IGNORED

The C0uncil 0f Trent

existential mabel

Guest Thallasa
On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:55 AM, Rick_Parker said:

And, as your glorious leader says....Allah and GOD are the same GOD. And Christ is still on the Cross, right? And taking the Holy Communion literally turns into Christ's blood and His flesh, right? But, I digress.

My glorious leader , what are you talking about ? It seems like most Americans who have never left their shores , you need to get a larger perspective in life . I have never ,nor have my family, ever listened to a pope ,anymore than we listen to your présidents, or other world leaders . We are too aware to follow anyone individual , not being inclined  to have any idols , whether religious or not and we read widely .

But then ,when has being open to learning large, been a part of the culture of America ,or England ? The Irish and Scots ,of the Celtic variety, have always sought learning for it's own sake , while  dominating others, both politically  and financially seems ,to have  been the main raison d'etre, of those two countries  . You are more interested in the pope than I am , which is  not at all .

Most people go about their daily lives ,if they are healthy , and do not take any of their leaders too seriously , while noting what is important ,and most Catholics do the same . 

All I try to do here, which is very difficult, is to keep a larger unbiased view of  history and other cultures , that is  open up a bit .

But now I am sick, of this kind of post, and have better things to do . 

Edited by Thallasa

Guest Thallasa
16 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

I think any Christian knows what worship is defined as. Avoiding the discussion itself in order to lob challenges for individuals committed to Christ to define basic terms associated with the Christian faith, in order to avoid addressing the factors, such as Mary idolized as the co-redemtrix with Jesus,  brought forth and demonstrating with RCC proofs themselves, and links,  and that show the RCC does not comport with the essential doctrine that defines the teachings of Jesus, and the faith in Christ,  constitutes trolling. 

I agree with you about, over doing it about Mary . Never having grown up with 'Mary Worship ', I had no idea of the extent of it , and what I have learned concerns me greatly . If it was not a part of our growing up , it is probable that many Catholics do not know either ,or rather did not know ,as it is becoming more difficult to hide in the day of the internet .

I also  find the extreme protestant view  , harsh and wrong  , and much of this came from Calvinistic Scotland .

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, brakelite said:

The Cathechism is the rule of faith for Roman Catholicism....it is NOT the rule of faith for Christianity. I am speakig of scripture...the catechism is not scripture. 1 Timothy 2:5  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

This may help them to understand Catholicism.  

the Vatican.Com CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

American Catholic

What is the Catechism of the Catholic Church?

ARTICLE
When we talk about “the catechism” today we are most likely referring to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, promulgated by Pope John Paul II in 1992 to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the opening of the Second Vatican Council.

For more than a decade bishops, theologians, and other experts worked on a “compendium of all Catholic doctrine regarding both faith and morals.” The fruit of their work was the catechism, an organized presentation of the essential teachings of the Catholic Church in regards to both faith and morals, “in the light of the Second Vatican Council and the whole of the church’s tradition.”

The creation of an official, authoritative, and authentic reference text for teaching and transmitting Catholic doctrine was not new, however. In 1566 the so-called Roman Catechism was published in response to the request issued three years earlier by the Council of Trent. Used until 1978, it inspired, as intended, the creation of many national catechisms.

Often these national catechisms were in a question-and-answer format, bringing to life the very meaning of the word catechism, derived from the Greek verb “to echo.” Students would, for centuries to come, repeat or echo the answers to the questions back to their teachers, who maybe hoped that the pupils would not only learn Catholic doctrine but echo the faith in their own lives.

In the United States the most famous of these Q&A catechisms is the Baltimore Catechism. Issued by the Third Plenary Council of Baltimore in 1884 and used until at least 1962, its 421 questions and answers became ingrained in the minds of millions of U.S. Catholic grammar school students who grew up before the council.

Although Catholics the world over flocked to purchase a copy of the 1992 edition (it became a best-seller), the catechism wasn’t intended for study and reflection by Catholics in general. Its intended readers are “those responsible for catechesis,” namely, bishops, priests, and catechists.

In 2006 the U.S. bishops published the United States Catholic Catechism for Adults (USCCA), directed toward U.S. Catholics. Based on the CCC, it is written in light of the Catholic American experience and developed for the continuous formation and growth of adult Catholics.

