• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Davida said:

No that is wrong , hypocrisy does not bring forth" good" fruit. That is a twisting & misrepresentation of that very scripture that says Only a good tree can bring forth good fruit.

Matt 7:18 " 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.…"

What you claim is the exact Opposite of what the Bible scripture teaches.  It is blasphemy to say of the Lord Jesus Christ who is perfect and righteous in every way that  " the Lord Jesus loves hypocrisy and pretension." 

Mark 7:6  "He replied, Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."

2 Timothy 2:19
"Nevertheless, God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord must turn away from iniquity."

1 Tim 4:
"1But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron,"

Mark 7:6 "He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."

Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord!’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father in heaven. On that day many will say to Me, Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in Your name, drive out demons in Your name, and do many miracles in Your name?’ Then I will announce to them, I never knew you! Depart from Me, you lawbreakers!’

2 Cor 2:17 "For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ."

2 Corinthians 4:2
"Instead, we have renounced secret and shameful ways. We do not practice deceit, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by open proclamation of the truth, we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God."

2 Corinthians 6:7
"in truthful speech and in the power of God; with the weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left;"

I know those Scriptures very well, and they have nothing to do with me. 

They don't profile me. They have nothing to do with me, see that you are not burking at the wrong tree. 

I looked forwards to something from the Bible with context, so the context can shine the light in what we discuss. 

If you have something an event that is in the Bible, relevant to the issues at hand, please bring it forth, so we can be bless. 

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Davida said:

No that is wrong , hypocrisy does not bring forth" good" fruit. That is a twisting & misrepresentation of that very scripture that says Only a good tree can bring forth good fruit.

Matt 7:18 " 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.…"

What you claim is the exact Opposite of what the Bible scripture teaches.  It is blasphemy to say of the Lord Jesus Christ who is perfect and righteous in every way that  " the Lord Jesus loves hypocrisy and pretension." 

Mark 7:6  "He replied, Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."

2 Timothy 2:19
"Nevertheless, God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord must turn away from iniquity."

1 Tim 4:
"1But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron,"

Mark 7:6 "He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."

Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord!’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father in heaven. On that day many will say to Me, Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in Your name, drive out demons in Your name, and do many miracles in Your name?’ Then I will announce to them, I never knew you! Depart from Me, you lawbreakers!’

2 Cor 2:17 "For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ."

2 Corinthians 4:2
"Instead, we have renounced secret and shameful ways. We do not practice deceit, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by open proclamation of the truth, we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God."

2 Corinthians 6:7
"in truthful speech and in the power of God; with the weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left;"

:emot-heartbeat:  Scripture always says it best. :)

7 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

:emot-heartbeat:  Scripture always says it best. :)

The Bible has Scriptures and the scriptures have context and context has events that took place over a period of time.

Call upon the events and their context and the light will shine. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

14 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Like Jesus said, if they cannot take criticism, just pretend, a little bit hipocricy reaps good rewards. 

JESUS loves hipocricy, not the bad one, hope you are not misread the above comment, within the correct context. Hipocricy is a much learn skill, and has its place and brings peace and builds self esteem. Many families have ended in divorce because of been unskilful in been pretentious, and  pleases people. And can advance a promotion at work. 

Whatever you ( Your closest friendnt ) had intended for your post to mean and say. . . did not come across as something brilliant and dazzling or even witty. It is a misrepresentation of scripture and of Jesus. It is extremely tacky and offensive statement on your part. 

1 Corinthians 2:1 ( ESV )

And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom.

I am not questioning your good intent to defend, this is about apologetics, and it is not about scriptures going back and forth. 

I said I have a lot of events from the Bible with their context, and show the good fruit of people using "questionable" methods, methods that may not be seeing as "Christian", but they brought forth good fruit and they were in the WIIL of God. 

Are you willing to examine them,? 

Are you ready in case someone else ask you questions about those events with a sinsired heart, are you ready? 

That's the point of the issues, do you want to discuss them "the events in the Bible". 

8 minutes ago, giggling appy said:

Whatever you ( Your closest friendnt ) had intended for your post to mean and say. . . did not come across as something brilliant and dazzling or even witty. It is a misrepresentation of scripture and of Jesus. It is extremely tacky and offensive statement on your part. 

1 Corinthians 2:1 ( ESV )

And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom.

Hello GA, you seem someone not quick "to shed blood",(idiom, means to not judge too quickly). 

Here are some of those events that are found in the Bible, some from the OT, and some from the NT. 

Rahab, who was a Caanite from Jerico.

We know what she did it can not be seen as "Christian", according to the scriptures our sister has posted, from the NT . 

She betrayed her own people, and she pretend she was one of them, and she was, but her hart was not, and they can not see her heart, and they were deceived.

Yet look at the fruit and see if it was in the will of God. 

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

38 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

The Bible has Scriptures and the scriptures have context and context has events that took place over a period of time.

Call upon the events and their context and the light will shine. 

What context do you see that does not apply?  Is there a scripture anywhere that casts hypocrisy in a good light?

We have Deborah, what she did it can not be seen as something we as "Christians", we will be willing to do. 

But she did and she promised protection, but her heart was set to bring the opposite than what she had promised to the king, but the King believe her, because he had a need, and he could not see in her heart. 

His need made him trust her, he decided in a hurry. 

But look at the fruit that her actions brought forwards, and see that she was in the will of God. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1Pe 3:15  AMP  But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully. [Isa 8:12-13]

The defense spoken of here is called apologetics.  It is expected of us to give a defense for our faith.  But this is also a part of spiritual warfare and bringing every though into captivity to the Gospel, both ours and theirs.  We are to do this with patience and courteous respect for God's opponents, knowing that Christ also died for them and loves them, willing that they too come to repentance and faith.

Rom 12:9  Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor that which is evil. Cling to that which is good. Rom 12:10  In love of the brothers be tenderly affectionate to one another; in honor preferring one another;

14 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hello Neighbor, I would like to invite you to a debate. 

I am just kidding. 

There is no place for debates in a church environment, and there is no place also for examining the speaker, unless you ready for your exit from that church. 

Like Paul said give them what they ask, good complements, not because you agree with the speaker, just considering the time they have invested, their good intentions, the effort and their own motivation. 

Just make them happy, if not they are going to hurt you, they are easily offended, and hold a grudge, just give them your tithes, and make sure you mark your name. 

And if you meet them outside the church , be always polite, and cheerful, thank you for your subject. 

Like Jesus said, if they cannot take criticism, just pretend, a little bit hipocricy reaps good rewards. 

JESUS loves hipocricy, not the bad one, hope you are not misread the above comment, within the correct context. Hipocricy is a much learn skill, and has its place and brings peace and builds self esteem. Many families have ended in divorce because of been unskilful in been pretentious, and  pleases people. And can advance a promotion at work. 

Apologetics is expected of us as Christians.  I don't believe any of us is expected to be a hypocrite.  We are to be genuine in all things, to be humble and forbearing.  Most of us need to grow in those things.  

Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Look at the Angel Gabriel, what he said to Marry, and how Marry and Joseph kept the Secret safe with them, when they were asked about who is the Father of their son. 

Look at what they teach JESUS when he was young that Joseph was his Father, and later at when JESUS was twelve years old, and he told his parents that he knows that Joseph is not his Father, 

Look at the parents reply: 

Out of nessesity, out of the need when they were undercover, and they had to keep secrets, till the time comes to maturity. The appointed time.