PetriFB64

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

When Jesus had risen from the dead, His burial clothes (othonion, plural) were found in the grave, as well as the face-cloth (a napkin) for covering His face. The number of clothes in Jesus' grave was not one (sindon- Turin Shroud), but there were clothes there (othonion, plural), which was the Jewish custom - and which is proven true by the gospel of John. The gospel of John also proves that Jesus was buried in several separate burial clothes, not in one large linen cloth. Chapter 24 of the gospel of Luke confirms that several separate burial clothes were found in Jesus' grave, not one large cloth. When we study the Word of God, we can see that the Turin Shroud story is refuted by the Word of God, and the Word of God proves that the Turin Shroud story is a lie.

More info: http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/turinshrouddeceptionandlie.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

remember that in haste Jesus was not prepared for burial as was the custom of the Jews...   that's what Mary had intended to do.

Guest Teditis

I agree with OO's opinion on this.

We can't know from Scriptures exactly how Jesus' body was prepared and what type of "burial clothes"

were used on Him. We know that it was done in haste and that Mary came back to finish the process so

it doubtlessly was not done in an ordinary fashion. A face cloth and shroud might very well be considered

clothes (plural) in this context.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

But Peter rose and ran to the tomb; stooping and looking in, he saw the linen cloths by themselves; and he went home marveling at what had happened. Luke 24:20

Doesn't seem to state anything that would prove there were several cloths. We are told of two are we not?

If I saw two would I not be able to say, I "saw the linen clothes"?

Seems to me declaring that means several makes the whole  "proof" very suspect.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Just look around you. Isn't that enough proof ?

Guest Judas Machabeus
8 hours ago, PetriFB64 said:

When Jesus had risen from the dead, His burial clothes (othonion, plural) were found in the grave, as well as the face-cloth (a napkin) for covering His face. The number of clothes in Jesus' grave was not one (sindon- Turin Shroud), but there were clothes there (othonion, plural), which was the Jewish custom - and which is proven true by the gospel of John. The gospel of John also proves that Jesus was buried in several separate burial clothes, not in one large linen cloth. Chapter 24 of the gospel of Luke confirms that several separate burial clothes were found in Jesus' grave, not one large cloth. When we study the Word of God, we can see that the Turin Shroud story is refuted by the Word of God, and the Word of God proves that the Turin Shroud story is a lie.

you say "several separate burial clothes" so a couple questions

1. Why can't the shroud be on of these clothes

2. Can you give me the dimensions of the "several separate burial clothes", using scripture of course since you claim that the shroud goes against the Word of God

You see by your own admission there were "several separate burial clothes" so to have just one of these pieces does not go against the Word of God. I have my own reasons for being sceptical regarding the shroud, but its not because it goes against scripture.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

you say "several separate burial clothes" so a couple questions

1. Why can't the shroud be on of these clothes

2. Can you give me the dimensions of the "several separate burial clothes", using scripture of course since you claim that the shroud goes against the Word of God

You see by your own admission there were "several separate burial clothes" so to have just one of these pieces does not go against the Word of God. I have my own reasons for being sceptical regarding the shroud, but its not because it goes against scripture.

He seems to believe that the face napkin was covering His face when it wasnt. It would have been the burial shroud. The napkin was merely used (as it was used up to 100 years or so ago) to keep the mouth shut (before morticians got the idea to sew it shut).

I myself believe the shroud is genuine. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 hour ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

I myself believe the shroud is genuine.

I haven't really decided either way. Relics are interesting, fascinating and for me as long as people do not associate and super natural occurrences coming directly from the relic (I'm not implying that you do Matrix). It's not sweat off my back if people want to believe. 

I've never seen the shroudin person, but I've seen and been blessed by martyrs relics. Nothing supernatural happened and if it did I know it would have been from God and the relic is only the vessel he used.

just my personal thoughts. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

On 5/31/2017 at 2:25 AM, PetriFB64 said:

You really can't state that the Shroud is not genuine; Scripture doesn't describe the 'clothes' with any detail and you were not there.  We will all know for sure when He returns.