But neither catechism is meant to stand alone as the only reference for Catholic teaching. It only contains small sections of the actual documents it references. The church’s rich tradition, the Bible, and liturgy all illuminate each other and help us grow in faith, hope, and love.

This article appeared in the July 2011 issue of U.S. Catholic (Vol. 76, No. 7, page 46)

12 hours ago, Thallasa said:

I have never ,nor have my family, ever listened to a pope

Guess the RCC would say that you are not a good Catholic; that you are not a member of the one, true Church?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, inchrist said:

A protestant telling catholics what catholicism is.....riiiighttt

IN truth, it must be this way.

As noted in one of the previous posts,  if a roman catholic, or rcc catholic, or catholic, tells catholics what catholicism is, they get executed, or excommunicated,  or both. (historically that has been the case anyway)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

44 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

As noted in one of the previous posts,  if a roman catholic, or rcc catholic, or catholic, tells catholics what catholicism is, they get executed, or excommunicated,  or both. (historically that has been the case anyway)

Catholicism gave birth to Protestantism and even accepted some of their doctrine and created some of their own.  I don't talk bad about any church if I can help it.  None of them are off the hook.

Edited by fixerupper

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

59 minutes ago, fixerupper said:

Catholicism gave birth to Protestantism and even accepted some of their doctrine and created some of their own.  I don't talk bad about any church if I can help it.  None of them are off the hook.

If you mean those parts that are daughters of the great harlet,  perhaps yes. 

Otherwise, no. 

In the good light of Faith in Jesus,  being set free from the evil oppression of a false gospel,

Protestants were like Martin Luther, and somewhat also Like the Israelites in Egypt with Moses, 

set free .

There is no good thing "birthed" out of catholicism, ever.

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

If you mean those parts that are daughters of the great harlet,  perhaps yes. 

Otherwise, no. 

In the good light of Faith in Jesus,  being set free from the evil oppression of a false gospel,

Protestants were like Martin Luther, and somewhat also Like the Israelites in Egypt with Moses, 

set free .

There is no good thing "birthed" out of catholicism, ever.

How do you identify the great harlot?  Do you say she's Rome or the apostate church?

Guest Judas Machabeus
18 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Guess the RCC would say that you are not a good Catholic; that you are not a member of the one, true Church?

I'm not sure Thallasa is Catholic, if she's not than the Pope has no authority over her. Catholic's are allowed to question and disagree with the Pope on non-dogmatic things such as married priest, global warming.

18 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Can you give an example of when the last time this happened? Because it certainly isn't the case right now. There are a number of Bishops and Cardinal demanding the Pope to clarify something he wrote in encyclical. There is great debate right now if divorced and remarried Catholic should be allowed to receive communion. So far no executions or excommunications?

So can you back up what you are saying or are you just making things up to smear the Catholic Church.

17 hours ago, fixerupper said:

I'm curious what doctrine did the Catholic Church adopt and which did they create? And good for you for not talking bad about other Churches. We can disagree but it needs to be done in an honest manner. There have been scandals within the Catholic Church throughout history and its gotta own those, correct and move on. But Protestants have also had their share of scandals and far to often its always a lop sided discussion. They are quick to sling the mud but refuse to acknowledge their own history.

2 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I'm not sure Thallasa is Catholic, if she's not than the Pope has no authority over her. Catholic's are allowed to question and disagree with the Pope on non-dogmatic things such as married priest, global warming.

Can you give an example of when the last time this happened? Because it certainly isn't the case right now. There are a number of Bishops and Cardinal demanding the Pope to clarify something he wrote in encyclical. There is great debate right now if divorced and remarried Catholic should be allowed to receive communion. So far no executions or excommunications?

So can you back up what you are saying or are you just making things up to smear the Catholic Church.

I'm curious what doctrine did the Catholic Church adopt and which did they create? And good for you for not talking bad about other Churches. We can disagree but it needs to be done in an honest manner. There have been scandals within the Catholic Church throughout history and its gotta own those, correct and move on. But Protestants have also had their share of scandals and far to often its always a lop sided discussion. They are quick to sling the mud but refuse to acknowledge their own history.

I didn't say the Catholic church adopt anything.  I said the Protestants adopted Catholic doctrine of the trinity in the 2nd-3rd century. Trinitaeianism is a Catholic doctrine they persecuted people for back then.  Today, many Protestants condemn those who are non trinitarian.

Edited by fixerupper