IGNORED

What is the Denominational grounding or dogma of choice for WCF itself?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

Since I've been a member here I've seen a number of posts that call other denominations into question as to their rightness or fitness to be called Christian. I've also seen and received a number of inquiries that make me want to post this question now so as to better understand the atmosphere of Worthy itself . I did read that the purpose is ministerial. I'm asking what particular denomination or dogma is upheld by the founder of Worthy or the worthy watchmen in charge. 

Thank you. This will help better get a feel for the community atmosphere itself. 

Blessings, 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I would hope no one but George would answer this question.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

http://www.worthychristianlibrary.com/

https://www.worthynetwork.com/statement-of-faith

Statement of Faith

We believe in God, the almighty creator of heaven and earth.

We believe in the triunity of God. We believe that God is eternally One, and also eternally the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit — the three being distinct, but not separate. Each Person of the Godhead coexists from everlasting to everlasting.

We believe in the Messiah, Jesus, God’s only begotten son, God come in the flesh. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate. He was crucified, died and buried. On the third day, He rose again. Soon afterward He ascended into heaven. Now He is seated at the right hand of the Father and He will return to judge both the living and the dead and reign for evermore.

We believe all mankind are sinful and are therefore subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.

We believe that everyone is in need of God’s salvation. Mankind is absolutely unable to fulfill the heavy demands of God’s righteousness, holiness and glory. Therefore, God, in sending His Only Begotten Son, has accomplished redemption for us through the shedding of Jesus’ blood. Because of His Son’s death, God has forgiven us of our sins, reconciled us to Himself, and justified us by making Him our righteousness.

We believe that salvation is a gift received by faith alone, in Messiah alone, and is expressed in the individual’s recognition and repentance of sin, and the acceptance of the risen Messiah as Saviour, Lord and God.

We believe in the supreme Lordship of Jesus Christ, before whom every knee in heaven and on earth will bow. And that there is no other name under Heaven by which we can approach the holy throne of God. Jesus Christ is the one and only mediator between God and man.

We believe that immediately upon death, the soul of the believer is absent from the body, and present with the Lord.

We believe in the ongoing work of sanctification by the Holy Spirit after redemption for the purpose of producing life changing fruit — love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and self-control.

We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Planet

Jeff has posted our Statement of Faith for you,I would imagine you have already read it when you joined this Ministry   Our Authority is God Most High,His Principles are laid out in His Written Word,the Gospel of Jesus are the teachings we uphold as found in  the Books of Matthew,Mark,Luke & John

George gives a description of the layout & design of our Forums here

In the Old Testament, the most holy place in the entire world was the Temple. The temple had 3 main components within it: the outer court, the inner court, and the holy of holies.

Now the Outer Court was accessible to ANYONE to enter.

The Inner Court was the areas designated for believers to enter into worship of the King.

The Holy of Holies was where the glory of God dwelt -- it was entered only once a year by the High Priest and was separated by a veil.

As we continue to grow as a ministry, there are certain areas of the boards where it's intended to be "believer" to "believer" discussions. Our desire is to run a "Christian" online ministry. While at the same time, we wish to welcome anyone who is NOT a CHRISTIAN to join the discussions. So we've created a new layout based on the Old Testament Temple.

The Outer Court is designated for anyone who does not necessarily believe in God's atonement through Jesus -- it's the designated area of the ministry for those who are Undecided to ask questions, to join discussions, and to have fellowship.

The Inner Court is designated for believers only -- ALTHOUGH anyone can read the discussions, only believers will be able to start, and reply to the discussions.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask,

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

We are non-denominational....we are Believers United by our Faith in the knowledge of Who our Lord & Savior Christ Jesus IS  WE learn & grow together as members of the Same Body with Christ our Head 

Does that help?                                                                                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Planet

Jeff has posted our Statement of Faith for you,I would imagine you have already read it when you joined this Ministry   Our Authority is God Most High,His Principles are laid out in His Written Word,the Gospel of Jesus are the teachings we uphold as found in  the Books of Matthew,Mark,Luke & John

George gives a description of the layout & design of our Forums here

We are non-denominational....we are Believers United by our Faith in the knowledge of Who our Lord & Savior Christ Jesus IS  WE learn & grow together as members of the Same Body with Christ our Head 

Does that help?                                                                                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

Yes, thank you. I had read the statement of faith. I wanted to see if there was a denominational affiliation that may not have been mentioned. Thank you. :) I have my answer now. Blessings, 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Well, when I was recruited in 2004, and as I have been kept on staff, I have never been asked what my denominational affiliation is, and in fact, I do not really claim one. I am just a Christian, who is doctrinally in tune with the Bible, as best as I can understand it.
I do have denominational affiliations, in as much as I attend local bodies of believers. When I began here I attended a Hope Chapel (a sort of sub-denomination of Four Square International, and I now attend an independant Baptist Church.

Some of my doctrines have been refined a little or in some cases changed quite a bit. I have never thought that there was a denominational leaning or preference here, but I do believe that a sound understanding of the Bible, as the authoritative word of God, and all that implies, is a standard.

I do not, as a matter of conviction, march in lockstep with the pastors or staffs or even the doctrinal statements of churches I attend, nor is it a secret that I do not. If I have a theological difference with one of my pastors, they know about it. As long as they and I, stay out of heresies, and continue to worship and obey God, and follow His teaching, I see no reason why there should be any division. We can disagree on some things, and still be family, serving and edifying one another.

I see the ministry here, the staff here and most of those who are members here, in the exact same way. I think denominations are okay, sometimes beneficial, but never necessary.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There 'IS' a

James 1:27 (KJV)

[27] Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

combining this obedience

Colossians 3:1 (KJV)

[3:1] If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

[2] Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

[3] For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

[4] When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

The best thing about our walk now is to do so s/Spiritually

2 Corinthians 5:6 (KJV)

[6] Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

[7] (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

[8] We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

[9] Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

[10] For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

How strange it is to handle what everyone around us would kill for as it is worthless to us.... Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

You will find people here from all denomination and cultures from all over the world.  You will find atheist, agnostics, those from false religions (according to scripture) and even trolls.  You will find those who come to fellowship, those seeking answers, those who wish to help others and those with an agenda to fulfill.  I wold say this site is a melting pot of sorts.  Those who are in ministry follow the Lord where He leads them.  We may not always agree, but we are united in Him., Christ Jesus as brought forth in scripture.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Planet

Oh good,I wasn't quite sure what you wanted to know so I am glad you have your answer   Now lets dance! :dance::dance: PRAISE JESUS!  In case anyone wants to know what that's all about,it is simple-it's the Praise Jesus dance we do & anyone is welcome to join us(Planet has a Christian Praise Song we dance to in the Video Forum)!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

10 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Planet

Oh good,I wasn't quite sure what you wanted to know so I am glad you have your answer   Now lets dance! :dance::dance: PRAISE JESUS!  In case anyone wants to know what that's all about,it is simple-it's the Praise Jesus dance we do & anyone is welcome to join us(Planet has a Christian Praise Song we dance to in the Video Forum)!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

The Praise Jesus dance can begin at that link posted here . Good Morrrrrrrning, Kwik. :D :emot-hug: :dance:What a beautiful day the precious Lord has made! :dance: