• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

"The people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary" (Daniel 9:26).

Above is a line from the verse in Daniel 9:26. Below is a link to a VERY long article. My question is If anyone knows of anything to refute the information on the page in the link. I have always believed that the verse above ( that line especially ) is talking about those who are the Anti-Christs people and therefore an indication of where the Anti-Christ will rise up from. I was hoping someone could take the time to read the article in full ( it's very long I know, sorry) and discuss anything to confirm or deny this position and the " facts " that they put forth. I can find nothing to refute what they are saying. Looking for someone to see if there is something wrong with the facts they present about the makeup of the people who destroyed the temple in 70 AD that I missed. I invite any and all discussion on this ( Anti-Christ and his people) just please read the article at the link first. 

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/peopleofprince.html

Thank you and God bless

Firestormx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, firestormx said:

"The people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary" (Daniel 9:26).

Above is a line from the verse in Daniel 9:26. Below is a link to a VERY long article. My question is If anyone knows of anything to refute the information on the page in the link. I have always believed that the verse above ( that line especially ) is talking about those who are the Anti-Christs people and therefore an indication of where the Anti-Christ will rise up from. I was hoping someone could take the time to read the article in full ( it's very long I know, sorry) and discuss anything to confirm or deny this position and the " facts " that they put forth. I can find nothing to refute what they are saying. Looking for someone to see if there is something wrong with the facts they present about the makeup of the people who destroyed the temple in 70 AD that I missed. I invite any and all discussion on this ( Anti-Christ and his people) just please read the article at the link first. 

Thank you and God bless

Firestormx

There are a couple of problems I see here, though the investigative tactics seem to be spot on, the underatandings seem to be lost on them, more on that later. 

Firstly, they say the prince to come refers to the False Prophet, but the prince to come refers to the Anti-Christ/First Beast. Not the Jewish False Prophet from the land (Israel), but the Gentile Beast from the Sea. 

Secondly, it is irrelevant who the People were in that we already know he will be an Assyrian. So that only fits right in with Prophecy, and ENHANCES a Blog I blogged a while back about the Anti-Christ, where is is born, and where he comes to power.

Isaiah 10, the latter half of the chapter tells us he is an Assyrian. So their study, even if that's true, and what the prophet Daniel meant, it changes nothing. We know he is Assyrian, BUT....That's doesn't mean he has to be Muslim, and the Scriptures tell us he is an Atheist in Daniel 11:37. The Scriptures in Daniel 7 also tell us he Arises from the Fourth Beasts Head (Europe) and it tells us in Daniel 8 that he is born in Greece. So an Assyrian is born in Greece via Turkish parents or Grandparents, he arises to power in Greece, then via the European Union. He IS NOT a Muslim, because he is an Atheist. So this is where Richardson and Walid Shoebot's understandings go way OFF COURSE.  My year old blog on this just gets stronger with this understanding, imho, if the people of the prince are Syrian and my blog says he is Assyrian, BUT....an Atheist, who is born in Greece and come to power in the European Union, then I can accept that as not changing anything, and the Muslims/Arabs will be destroyed by this man.

The Birth Place of the Anti-Christ Revealed

Isaiah says the Anti-Christ is an Assyrian. The Anti-Christ is said to come to power via the fourth beast in the last days per Daniel Chapter Seven. The Anti-Christ is also said to arise out of the Grecian empire in the last days, so how do we reconcile these different understandings?

This is established fairly easily, Daniel did say the understandings would be bound up until the end. The Anti-Christ in Daniel chapters seven and eight is shown, if read properly, to arise out of two kingdoms at once, but how can this be?

Daniel chapter seven is fairly straightforward, we understand this to be about the four beast systems, the fourth beast is where the little horn (Anti-Christ) will arise out of, most everyone understands the fourth beast to have been Rome, but in the last days/end times this has to be the European Union.

Now Daniel chapter eight is explained in detail by Gabriel the angel, was the he goat (Alexander the Great) conquering Persia ( the Ram ) and Gabriel interpreted this dream for Daniel.

Daniel 8:19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.

We should note, this is speaking of the end time, it is not speaking of Antiochus who came before Jesus was even born. The word Indignation means: (Greek Word za'am meaning Gods Fury at Sin) so at the Last End of Indignation means right before Gods Judgment of Sin/Vials or Bowls of Gods Wrath (Revelation).

20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia. 21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king. 22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power. ( The Four Generals that stood up in Alexanders stead were Ptolemy , Seleucus , Cassander and Lysimachus.)

23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

This is clearly speaking about the end times/last days when the sins have come full/ bowls of Gods wrath, a fierce king shall arise out of one of the four kingdoms that stood up in Alexander the Greats Stead, speaking dark sentences (understanding Riddles and conundrums) and he comes to power. 

24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: (Satan Possesses him) and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people. 25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, (he claims to Be God) and by peace shall destroy many:(Through a Peace Treaty he deceives many) he shall also stand up against the Prince (Jesus) of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Jesus destroys the Anti-Christ his kings and their armies without hand (with the Sword of the Spirit/Holy Spirit) by the countenance of his coming, Amen. This guy magnifies himself and says in the temple of God, I am God !! 

