Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

We need to face up to it.........   life is hazardous to your health.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Gosh, I am so old I remember using coffee percolators made of aluminum. Imagine shooting very hot water up an aluminum stempipe and then catching the mixed brew contents in an aluminum pot to heat even further. Why the aluminum oxides, - wait oxides are good right? I just can't remember much of anything nowadays. don't know why.

I'm older than dirt. When I grew up dirt was the new thing. My grandma used to say," you have to eat a pound of dirt before you die." Then she would brush off a chicken leg that had fallen to the floor and offer me it on a plate. I always thought then that she was rushing me onto my death. Guess not.

'Course we all know now there is a five second rule. If food falls pick it up within five seconds and it is still clean. - except dropped chocolate chip cookies. They stay clean until picked up; but then must be immediately consumed.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/18/1960

On 6/6/2017 at 6:40 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi all,

Not a salvation issue, but just to discuss and ask-

The used Keurig containers that I throw away started to fascinate me. and so I am putting seeds in their an dthendrops of water each day. to see if they might work as a starter medium and container for plants.

To early to ave any results. Has anyone else tried it?

I am leaving the top on each container  just poking th eseed through into the cup and then adding a litttle moisture each day.

I haven't tried it, but thanks for the idea. I've already had my 3rd cup of the day...good start.

• Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3rd?  3rd cup! Time for me to catch up. I've been analyzing and repairing my refrigerator. It went blew-y during our lightning storms of this morning.  Fortunately it turned out to be an easy fix. Just unplug it, then wait fifteen minutes and plug back in.  Thanks to the diagnostic codes that the display board shared. Of course it took me a half  hour of online research and fighting  PDf downloads that wouldn't open to learn that. Saved me a new refrigerator cost  or a service call and some lost food. Our storms do more stuff, we get surges snaps crackles and real strikes. Been hit four times over the years. Once blew the four corners off my house roof. Another time the surge turned everything in the house on and blew out every lightbulb. They just all exploded. The telephone smoked too. All the ceiling fans spun wildly. Floridah is grand. This time, no real issue just reset the display board. 

Edited by Neighbor

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

I dispose of so many K-cups, if I could use them for plant like sage or even broccoli. 

Guest BacKaran

You can recycle your k cups with your bottles and cans. I've used the coffee grounds to add to my garden, just to feel like they must do something when they compost, right?

Aluminum percolators... Do they out rank glass percolators? I love my granmas glass percolator cuz depending on how dark the coffee got, the better the flavor. 

glass percolator with a glass stem, u think the coffee bin was aluminum..... Anyone else remember?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,158
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

On 6/7/2017 at 7:07 AM, other one said:

Yep . . . 

The Surgeon General has determined that life is 100% terminal.

Time, it seems, gets everyone. :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:07 AM, other one said:

Indeed, and the health race has not taken into account "adaptation" which is the ability of God's creation to adapt to changes, such as fish in deep dark below are born with no eyes (they don't need them), and how our bodies can adapt to preservatives and other toxins that we encounter. For didn't Jesus Christ say, "they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well." (Mark 16:18). If we can drink poison, how much more so eat it and not be harmed? For fluids act much faster than food which gets digested.