• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

Although David's Psalm/Prophecy seems to infer that the Lord's people will be removed to a safe place in the forthcoming time of trouble, nowhere is this idea clearly stated, but many prophesies reiterate how the Lord will protect His own through His Day of wrath:

Isaiah 43: When you walk through fire, you will not be scorched.

Zephaniah 2:3 Seek the Lord, all you who obey Him, it may be that you will be sheltered on the Day of the Lord's anger.

1 Corinthians 10:13.... God will not test you beyond your powers, when the test comes, He will provide a way out to enable you to endure.

Psalm 9:10 The Lord does not abandon those who seek Him and trust in Him.

2 Peter 2:9 God knows how to rescue the godly from their trials.

Psalm 18:3 I shall call upon the Lord, then I will be made safe.

Psalm 31:23-24 The Lord protects the faithful. Be strong, all you whose hope is in the Lord.

Psalm 64:10 The righteous rejoice, their refuge is in the Lord.

Zechariah 9:15-16 The Lord of hosts will protect His people...On that Day, He will save them, like a flock, for they are precious to Him.

Psalm 37:18-19 The Lord watches over the righteous, when times are bad, they will not be distressed.

Job 22:30 He will deliver the innocent, because their hands are pure.

Psalm 91:1-16 ...He will rescue you, you will not fear the terrors abroad.

Psalm 121:1-8 My help comes from the Lord, He will guard your life.

Psalm 109:31 The Lord stands at the right hand of the poor and saves them from trials.

Isaiah 51:16 I keep you covered under the shelter of My hand.

Psalm 97:10-12 He keeps His loyal servants safe and rescues them from the wicked.

Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is anyone who trusts in the Lord, they will be like trees by a stream, when the heat comes it has nothing to fear.

Nahum 1:7 The Lord is a sure protection in times of trouble and cares for all those who make Him their refuge.

Psalm 60:4-5 To those who fear You, a flag will show the way to escape from trouble.

Psalm 37:9 For evildoers will be destroyed, those who trust in the Lord will prosper in the Land.

Isaiah 26:20 On that Day, I will come to your aid.

Daniel 12:1 There will be a time of anguish, but at that time, Your people will be delivered, all those whose names are written in the Book of Life.

2 Thessalonians 1:7 ...to give you relief when the Lord Jesus comes in blazing fire.

Joel 3:16 The Lord roars from Zion, the heavens and the earth shudder, but He is a refuge for His people and a defense for Israel.

Isaiah 65:9b My chosen ones will take possession of the land, those who serve Me will live there.

Ecclesiasticus 34:13-17 Those who fear the Lord will live, for their trust in Him can keep them safe. The Lord keeps watch over those who love Him, He is their shield and support, a shelter from the scorching wind and the heat of the sun. He raises their spirits and gives healing, life and blessings.

Reference: Revised English Bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

This would support the rapture of the Church before the seven year tribulation

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

9 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Considering he is talking about being surrounded by his enemies, I would respectfully disagree.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

27 minutes ago, Keras said:

Although David's Psalm/Prophecy seems to infer that the Lord's people will be removed to a safe place in the forthcoming time of trouble, nowhere is this idea clearly stated, but many prophesies reiterate how the Lord will protect His own through His Day of wrath:

This Psalm in its entirety reflects coming from the time when David was fleeing for his life from Saul.  If it were to be taken as a prophecy, seeing that David was a King of Israel, it would be more in regards to Israel being safe in the wilderness than anything else.  However since David talks about being surrounded by his enemies it is most likely from the time when Saul was hunting him.

God bless

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It is sad that those who have embraced the false 'rapture to heaven' theory, see support for it everywhere, even though there is no scripture that states such a thing and Jesus Himself refutes it. John 3:13

3 hours ago, wingnut- said:

This Psalm in its entirety reflects coming from the time when David was fleeing for his life from Saul.  If it were to be taken as a prophecy, seeing that David was a King of Israel, it would be more in regards to Israel being safe in the wilderness than anything else.  However since David talks about being surrounded by his enemies it is most likely from the time when Saul was hunting him.

This and all the Psalms can be used for our edification and may be a part fulfilment of ancient events. But the New Testament often quotes from the Psalms and David was a prophet.   It fits with how the Lord promises to save His people, those who call out to Him, Acts 2:21, by protecting them during His Day of wrath.

Psalm 69:36 Those who serve the Lord and love His Name, will inherit the Land.

1 Peter 1:5 Because you put your faith in God, you are under the protection of His power, until His salvation is revealed in the last days.

Isaiah 41:13 For I; the Lord God will hold your right hand, saying: Fear not, I will help you.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

On ‎7‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:34 PM, Keras said:

Greetings Keras,

The following does seem to indicate that the faithful will be separated and protected during part at least of the time of trouble. And note verse 19 seems to also indicate that this will be the time of the resurrection of the dead.

Isaiah 26: 19-21 (KJV): 19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. 20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast. 21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Psalm 27:5 can be applied to any time of trouble or difficulty, but it could thus also apply to the coming time of trouble.

Kind regards

Trevor

15 hours ago, TrevorL said:

The following does seem to indicate that the faithful will be separated and protected during part at least of the time of trouble. And note verse 19 seems to also indicate that this will be the time of the resurrection of the dead.

Isaiah 26: 19-21 (KJV): 19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

This prophecy is about the Great White Throne Judgement at the end of the Millennium. Rev 20:11-15

15 hours ago, TrevorL said:

Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast. 21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

This refers to the forthcoming terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath. We are plainly told to seek shelter on that one [literal] Day.

More details on what the Lord has told us He will do at; logostelos.info

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

The "time of trouble" is the seven year tribulation

Jeremiah 30:7

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The "time of trouble" is the seven year tribulation

Jeremiah 30:7

Jeremiah 30:7-8 plainly speaks of a literal Day. That Day is prophesied to happen at the Sixth Seal and the spiritual children of the Patriarchs, every true Christian, Romans 9:8, + will come through it safely.  REBible translation. The words: and he shall be saved out of it. KJV, are not in the original Hebrew.

The Great tribulation of the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls happens after the time gap of the Seventh Seal. It will last for 1260 days.