Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,444
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Some good points made to keep in mind and I'm aware of them. Without naming and dating all the early church fathers, most didn't even live during the period of the Apostle John, or personally know him, some were considered heretics and members of various sects. I wanted to limit it to just one single example for explanation.

I assume the Apostle John was well versed with the writings of the Prophet Daniel. I believe the Apostle John was caught up (Raptured) and wrote down the things he saw as he was instructed by God to do so. Daniel did the same and was told to shut up the Book until the time of the end. I don't believe Daniel understood much of what he was seeing and recording. I believe we are the terminal generation for several reasons, one of which is our eyes are being opened to understand and witness how these endtime events are lining up and transpiring. Side note: According to the chip maker Intel and their advertisements, evidently they have perfected artificial intelligence, and I know Google is not far behind. Think of the implications of that for controlling a one world buying and selling economy and maybe the Beast's image? 

Anyway back on pointe using my single example. Based on still existing authentic writings and scholars opinions, there's no question in my mind Polycarp was a disciple of the Apostle John and a friend. Need be I'll supply the evidence if you'll supply controverting evidence. As a human being, surely John thought long and hard the rest of his life on what he had seen and been through, and try to reason it out to the best of his ability. Wouldn't that just be human nature? And as a human, if that would have happened to you, wouldn't you be busting at the seams to talk about it, or at least confiding in disciples and/or friends that shared their love, devotion and life to our Lord and Savior? 

My pea of a brain hints that John "might" have shared his personal thoughts / interpretations of his experience with his friend students. I would have a zillion questions, one of which would be, what did it feel like to get "caught up?" It's quite possible, even likely John didn't comment any further about his experience beyond what he was instructed to write down to anyone

At any rate, it's educational to read what the early church fathers had to say and their interpretations. One thing is beyond dispute, for the first time in history, we have the ability, knowledge and technology to see how all these endtime events can transpire. 

Another interesting study is the chemical composition of the energy source for an implanted microchip they're working the bugs out of, and the lesions and sores it causes if that "battery" bursts. Just something I found interesting...

Guest Judas Machabeus

I'm with you on what you say about the Fathers and Polycarp. 

Not so much on the end times stuff, I'm not disputing what you are saying. It's just not a topic that I'm well read on or interested in. Scriputre says no one knows the time so I don't try to figure it out. I do enjoy listening to some of their theories from time to time.