IGNORED

The C0uncil 0f Trent

existential mabel

Guest Thallasa
On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:37 PM, Blueyedjewel said:

Perhaps you didnt understand me properly. Faith w/o works is dead. Im not saying works in itself is a bad thing. We do work but it is not TO BE SAVED but because we are saved. There is a vast difference in the HEART CONDITION  between the two.  RC is a works righteous false religion .

In most ancient  societies people were less individualistic and worked together for the greater good ,and the  RCC think that if you are only thinking of your own personal salvation all the time, instead of caring about others  within the community , then you are probably not saved at all .

America is a new country ,a young country founded on the individualism of protestantism , and  could only have survived  late in history , when  we have universal communcation ,world wide travel etc.

It has been built on older wiser shoulders from other cultures ,and while still totally hostile to Catholics , would be very poor sad and selfish place without Italians , Irish , Spanish and other Catholics . 

Although many people no longer practice Catholicism, as provided by the Church ,and have need of more bible knowledge , most have already been saved within the Church, and are deepening  their relationship with God  through  scripture .

I have no problem with serious criticism of the RCC ,but out of context of history and society ,the nonsense about people not being saved from the church , is just that .  When people were forced to belong, yes it was a problem ,but centuries have passed .  Now  I'm still waiting for a  post which criticises protestantism , then I will stop defnding the RCC in any way, because justice is balance ,and there is little here ,all is  one sided .  

Guest Thallasa
On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:00 AM, Judas Machabeus said:

I love my country except when we need to order books from the States. 17.99 to order The Trail of Tears. Which is a bit more than I was willing to spend. I'll see if I can find one cheaper either used or digital copy. 

Order free post to anywhere in the world from Kenny's  books,  Galway .:)

Guest Judas Machabeus
Just now, Thallasa said:

Order free post to anywhere in the world from Kenny's  books,  Galway .:)

thanks, I ended up finding a digital copy but good to know for the future

Guest Thallasa
On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:05 AM, Blueyedjewel said:

"we all abide in Christ dont we?" Well I cant answer that question as simply as you have asked.Who is the we? Are you saying catholics and christians are alike?

Catholics ARE Christians , even if their Church, as all churches are , is Imperfect .

Guest Thallasa
2 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

thanks, I ended up finding a digital copy but good to know for the future

I like to support small businesses, against the big monsters which are eating them up .:vader:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

To what end? Is it meant to somehow "show" the supremacy of the RCC? I ask because you have failed to post anything that would illustrate the other side of the equation.

If that is what you gathered from reading the article I linked so be it. I am not Catholic. 

God be with you. 

A.A., I am not attacking you. My apologies if that is how I came across. I was just trying to understand your motivation for posting the article. When someone posts something like that, they usually state a position on the article to give the reader some perspective.

51 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

Catholics ARE Christians , even if their Church, as all churches are , is Imperfect .

Not necessarily. Many, if not most, RCs do not claim to be born again. Many RCs support abortion. Most are involved in idol worship of the Virgin Mary and the Saints.

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 hour ago, Davida said:

--To accuse someone else of "hateful bigoted  anti-Catholic speech" is a strong allegation & accusation in itself.   If every time anyone says anything that is a strong criticism of the RCC they are accused of "being hateful" that will make for a one-sided discussion which is actually No discussion at all - and what is the pt in that? so let's discard those accusations calling one another "hateful" because that is just not so.  Is the record of history "hateful" ? People can state their opinion and it doesn't have to be infused with any emotion at all.

I recognize that really Only those who are Protestant or those who have defected from the RCC will see , recognize and admit the problems with the RCC-in the present and through out history. To say both sides have plenty of blood - is just denial of the RCC bloody history as  nothing comes close.

David the Catholic Church is attacked on a regular basis and most of what is said is hateful and slanderous. If you support people saying that others will kill and exterminate people if they have the chance again to do so, and claim it as strong criticism than I feel that says more about you than my statement. Also to imply that "hateful bigoted anti-Catholic speech" is being used "every time anyone says anything that is a strong criticism of the RCC" than I would like you to point out all these threads that "every time" someone says something critical of the Catholic Church someone accuses them of "hateful bigoted anti-Catholic speech". Because this is not the case in the threads I participate in.

Saying as a factual statement that someone or some group will exterminate another group in the future is wrong and to try and deflect or defend that is mind blowing. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
41 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

Not necessarily. Many, if not most, RCs do not claim to be born again. Many RCs support abortion. Most are involved in idol worship of the Virgin Mary and the Saints.

Catholics don't use the vernacular of "to be born again" therefore they are not born again? mmmkay!

Many RC's support abortion therefore ALL Catholics are not Christian. So if the person next to you in Church support abortion therefor YOU are not Christian?

Most are involved in idol worship of the Virgin Mary and the Saints. Catholics do not worship Mary or the Saints and just because YOU do not understand what they believe and claim something doesn't make it so.