• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Does speaking the word of God purify you?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Absolem, what do you mean by that? I can tell you from experience that reading certain parts of the Bible aloud can make you feel better. I think Jesus actually purifies us when we accept Him and pray to Him and the Father. But often we sin or we drift away from God and we don't feel very pure. Is this what you mean? If so speaking the Word aloud should make you feel better. You have to find passages that speak to your situation. I usually find them in Psalms or Proverbs but once I used the first few verses of John's Gospel with with a friend who needed help. We kept saying those words together until the crisis past.

Remember the Word of God is Alive and Active (Heb 4:12), so speaking those words can help you.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/4/2017 at 2:35 PM, Absolem said:

Does speaking the word of God purify you?

The wicked are unable to speak the word of God.

The righteous,  who are becoming more righteous daily, as it is written in His Word,

are Blessed, as He Says in His Word, 

when they openly out loud speak / read/ the word of God

and when they hear it.

It brings very great distress to the wicked,  and the demons flee , also.

13 minutes ago, JTC said:

Absolem, what do you mean by that? I can tell you from experience that reading certain parts of the Bible aloud can make you feel better. I think Jesus actually purifies us when we accept Him and pray to Him and the Father. But often we sin or we drift away from God and we don't feel very pure. Is this what you mean? If so speaking the Word aloud should make you feel better. You have to find passages that speak to your situation. I usually find them in Psalms or Proverbs but once I used the first few verses of John's Gospel with with a friend who needed help. We kept saying those words together until the crisis past.

Remember the Word of God is Alive and Active (Heb 4:12), so speaking those words can help you.

I mean like everyday speech. Constantly speaking in Jesus name with all conversation. Not just when you study the word. 1 john 3:3 says and every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. "" but that's talking about believing in the second coming. I just want to make sure my speech is pure.

8 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

The wicked are unable to speak the word of God.

The righteous,  who are becoming more righteous daily, as it is written in His Word,

are Blessed, as He Says in His Word, 

when they openly out loud speak / read/ the word of God

and when they hear it.

It brings very great distress to the wicked,  and the demons flee , also.

Does it fill someone with righteousness? Speaking in Jesus name. Surely so.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jeff

I beg to differ,the wicked most certainly can speak the Word of God...

Matthew 4:6-7, "and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down; for it is written, 'HE WILL COMMAND HIS ANGELS CONCERNING YOU'; and 'ON their HANDS THEY WILL BEAR YOU UP, SO THAT YOU WILL NOT STRIKE YOUR FOOT AGAINST A STONE.' "  7 Jesus said to him, "On the other hand, it is written, 'you shall not put the Lord your God to the test.'

The difference is that the devil memorizes & "recites" what is written as any words from  a page,he has not the Holy Spirit,the Authority & Power   the wicked will stand behind a pulpit & preach the Gospel,the devil will sit beside you in church & pray (words)......The Word of God is ALIVE & Powerful by Holy Spirit

Blessings Absolem

The Word of God is the Living Word by the Power of the Holy Spirit,The Word of God is Written on the Believers heart,The Word Abides in you(Jesus)     Jesus Blood,Lamb of God has purified you

That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Ephesians 5:27

A non believer can read the Bible with an insincere hardened heart,under strong delusion,unrepentant,not seeking forgiveness & only by the Power of Holy Spirit will His heart be Convicted Faith comes by hearing the Word of God,the Believers Faith Will become activated by walking in Spirit & in TRuth,he is already made pure by Jesus Finished work on the cross

Why do you ask,is this for yourself?                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

18 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Absolem

The Word of God is the Living Word by the Power of the Holy Spirit,The Word of God is Written on the Believers heart,The Word Abides in you(Jesus)     Jesus Blood,Lamb of God has purified you

A non believer can read the Bible with an insincere hardened heart,under strong delusion,unrepentant,not seeking forgiveness & only by the Power of Holy Spirit will His heart be Convicted Faith comes by hearing the Word of God,the Believers Faith Will become activated by walking in Spirit & in TRuth,he is already made pure by Jesus Finished work on the cross

Why do you ask,is this for yourself?                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

I'm trying to discern the flesh from the spirit.

How so Brother,care to elaborate a little?                                       God Bless<kwik

• Loved it! 1

2 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

How so Brother,care to elaborate a little?                                       God Bless<kwik

Whats born of God doesn't sin but what's not born of God does sin. We are justified or condemned by our words.