IGNORED

What is a Christ? How many are there?

Retrobyter

21 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Just because you disagree does not mean you are not wrong.  You are wrong.

Why dont you go back to your thread and reason it out then? If you are right,you should be able to prove it with scripture!

There are those who replied to your OP and you havent responded to them. You going to ignore them?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

21 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Why dont you go back to your thread and reason it out then? If you are right,you should be able to prove it with scripture!

There are those who replied to your OP and you havent responded to them. You going to ignore them?

What's the name of the thread?

On 6/9/2017 at 4:07 PM, Retrobyter said:

This is more of a probe into how people feel about the word "Christ." What does the word mean to you? How many "Christs" were/are there?

You trying to draw out the wolves? Because you can clearly see some think they are little christs.

There is one LORD whose name is Jesus Christ.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Denadii said:

You do not correct, You attack. You're caustic, You lash out and there is no love at all in your manner.  Yet you're the first to complain about being insulted.   That's a skill I do not possess. That's why I was asking how you manage it

Whine, whine, whine.

25 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Whine, whine, whine.

So then  When are you people going to stop whining?

10 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

Right after you.

I don't thinks so.....You were whining and taking offense when I got here.   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

8 hours ago, Denadii said:

Yet the bible says we are coheirs with Jesus,  Everything He has, we have too.   The bible says we are adopted by God, that makes Jesus our adoptive brother....

Yes, we are joint heirs with Jesus but it does not mean we have the same measure of anointing he had when he was on earth - that is because his mission was different and still is different to ours.  Jesus was the Word of God before he came to dwell among us.  We can do what he did on earth and greater works because his Spirit dwells in us but our anointing is not without measure.  Among several things that we cannot do is die on the cross for the sins of the World.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I hope some of us have not forgotten this verse in the Scripture.

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." Colossians 4:6.

I believe it would be a good idea that we continue to remember this verse even when tempted to trade blow for blow with our family members, knowing fully well it is not spiritually edifying to anyone.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,582
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 9/17/2017 at 8:49 PM, Denadii said:

LOL  Tricky question.  Its one that is sure to start another fight.   As somebody on this thread said.  'The word Christ means Anointed'  Jesus Christ (the anointed one, and his anointing)   

Now the fighting words.  Namely....'We are anointed with the same anointing that Jesus is anointed with.'

Before the fur flies....What does anointing mean?   Anointing means 'Authorized...sent'     So....The Father sent Jesus, Jesus trains us and sends us.  We also are the anointed.  Therefore one could say that we are christs.   

Let the fight begin...I'm done

Shalom, Denadii.

Sorry this is so late. Unless someone quotes me, I don't get a message that one has posted in this thread.

Yeah, I can see why you might think that "Anointing means 'Authorized...sent'," but it is "apostle" (Greek: apostolos) that means a "sent one." An "anointed one" is one who has been "rubbed" with oil (or with the Ruwach haQodesh, the Holy Spirit, of God whom the oil represents). Yes, it does imply God's special selection, and it is therefore God's authorization on that person's purpose.

And, you are still right that Yeshua` was SENT by the Father, for the Scriptures call Him an "Apostle":

Hebrews 3:1-2
1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
2 Who was faithful to him that appointed (Greek: poieesanti = "made") him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.
KJV

(Note: the word "christos" is not there in verse 1 except in some of the Textus Receptus Greek versions.)

We also may be sent to perform certain tasks for God, and can therefore be called "sent ones" (Greek: apostoloi), but that's not what makes us "anointed ones." However, if we have received God's Ruwach haQodesh, God's Holy Spirit, then we, too, have also been "anointed."

Based on my Baptist up-bringing, I would say that "apostles" simply means "missionaries."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

On 9/17/2017 at 8:49 PM, Denadii said:

LOL  Tricky question.  Its one that is sure to start another fight.   As somebody on this thread said.  'The word Christ means Anointed'  Jesus Christ (the anointed one, and his anointing)   

Now the fighting words.  Namely....'We are anointed with the same anointing that Jesus is anointed with.'

Before the fur flies....What does anointing mean?   Anointing means 'Authorized...sent'     So....The Father sent Jesus, Jesus trains us and sends us.  We also are the anointed.  Therefore one could say that we are christs.   

Let the fight begin...I'm done

17 hours ago, Denadii said:

You need to lay foolish and empty strife aside, and dig into the Word.  You might just learn something.

For comments like these, Denadii has been removed from this thread.  Personal attacks and even setting up a stage for a fight are against the TOS.