IGNORED

How do you become Christian

Guest Judas Machabeus

Guest Judas Machabeus

What is the process of becoming Christian. I know you must confess Jesus as your Lord and saviour. I know you have to have faith thats he is God and died for our sins. 

Ive heard of altar calls, I've heard of conversation tents at county fairs. I've heard of giving testimony in front of a congregation. 

Heres my question. Do you have to have a public profession of faith to be Christian or can it be done privately?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The response of actually coming to the reality that Jesus 'IS' and the repentance granted to that heart is the most public witness there 'IS'... You want people to know what God has done for you as it is 'other than you' inside your being for the first time! However there are many who believe as the devil and demons but never open the door of their heart so that He may enter in Rev 3:20...
Love, Steven

Guest Judas Machabeus
21 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The response of actually coming to the reality that Jesus 'IS' and the repentance granted to that heart is the most public witness there 'IS'... You want people to know what God has done for you as it is 'other than you' inside your being for the first time! However there are many who believe as the devil and demons but never open the door of their heart so that He may enter in Rev 3:20...
Love, Steven

I'm not sure I follow. How can coming to the reality that Jesus "IS"; a public witness. This is normally a internal event.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The aftermath of His presence within :) will assuredly be witnessing of the fact...

Guest Judas Machabeus
3 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The aftermath of His presence within :) will assuredly be witnessing of the fact...

But the actually convertion can be private. It does not have to be a public event like an alter call or testimony given. 

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Judas Machabeus said:

What is the process of becoming Christian. I know you must confess Jesus as your Lord and saviour. I know you have to have faith thats he is God and died for our sins. 

Ive heard of altar calls, I've heard of conversation tents at county fairs. I've heard of giving testimony in front of a congregation. 

Heres my question. Do you have to have a public profession of faith to be Christian or can it be done privately?

Every time Jesus called someone, brought them to an hour of decision, He always did it publicly.   You don't have to get saved in public to be saved, but there is no reason to hide it as a private matter.   We are to put our salvation on display (Phil. 2:12).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Being and becoming Christian is all about being in Him. The process can be seen in the miracles of Jesus especially in John. For instance the man blind from birth, "I was blind but now I see" Jesus told him to go and wash in the pool, Philip and the Ethiopian reading from the scriptures and he saw the truth, they looked for some water for him to be baptized. I know many churches have their baptism customs but I think finding some water and getting wet as soon as possible after conversion is actually biblical and most likely a blessing many of us partially experienced.

It's really always about being in Jesus, new birth and baptism seems to me to be the beginning.  Discipleship is the extended process.

Edited by Zemke

Guest Judas Machabeus
17 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

You don't have to get saved in public to be saved, but there is no reason to hide it as a private matter.

Very well put. 

What Im trying to understand is can someone say the sinners prayer at home alone and that's enough. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Very well put. 

What Im trying to understand is can someone say the sinners prayer at home alone and that's enough. 

Do you even have to 'say the sinners prayer'?

I didn't - because I didn't know it. There are many possible ways of repenting and turning to Christ. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
5 minutes ago, Deborah_ said:

Do you even have to 'say the sinners prayer'?

I didn't - because I didn't know it. There are many possible ways of repenting and turning to Christ. 

I just used the sinners prayer as an example of giving your life to Jesus. 

Im not Protestant so what I'm trying to understand is the moment a person goes from unsaved to being a new creation in Christ.