'. If God 'IS' or is in us then we should have the same attraction for that which God is keeping forever as to importance of and value by the eternity it is being kept... Here is where the examination begins -do I love the things God loves and has taken time to show us throught the Word or something else that He clearly teaches a disdain for ... or better why do we fill ourselves with the polution of the finite?

Jude 21 (KJV)

[21] Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

[22] And of some have compassion, making a difference:

[23] And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.       -(almost sounds gnostic doesn't it)

[24] Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

There is nothing here of creation that is of the eternal keeping ... His Word and the exception of the souls of men and women through the power of God who have eaten it fully to the Life eternal! Life is not about what we have began in... this is the death... but it is about the life that has began in us in this place of death! I pray and hope all find the way but at the same time my Lord has told me few because they would not let go of the death to have life...  Love, Steven

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I do not embrace the WOF movement. It teaches that we can become prosperous in all areas of life. Causing people to grasp after a way of life and faith that is not biblical. That is just one of many movements in our world today I stay far away from.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

New International Version
those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away.

New Living Translation
Those who use the things of the world should not become attached to them. For this world as we know it will soon pass away.

English Standard Version
and those who deal with the world as though they had no dealings with it. For the present form of this world is passing away.

Berean Study Bible
and those who use the things of this world, as if not dependent on them. For this world in its present form is passing away.

Berean Literal Bible
and those using the world, as not using it as their own. For the present form of this world is passing away.

New American Standard Bible
and those who use the world, as though they did not make full use of it; for the form of this world is passing away.

King James Bible
And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
and those who use the world as though they did not make full use of it. For this world in its current form is passing away.

International Standard Version
and those who use the things in the world as though they were not dependent on them. For the world in its present form is passing away.

NET Bible
those who use the world as though they were not using it to the full. For the present shape of this world is passing away.

New Heart English Bible
and those who use the world, as not using it to the fullest. For the mode of this world passes away.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And those who use this world, not apart from the right usage, for the form of this world is passing away.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Those who use the things in this world should do so but not depend on them. It is clear that this world in its present form is passing away.

New American Standard 1977
and those who use the world, as though they did not make full use of it; for the form of this world is passing away.

Jubilee Bible 2000
and those that use this world, as not using it as their own, for the fashion of this world passes away.

King James 2000 Bible
And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passes away.

American King James Version
And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passes away.

American Standard Version
and those that use the world, as not using it to the full: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And they that use this world, as if they used it not: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

Darby Bible Translation
and they that use the world, as not disposing of it as their own; for the fashion of this world passes.

English Revised Version
and those that use the world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

Webster's Bible Translation
And they that use this world, as not abusing it. For the fashion of this world passeth away.

Weymouth New Testament
and those who use the world as not using it to the full. For the world as it now exists is passing away.

World English Bible
and those who use the world, as not using it to the fullest. For the mode of this world passes away.

Young's Literal Translation
and those using this world, as not using it up; for passing away is the fashion of this world.

Let the journey begin by letting go of that which cannot continue with you... Love, Steven

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 5/30/2017 at 11:31 AM, ricky said:

I have a question for those who espouse the "word of faith" movement aka the "Prosperty gospel". What happens when the financial blessings don't come, or the healing you have been believing in isn't there? How does that affect your faith in the sufficiency of Christ? Do you ever question your faith as a whole?

What happens when they do come? Does that  then validate the movement?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

28 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

What happens when they do come? Does that  then validate the movement?

No.  Many movements make many claims.  However,   YHWH grants freely

Peace, Joy and Righteousness always present with the salvation in Jesus.   How many if any "movements" have this testimony as written in God's Word,  as experienced by all the followers immersed in Jesus Name ?