• Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

On 6/6/2017 at 0:42 AM, missmuffet said:

Psalm 27:5 For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.

Hey, Missmuffet! I like it! It is a perfect picture of the pretrib rapture.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, iamlamad said:

That is what I thought :D

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Only if you cherry pick from the psalm

Psalms 27:2 When the wicked came against me
To eat up my flesh,
My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell.
3 Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.

An army encamped against him in heaven?  Please....

Psalms 27:6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
9 Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.

Enemies all around him in heaven?  Having to seek the Lord in heaven?  This pre-trib theology continues to reach and reach like a stretch armstrong doll.  This is the very essence of why cherry picking is unsound.

God bless

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, iamlamad said:

It's nothing to do with so called pretrib false teachings, nor the rapture.  Sheer deception.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Greetings again Keras,

10 hours ago, Keras said:

It just shows that is a bad idea to guess things about the end times! Who the 24 Elders are, we simply aren't told. Leave it at that.

Glad you believe in only one way of salvation; Jesus.  But you did say 2 posts ago, that the Jews who still look forward to their Messiah, expect a different kind of salvation.  This contradicts Romans 9:27, Isaiah 22:14, Amos 2:4-5, +

Why do we differ on what God has planned for Hs people in the last days?  It is all comprehensively prophesied in our Bibles.

We only need to look at this forum to see that there is a wide range of opinions, based in each person's estimation on the Scriptures, but in my estimation each of us are to some extent subject to our environment, partly wrong deductions and other factors.

23 hours ago, TrevorL said:

The household is made up of the faithful past and present, drawn from Jews and Gentiles, such as Isaiah and Paul both Jews, the one looking forward to Jesus, the other directly confronted by Jesus. Many Gentile believers are also mentioned in the NT. Yes there is only one household of God.

I can see how you read the above as my statement was ambiguous. What I was trying to say was that in his day Isaiah was still looking forward to the appearance of the Messiah. I do believe that after Jesus' appearance it was and is necessary for the Jews to believe in Jesus for salvation.

Kind regards Trevor

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272

11 hours ago, simplejeff said:

It's nothing to do with so called pretrib false teachings, nor the rapture.  Sheer deception.

You can be a doubter if you choose - and it appears that is what you have chosen. No problem: you will be left behind and will then have to face a terrible choice: take the mark or lose your head. You won't be alone though.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272

14 hours ago, wingnut- said:

Only if you cherry pick from the psalm

Psalms 27:2 When the wicked came against me
To eat up my flesh,
My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell.
3 Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.

An army encamped against him in heaven?  Please....

Psalms 27:6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
9 Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.

Enemies all around him in heaven?  Having to seek the Lord in heaven?  This pre-trib theology continues to reach and reach like a stretch armstrong doll.  This is the very essence of why cherry picking is unsound.

God bless

Isaiah 26:19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Notice  in verse 19 Isaiah sets time timing: when the dead men are resurrected. Then in verse 20, HIS people are to hie away from the indignation.  Again it fits a pretrib rapture. It will be at a time when the Lord comes to punish the sinners.

In the Old Testament many times we just get a glimpes of something, where in the new it is explained. When those that are IN Christ are caught up, those left behind suffer "sudden destruction." Those living in the light of the gospel get "salvation" and get to live together with Him. Where will HE be during the trumpets and vials? IN HEAVEN. And those in Christ will be with Him.

1 hour ago, iamlamad said:

Isaiah 26:19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Notice  in verse 19 Isaiah sets time timing: when the dead men are resurrected. Then in verse 20, HIS people are to hie away from the indignation.  Again it fits a pretrib rapture. It will be at a time when the Lord comes to punish the sinners.

In the Old Testament many times we just get a glimpes of something, where in the new it is explained. When those that are IN Christ are caught up, those left behind suffer "sudden destruction." Those living in the light of the gospel get "salvation" and get to live together with Him. Where will HE be during the trumpets and vials? IN HEAVEN. And those in Christ will be with Him.

Two different passages of scripture, you are completely side-stepping the obvious flaws you cannot attribute to occurring in heaven by switching to a different subject.  I guess you are trying to infer that one cannot find the Lord in heaven, or would have to be concerned with the Lord leaving or forsaking one in heaven.  Ridiculous is the only word that comes to mind.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, iamlamad said:

You can be a doubter if you choose - and it appears that is what you have chosen. No problem: you will be left behind and will then have to face a terrible choice: take the mark or lose your head. You won't be alone though.

No, this is not Biblical teachings.   You don't have a choice in the matter of the "rapture" as those who subscribe to this teaching or interpretation.  If you are a born again saint, how can you be left behind. Will not all, every single believer be raptured according to the belief.   Is it not only unbelievers, who would be left behind, you don't have a choice in the matter.    So in fact, only the Lord knows who is saved and would be raptured .   If a person is a doubter in the rapture, does it make him a unbeliever.   

What about the people who are in the  middle, like me.  I do not pay too much attention to this , as i don't have a choice, it is the Lord to decide.  I am to do what is required of me here as a born again believer with the tools and graces given here to occupy, i.e  repentance, sanctification, justification, hope, faith and the rest.  The Lord know who are his and he will act accordingly.  Why the preoccupation with a word that believers have become entangled with and fuss over.   

There are many well respected Theologians that holds opposite views, and these are men who have been in study of scripture most of their lives.   Taking the mark has nothing to do with the rapture as such, but allegiance to whom is your Lord and savior.  If you are sealed with the Holy Spirit, the mark is of no relevance to you, only to unbelievers.

11 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

No, this is not Biblical teachings.   You don't have a choice in the matter of the "rapture" as those who subscribe to this teaching or interpretation.  If you are a born again saint, how can you be left behind. Will not all, every single believer be raptured according to the belief.   Is it not only unbelievers, who would be left behind, you don't have a choice in the matter.    So in fact, only the Lord knows who is saved and would be raptured .   If a person is a doubter in the rapture, does it make him a unbeliever.   

What about the people who are in the  middle, like me.  I do not pay too much attention to this , as i don't have a choice, it is the Lord to decide.  I am to do what is required of me here as a born again believer with the tools and graces given here to occupy, i.e  repentance, sanctification, justification, hope, faith and the rest.  The Lord know who are his and he will act accordingly.  Why the preoccupation with a word that believers have become entangled with and fuss over.   

There are many well respected Theologians that holds opposite views, and these are men who have been in study of scripture most of their lives.   Taking the mark has nothing to do with the rapture as such, but allegiance to whom is your Lord and savior.  If you are sealed with the Holy Spirit, the mark is of no relevance to you, only to unbelievers.

:thumbsup:  Well said, such a claim has no basis in scripture.