Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,437
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Studying the Book of Revelation again something popped up in my mind that I had not thought about before and forgotten. 

I don't recall anywhere in scripture where an ordinary heavenly messenger angel (not the Angel of the Lord - "Jesus"), or any heavenly being was allowed to ever preach the Gospel. I haven't found it in scripture to confirm it yet, but I seem to recall they can't testify to the Gospel because they are not fallen beings, don't require sanctification and justification, etc. 

In Revelation 14: 6 - 7, this Angel having the everlasting Gospel to preach appears to be a heavenly messenger. If in fact this is the first time a heavenly being is appointed to preach the Gospel, and it being the tribulation, I'm sure there's special significance and an underlying meaning to take special note. 

Anyone have any thoughts on the subject? Or can direct me to scripture that this is not the first occurrence of a heavenly being preaching the Gospel?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Studying the Book of Revelation again something popped up in my mind that I had not thought about before and forgotten. 

I don't recall anywhere in scripture where an ordinary heavenly messenger angel (not the Angel of the Lord - "Jesus"), or any heavenly being was allowed to ever preach the Gospel. I haven't found it in scripture to confirm it yet, but I seem to recall they can't testify to the Gospel because they are not fallen beings, don't require sanctification and justification, etc. 

In Revelation 14: 6 - 7, this Angel having the everlasting Gospel to preach appears to be a heavenly messenger. If in fact this is the first time a heavenly being is appointed to preach the Gospel, and it being the tribulation, I'm sure there's special significance and an underlying meaning to take special note. 

Anyone have any thoughts on the subject? Or can direct me to scripture that this is not the first occurrence of a heavenly being preaching the Gospel?

They can preach the gospel but only God's gospel. The angel is announcing the hour of God's judgement and the command to worship him in the tribulation. The good news that God at last is about to deal with the world in righteousness and establish His sovereignty over it.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,519
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 6/5/2017 at 1:56 PM, missmuffet said:

They can preach the gospel but only God's gospel. The angel is announcing the hour of God's judgement and the command to worship him in the tribulation. The good news that God at last is about to deal with the world in righteousness and establish His sovereignty over it.

Hi,

You have repeated a conclusion, but I don't see where you have backed your conclusion with the reasoning  or scriptures that has led you to that conclusion. Maybe I missed it, if so could you please repeat them? Could you flesh  out your conclusion by giving some backing  for it?

I'm not aware of enough reasons for making a conclusion one way or another and will appreciate reading of the support others have for their conclusions.

Thanks

Oh, what are the historic examples of angels having preached "God's gospel"?

What other gospel is there than the gospel of Jesus for angels, or any being to proclaim or preach about?

Edited by Neighbor
changed were to where

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

You have repeated a conclusion, but I don't see were you have backed your conclusion with the reasoning  or scriptures that has led you to that conclusion. Maybe I missed it, if so could you please repeat them? Could you flesh  out your conclusion by giving some backing  for it?

I'm not aware of enough reasons for making a conclusion one way or another and will appreciate reading of the support others have for their conclusions.

Thanks

Oh, what are the historic examples of angels having preached "God's gospel"?

What other gospel is there than the gospel of Jesus for angels, or any being to proclaim or preach about?

Let me ask you this. What other gospel do you think there is other than the holy gospel that is  in the Bible that the angel's can preach?

57 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Let me ask you this. What other gospel do you think there is other than the holy gospel that is  in the Bible that the angel's can preach?

Hi, 

Well, in thinking more about it perhaps I was wrong, maybe angels, more accurately fallen angels could preach (if angels preach) another gospel.

I think everyone's truth is their gospel and that the entirety of this world is in battle over  non-compatible gospels. Each person is quite willing to serve, if not die for, their own.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

An angel brought a false gospel to Mohammed, and later an angel brought a false gospel to Joseph Smith.  We remember that satan can transform himself into an angel of light.  Very few stories of encounters with angels are genuine.  But a few are.  And Hebrews does tell us that believers have guardian angels.   We are told to test the spirits.  

We need to be very careful that we are not lead astray from our primary focus on the Godhead.  We are to worship our Creator, and not created beings like angels.    

3 minutes ago, Willa said:

An angel brought a false gospel to Mohammed, and later an angel brought a false gospel to Joseph Smith.  We remember that satan can transform himself into an angel of light.  Very few stories of encounters with angels are genuine.  But a few are.  And Hebrews does tell us that believers have guardian angels.   We are told to test the spirits.  

We need to be very careful that we are not lead astray from our primary focus on the Godhead.  We are to worship our Creator, and not created beings like angels.    

Thank you! That is the kind of detail behind a conclusion that I have been seeking. Your example is most helpful  for me in this discussion. Thanks again.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Willa said:

I would suggest Muhammad claimed the angel Gabriel brought him the teachings of allah on many different occasions. And Joseph Smith claimed the angel Metatron led him to the golden tablets and caused him to memorize the writings thereon. Tablets that were never found after Joseph departed the cave and brought a towns person, a shop keeper I believe it was, to witness them buried in the cave. That they were not there was deemed evidence they had once been, by the shop keeper. Believing Joseph's angel took them back to Heaven with him. 

This doesn't mean these things actually occurred. Joseph and his brother remember were shot to death many years later. And by towns folk who were outraged these men were being kept in the local jail awaiting trial for rape of little girls they claimed to wife. 

Would the angel of God choose such a man as Joseph to be God's disciple? No. Nor does this mean any such thing did occur even were it Satan. Because that would have to occur under God's watchful awareness. The same with Muhammad. An illiterate, or as the Qur'an states, an unlettered man. Who was, as any omniscient being would see, a rapist, a mass murderer , a pedophile, a spousal abuser, and a thief. What divine revelations would that sort be worthy of receiving from an omnibenevolent being? 
And again, if it were Satan lying that he was the angel Gabriel , that again would be under God's watchful awareness. 

For what purpose would God watch this happen? These two men who founded vile evil cults so as to mislead people already fallen in their worldly flesh and sin further into damnation. 

I think Muhammad was mad with the desire for power. And Joseph Smith was a megalomaniac with a mental illness that had a god complex. 

I wouldn't blame actual angels for their delusion. Nor would I blame the fallen angel either. Because it would all occur under God's gaze and with his knowledge and permission. 

Being what those cults have caused to happen on earth, that's quite a stretch. 

Man's depravity is to blame. And man's gullibility too to believe in either cults teachings. 

23 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, 

Well, in thinking more about it perhaps I was wrong, maybe angels, more accurately fallen angels could preach (if angels preach) another gospel.

I think everyone's truth is their gospel and that the entirety of this world is in battle over  non-compatible gospels. Each person is quite willing to serve, if not die for, their own.

You are talking about two different types of angels. God's messengers and fallen angels. Two very different situations.

Thanks anyway for reading of my inquiry.