kenny2212

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Who here knows the preacher Robert Morris? I just watched his sermon about the Great white throne judgement. He said the Great white throne judgement is for only unbelievers. Rev. 20:11-15- Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence,and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small,standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire.The lake of fire is the second death.15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire. 

I don't agree with his view. It says in verse 15- Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

I believe the judgement here is for everyone, "GREAT AND SMALL". Why would the book of life be there if all attendees are unbelievers? I think if one's name is not in the book of life he would then be judged according to his works. Verse 12- The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

believe this judgement is the same one talked about in Matthew 25: 31-46. What do you guys think?

Edited by kenny2212

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

The great white throne judgment is for all of the dead from the beginning of creation .... all of these will be judged and sent to the lake of fire

On 6/7/2017 at 2:14 PM, Daniel 11:36 said:

.... all of these will be judged and sent to the lake of fire

Daniel, you are saying the same thing Robert Morris said. I have just one question- Why would the book of life be used if the judgement is only for unbelievers?

On 6/7/2017 at 2:14 PM, Daniel 11:36 said:

The great white throne judgment is for all of the dead from the beginning of creation .... 

The great white throne judgement is not only for the dead, it's for the living also. Why would God go to great lengths to bring the dead from everywhere and forget the living?

Matt. 25:31-33 - 

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne.32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left

Edited by kenny2212

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

Only in contrast is the book of life used in Revelation 20:11-15

Those of the dead are all humans who have refused to believe from the beginning

These will all be sent to the Lord's lake of fire .... the judgment of the second death

Matthew 25:31-33 involves those of the coming tribulation of which some will escape death and they will enter and populate the Lord's millennial kingdom upon the earth as mortals .... the balance will end up at the second judgment of their spirits in Revelation 20:11-15

This passage of scripture is all about those from the beginning who will be kept for termination of the second death

Edited by Daniel 11:36

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

12 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

Who here knows the preacher Robert Morris? I just watched his sermon about the Great white throne judgement. He said the Great white throne judgement is for only unbelievers. Rev. 20:11-15- Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence,and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small,standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire.The lake of fire is the second death.15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire. 

I don't agree with his view. It says in verse 15- Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

I believe the judgement here is for everyone, "GREAT AND SMALL". Why would the book of life be there if all attendees are unbelievers? I think if one's name is not in the book of life he would then be judged according to his works. Verse 12- The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

believe this judgement is the same one talked about in Matthew 25: 31-46. What do you guys think?

The Bible tells me that there will be three separate judgments. Some people believe that everyone will be judged at the end of the 1000 year millennium.

1. Matthew 25: 31-36 This is the first judgment and takes place at the end of the seven year tribulation. It is the sheep and goats or a judgement of the nations. This determines who will enter the Millennium kingdom.

2. There will be a judgement for all those who are saved and will inherit the Kingdom of God. This is the Judgement seat of Christ or the Bema seat judgement 2 Corinthians 5:10. This possibly would take place at the end of the 1000 year millennium. I could not find a time for this judgement.

3. At the end of the 1000 year millennium the White Throne Judgment will take place. After Satan, the beast and the false prophet  are thrown into the everlasting Lake of Fire Revelation 20:7-10 all those who did not believe in Jesus Christ will be judged. They will all be thrown into the Everlasting Lake of Fire as well.

Revelation 20:12  And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God,[a] and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

You notice that the above mentions books or book. So it looks like there is more than one book opened. Because of the above statement I believe that there will be levels of punishment in hell just as there is levels of rewards for the believers. They will all go to hell and it will be horrible beyond our imagination but with God's mercy and grace this is a possibility.

• Followers:  14
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

I haven't studied much prophecy but it makes sense that there would be only one judgement for all who ever lived. I think they're the same.

Missmuffet, if everyone's christian in the millennium, who will Satan convince to go up with him to fight Jerusalem? I'm afraid you're wrong there, missmuffet. I agree with what you said on the Judgement seat of Christ part. The millennium will not be too different from the way Israel was in old testament days, the difference that will is that Jesus will be here. People in heaven will still be in heaven. The devil will not be able to convince everyone on earth to go up and fight. If everyone is resurrected christian, who will populate the millennium?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, kenny2212 said:

Missmuffet, if everyone's christian in the millennium, who will Satan convince to go up with him to fight Jerusalem? I'm afraid you're wrong there, missmuffet. I agree with what you said on the Judgement seat of Christ part. The millennium will not be too different from the way Israel was in old testament days, the difference that will is that Jesus will be here. People in heaven will still be in heaven. The devil will not be able to convince everyone on earth to go up and fight. If everyone is resurrected christian, who will populate the millennium?

Entering the 1000 year millennium will be mortals. Those who will be allowed to marry and have children. Yes, entering the Millennium will all be Christian but some of those who are born into the Millennium will turn against God and will battle with Satan against God. Of course they will lose.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, kenny2212 said:

If everyone is resurrected christian, who will populate the millennium?

As far as I can tell kenny, that would be this group here.

Revelation 11:13 In the same hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell. In the earthquake seven thousand people were killed, and the rest were afraid and gave glory to the God of heaven.

This is the only place in the entire book of Revelation where anyone turns to the Lord, and it follows the fall of Babylon where the resurrection occurs.

God bless

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Entering the 1000 year millennium will be mortals.

You are contradicting yourself missmuffet. You said the sheep and goat judgement determines who enters the millennium, meaning that only Christians would enter the millennium. There's no judgement before the millenium. This is what happens- satan is bound for 1000 years. The first resurrection happens. There will be both believing and non believing mortals that would enter the millennium.