• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Aryaija

Welcome to Worthy....Great question! Well,first "What is a temptation ,where does it come from?"   Everything begins with a simply thought,the enemy tempts us with a mere thought,an idea that is a lure to bait our carnal desires    "ooh,that cake looks delicious","that male/female is quite attractive","If I lie I can get out of something",."looks good & I can take it with no one knowing","My wife will never know",'If I ,maybe I,I can,.I wont,I ,I ,I I ,.....there is always a conscience decision to make,,,,,a thought process before the action   For example....we do not have to FEEL patient to BE patient.....& it is always by Submitting to God that we can avoid making the wrong decision

James 4:7King James Version (KJV)

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Mot folks say"Resist the devil & he will flee"   Oh ,yes indeed but the struggle between flesh & spirit can be quite difficult unless we are walking in Spirit & in Truth so the first part "Submitting ourselves is key"    THe very moment a tempting "thought" comes to mind we must take it captive and reject it...this is not so difficult when the spirit is fed with Gods Word & we are in an active Relationship with God Almighty in Christ Jesus.....

King James Bible
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
2 Cor 10:5

With the Heart & Mind of Christ we resist the devil                                                                                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 6/7/2017 at 11:16 PM, Aryaija said:

How do you deal with temption?

This is what the Bible says about temptation ..hope that helps?

James 1:13-1

13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. 16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

Luke 22:40

40 On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.”

John 8:6

6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.

Matthew 6:13

13 And lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from the evil one.’

Luke 11:4

4 Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.And lead us not into temptation.’ ”

Luke 4:13

13 When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.

1 Corinthians 7:

2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.

1 Corinthians 10:13

13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Matthew 4:7

7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

Mark 8:11

11 The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven.

Matthew 22:18

18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me?

Proverbs 7:25-26

25 Do not let your heart turn to her ways or stray into her paths. 26Many are the victims she has brought down; her slain are a mighty throng.

James 4:1-4

1 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? 2 You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. 4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

1 Peter 4:12

12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.

2 Peter 2:9

9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

Galatians 4:14

14 and even though my illness was a trial to you, you did not treat me with contempt or scorn. Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel of God, as if I were Christ Jesus himself.

1 Thessalonians 3:5

5 For this reason, when I could stand it no longer, I sent to find out about your faith. I was afraid that in some way the tempter had tempted you and that our labors might have been in vain.

1 Timothy 5:8

8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

1 Timothy 6:9

9 Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.