• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

What's your favorite epistle and why? I'm partial towards Galatians because its Paul defending himself and the gospel and colossians for Paul's description of the absolute God Jesus Christ. Phillipians has some gems to. They all do but if you had to pick one or two as your favorite what would they be?

Guest Judas Machabeus

Why just epistles? I'm partial to Johns gospel because it fills in the gaps of the other three. Than I'd say Acts because we see the birth of Jesus's Church and we see it's first baby steps sorta speak  

As for epistles, not sure..... haven't really been drawn to anyone specific. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, Absolem said:

What's your favorite epistle and why? I'm partial towards Galatians because its Paul defending himself and the gospel and colossians for Paul's description of the absolute God Jesus Christ. Phillipians has some gems to. They all do but if you had to pick one or two as your favorite what would they be?

I love Philippians.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

little children, I write you these things so that you may not violate God’s law and sin.

But if anyone should sin, we have an Advocate (One Who will intercede for us) with the Father—[it is] Jesus Christ [the all] righteous [upright, just, Who conforms to the Father’s will in every purpose, thought, and action].

And now, little children, abide (live, remain [q]permanently) in Him, so that when He is made visible, we may have and enjoy perfect confidence (boldness, assurance) and not be ashamed and shrink from Him at His coming.

If you know (perceive and are sure) that He [Christ]

is [absolutely] righteous [conforming to the Father’s will in purpose, thought, and action],

you may also know (be sure) that

everyone who does righteously [and is therefore in like manner

conformed to the divine will] is born (begotten) of Him [[r]God].

52 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Why just epistles? I'm partial to Johns gospel because it fills in the gaps of the other three. Than I'd say Acts because we see the birth of Jesus's Church and we see it's first baby steps sorta speak  

As for epistles, not sure..... haven't really been drawn to anyone specific. 

I always try to stay I'm the gospels. In Luke now. Acts is cool cause it shows a lot of Paul's work.

What about romans? First two chapters have the best descriptions of sinful man IMO. Then goes into faith apart from the law. There's a lot of meat in it. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Romans and Ephesians.   They are very different.  Romans is logically developed, showing the need of all mankind for God's forgiveness.  Salvation is the unmerited gift from God.  It shows how all fail, and that that only by focusing on heavenly spiritual things can we walk in the Spirit and fulfill the law of Christ.  Nothing shall ever separate us from God's love.  

Ephesians is very spiritual, showing first our spiritual blessings that all who are in Christ are promised and even have now.  It further encourages us to ever increasingly come to know God's love.  Then it urges us to live in His love and forbearance.  It ends by encouraging us to stand agains the enemy.  We can only walk the walk and take the stand because of our position of being in Christ.  

10 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

I love Philippians.

For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

8 minutes ago, Willa said:

Romans and Ephesians.   They are very different.  Romans is logically developed, showing the need of all mankind for God's forgiveness.  Salvation is the unmerited gift from God.  It shows how all fail, and that that only by focusing on heavenly spiritual things can we walk in the Spirit and fulfill the law of Christ.  Nothing shall ever separate us from God's love.  

Ephesians is very spiritual, showing first our spiritual blessings that all who are in Christ are promised and even have now.  It further encourages us to ever increasingly come to know God's love.  Then it urges us to live in His love and forbearance.  It ends by encouraging us to stand agains the enemy.  We can only walk the walk and take the stand because of our position of being in Christ.  

Ephesians is a great church epistle. Has the armor of God verses if I'm not mistaken.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, Absolem said:

For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, according to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Amen, chapter 4 has some of my very favorite passages.

Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Just now, wingnut- said:

Amen, chapter 4 has some of my very favorite passages.

Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Amen