Now,  so many people say this is about Antiochus, so I always feel the need to prove that this is about the end times, when Gods wrath is come full. This is about the little horn/Anti-Christ. And he arises out of their kingdom in the last days,  so in essence he arises out of one of the Four Generals kingdoms in the last days, but which one ? Well, since the Anti-Christ arises out of the fourth beast also, then this other Kingdom has to lie within the borders of the European Union. Only Cassander's kingdom of Greece is in the European Union !! The "Assyrian" arising from Greece would be very, very possible since Greece shares a border with Turkey, and many, many Turks live in Greece, so the Assyrian Anti-Christ is born in Greece, and comes to power in Greece, then in the European Union. But what does John say in Revelation about the Beast that arises out of the Sea ? By the way, he was on Patmos, a small Greek Island when he saw this vision.

Rev. 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

The Main body is described by John as like a leopard !! 

Put it all together, the "Assyrian" Anti-Christ is born in Greece, of Turkish parents or grandparents , he comes to power in the European Union.

This is where the Anti-Christ is from. 

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

On 6/5/2017 at 3:25 AM, firestormx said:

Thank you and God bless

Firestormx

I've long contended that there is both a spiritual and natural aspect to things with the spiritual being the "cause" and its "effect" being what we can perceive in the natural realm, and that much confusion in prophecy arises from ignoring, or marginalizing, or failing to understand its spiritual source.  I say that because I see "the prince who is to come" as the next in line after the prince of Persia and the prince of Greece mentioned in Daniel 10, princes who were evil angels.  The prince to come is also an evil angel, the one who spawned the Roman empire and who will also be active again in the last days.

Consider the phrase "The people of the prince".  Who is "of" whom?  If the "people" is a reference to those of 70AD, and I think it is, then the "prince" had to exist at that time in order for the people to be "of" him.

The notion that the prince is an evil angel that existed during the Roman days and will again be active in the last days is supported, I believe, by Revelation 17:8:

• The beast that you saw was [Rome], and is not [being cast in the abyss], and is about to come up out of the abyss [last days] and go to destruction [return of Christ].

I personally don't believe that there are any binding ties between the prince to come and Europe.  Just because his first kingdom was geographically centered in Italy doesn't mean his last needs to be.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

I agree .... the two princes in Daniel are above human traits

The Lord is the one who confirms His covenant with Israel .... the other is Abaddon 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 6/5/2017 at 4:25 AM, firestormx said:

Thank you and God bless

Firestormx

Well what do you know I agree with someone on the forum.  The links said...

"And so after examining a sampling of evidence from both ancient historians as well as the most cutting-edge modern scholarship to date, we may very confidently conclude that the “Roman” soldiers in the Eastern provinces that destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple were in fact Eastern peoples -- the inhabitants of Asia Minor, Syria, Arabia, and Egypt. Again, they were the ancestors of the modern day inhabitants of the Middle East. When we look to the prophecy of Daniel 9:26, we can certainly understand how a hasty or perfunctory reading of this prophecy would lead one to conclude that the “peoples” were in fact Romans, but having now done proper due diligence, completed our homework, and examined the evidence, it is clear that the reality is quite different from what has been commonly and popularly understood."

1 hour ago, fixerupper said:

Well what do you know I agree with someone on the forum other.  The links said...

"And so after examining a sampling of evidence from both ancient historians as well as the most cutting-edge modern scholarship to date, we may very confidently conclude that the “Roman” soldiers in the Eastern provinces that destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple were in fact Eastern peoples -- the inhabitants of Asia Minor, Syria, Arabia, and Egypt. Again, they were the ancestors of the modern day inhabitants of the Middle East. When we look to the prophecy of Daniel 9:26, we can certainly understand how a hasty or perfunctory reading of this prophecy would lead one to conclude that the “peoples” were in fact Romans, but having now done proper due diligence, completed our homework, and examined the evidence, it is clear that the reality is quite different from what has been commonly and popularly understood."

Yeah, I had never heard any of this before, which is why I was hoping for feed back about the article. With the article being so long I understand why there hasn't been much feed back, but I found that article fascinating.  

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Daniel 9:26 "And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for Himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and unto the end of the war desolations are determined."

The emperor of Rome took sides with the Syrians, against the Jews, and Titus Vespian moved his huge Roman army against all Judea, to totally destroy the city, and as Jesus prophesied, dismantled the entire temple. The Jews that escaped with their lives were scattered throughout the countries of the world.

Daniel 9:27 "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

In the translation, "the desolate", it is a person, and should be translated "desolator". That desolator is the Antichrist. and is Satan himself. It is not a king in Europe, or the middle east, for Satan is the "star" that fell to the earth in Revelation 9:1, and he will be given the key, or the authority to the bottomless pit.

When the seventh trump sounds, the seventy weeks of years are over, and you will face the Lord Jesus Christ, either as a happy bride [the church], or in shame for chasing after the Antichrist.

https://www.theseason.org/daniel/daniel9.htm

Edited by n2thelight

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:25 AM, firestormx said:

Thank you and God bless

Firestormx

I interpret "the people of the prince" as being the people of Gog, with Gog being their "chief prince". Ezekiel identified those people as being Persians, Ethiopians, and Libyans.

35 minutes ago, fayec said:

I interpret "the people of the prince" as being the people of Gog, with Gog being their "chief prince". Ezekiel identified those people as being Persians, Ethiopians, and Libyans.

Did you read the article? This is talking about Daniel

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

8 hours ago, firestormx said:

Did you read the article? This is talking about Daniel

I know it's talking about Daniel! But obviously the author of the article doesn't know that the people of the prince which Daniel spoke about in 9:26 and identified as Libyans and Ethiopians in 11:43, are the people whose chief prince is Gog, in Ezekiel.