cjen

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2017/june/isis-flag-flies-asia-christian-philippines-marawi.html?share=

Just wanna share what's happening to (Marawi City) a certain place near the city where I live.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Praying~!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

This is really sad.  I heard very little about it a couple of day s ago.  Thank you for sharing.  Praying His will be done!

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Praying here as well.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

Praying~!

Can we cross paste this in the prayer forum? Has anyone heard this report on their local mainstream media broadcast? I've not as yet. 

Joining others here in prayers. :th_praying:

The militants later killed nine Christians at a checkpoint; local residents identified the victims as Christians and said they had been pulled from a truck, had their hands bound, and then their bodies riddled with bullets and left in a field.

Reports continue to emerge of Christians being specifically targeted, forced to recite Muslim prayers, and used as human shields. Edwin de la Peña, bishop of Marawi, told Catholic news agency Fides that he was “happy” Suganob was alive but “afraid of the fate of the hostages—about 200 civilians in all—now used as human shields.” Suganob said that his captors are “ready to die for their religion.”

AsiaNews reports that the captured priest—a chaplain at the state university—is well known as a leader in interfaith dialogue between Christians and Muslims. He and the others “have been chosen because they belong to the city’s minorities,” the Catholic outlet reported.

There have also been reports of acts of solidarity by Muslims toward Christians, with Muslims reportedly giving Christians hijabs, hiding them in their homes, and teaching them Muslim prayers.

Thank God for the brave Muslims that are hiding Christians in this way and at the risk of their very lives. 

7 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

Thank God for the brave Muslims that are hiding Christians in this way and at the risk of their very lives. 

Reminiscent of an incident in Afghanistan where an entire village fought off the Taliban while they attempted to seize an American soldier there.  I think there was a movie made about it as well.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks everyone for your prayers.  The war started last May 23 up to now still ongoing. There are 100 soldiers got injured and more than 100 people die (civilians, soldier and terrorist people) there are people has been hostages by this Mauti Terrorist. I Pray this will be end soon, lots of soldiers have already got sick and tired of none stop fighting.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/06/hundreds-remain-trapped-gunfire-mars-marawi-truce-170604112157963.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Prayed.... Love, Steven

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Badjao33 said:

This is the story that needs to be prioritized rather than the destruction of churches and the killing of Christians by these terrorists. Some of the stories coming out of Marawi have been incredible concerning the Muslims who have put their lives on the line saving Christians since the siege began.  

EDITED for brevity :) 

That is a wonderful post. God bless. Yes, this is something that needs to be prioritized in western media. I haven't heard a peep in broadcast news in the U.S. 

Has anyone here reading heard about this on their American stations in the markets where they live? 

If it was bad news about President Trump it would headline.

But this brave undertaking by Muslims risking their lives to save Christians under siege is back burner? :(  That says a lot for how far this nation has fallen as a people I believe. Because had this been in the 1970's, even the 1980's, I do believe it would have been headline making reporting. 
I think CBN reported this here. "Christian Broadcast News". I'll have to double check that to be sure. But that's still not mainstream media. 

56 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

Has anyone here reading heard about this on their American stations in the markets where they live? 

I have heard absolutely nothing on this from the local media here.  It's actually quite surprising considering the MSM's persistent message regarding Islam being a peaceful religion.  One would think they would be exploiting this story to support that stance.