IGNORED

No Bible basis for a 70 week period at the end of time or a "70th" week at the end of time

BobRyan

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

The 70th week  is yet to take place .... and it will

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

The 70 weeks of Daniel 9 (490 years) pointed to the first coming of Christ - that already happened. Irrefutable.

the 70 years of Jeremiah mentioned in Daniel 9:1-5 - pointed to the release of the Jews from Babylon - already happened. Irrefutable.

All Bible timelines are contiguous - that is to say - they cannot be sliced and diced having bits of them scattered all over human history. Irrefutable.

Daniel 9 uses "day for year symbolism" as do all apocalyptic time lines.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

On 6/19/2017 at 7:55 AM, BobRyan said:

1. No reference to "70th week of Daniel starting" in the entire book of Revelation

2. The 1/2 hour = 7 days requires the use of day-for-year to get 1/2 hour to be 7 days. That would "already be" the day-for-year expansion. Doing it "again" with the same time span -- is never indicated in all of scripture. So no "well 1/2 hour would be 7 days and 7 days would be 7 years" that would be recursive and no Bible model supports such a thing.

John tells us that the city will be trampled for 42 months. There is no need to attempt to convert this to any other time: it is 42 months.

If we take a seven year period of 360 days years (the bible way of prophecy) we get 2520 days. If we divide this by 30 days in a month we get 84 months for the entire 7 years. If we divide this by 2, we get 42 months or the period of half the seven years. John wrote that the city would be trampled for 42 months or we could say for the last half of the 70th week.

If we divide the 2520 in half for half the 7 years or half of the 2520 days, we get 1260 days.

How amazing then that in 11:3 John tells us the two witnesses will testify for exactly 1260 days. And in 12:6 we see that those living in Judea flee will flee for 1260 days. Later on in chapter 12 John tells us that the woman who flees will be protected and fed for time, times and half of time, which is 3 1/2 years. Now we have 4 instances of John telling us the time of the last half of the week.

In chapter 13 John wrote that the Beast would have 42 months of authority. What we have here is five different scriptures mentioning a 3  1/2 year period of time, which is half of the 7 years of Daniel's 70th week.

Therefore most readers will  dismiss your post as myth. Most readers will know John is writing of the last half of the 70th week - not once, not twice, but FIVE DIFFERENT TIMES. And then Daniel mentions the last half of the week two more times.  We have then 7 times God mentions the last half of the week.

I should make a note here: it is absolutely impossible to divide a whole into halves without first having a whole at the point in time of the division. In other words, for John to give us these five instances of the last half of the week, then at the moment the man of sin enters the temple and declares he is god (the point in time where the week is divided), there must be an entire week right that at that point in time.

One day when I was just minding my own business, reading in Daniel 9:27, specifically about the abomination event that will happen in the "midst" of the week, the word of the Lord came to me. I heard these words: "You could find the exact midpoint clearly marked in the book of Revelation."

It was as though I was a bystander, unable to speak. But my spirit man answered: "How would I find that?"

The Holy Spirit answered, "every time I mentioned an event that would start at the midpoint, and go to the end of the week, I always  included the 3 1/2 year period of time. When you find the mentions of the 3 1/2 years, you will be very close to the exact midpoint. "

Of course Jesus would not tell me to find something that was not there. The truth is, the 70th week IS there. However, a casual reader may not see it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

"Therefore most readers will  dismiss your post as myth"

The 70th week has never taken place .... but it will just as the Bible tells

The Lord was cut off at then ending of the 69th week to include 483 years finished of the total 490 years decreed

Then the Gospel was given to the Gentiles and no prophecies are recorded for the time

.... but once the Lord is finished with the last 2000 plus years of His age of grace, He will bring the 70th week

You need to study your Bible and stop dabbling in your myth

2 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

Yes it has. The 70 weeks of Daniel 9 point to the first coming of Christ...

He already came just as predicted in the 70 weeks -- 490 year timeline.

4 hours ago, iamlamad said:

John tells us that the city will be trampled for 42 months. There is no need to attempt to convert this to any other time: it is 42 months.

If we take a seven year period of 360 days years (the bible way of prophecy) we get 2520 days. If we divide this by 30 days in a month we get 84 months for the entire 7 years. If we divide this by 2....

The more gyrations needed - the less likely it is true.

Why not just accept it as it reads? With a simple "day for year" model that has already been spelled out for us in the case of the first coming of Christ and the 490 year timeline of Daniel 9.

3 hours ago, BobRyan said:

The more gyrations needed - the less likely it is true.

Why not just accept it as it reads? With a simple "day for year" model that has already been spelled out for us in the case of the first coming of Christ and the 490 year timeline of Daniel 9.

What can be simpler than just believing John when he tells us the city will be trampled for 42 months, the two witnesses will testify for 1260 days, those living in Judea will flee for 1260 days, etc. All these are the timing for the last half of the week.

3 hours ago, BobRyan said:

Yes it has. The 70 weeks of Daniel 9 point to the first coming of Christ...

He already came just as predicted in the 70 weeks -- 490 year timeline.

Sorry, but Daniel separated the 70th week from the 69. Why? Because God knew there would be a huge block of time between. The five mentions of the last 3 1/2 years in Revelation prove this.

Edited by iamlamad

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

So . . . you can adequately explain how and when all the prophecies that point to this period in Revelation have already been fulfilled?

The actual term of "week" is never used in Daniel 9.  That is simply the way the word  is translated in some translations.    The "seven" can be referred to as a day, a week or a year depending on the context.  We know, from the part of prophecy in Daniel 9 that has already been fulfilled that it means weeks of years, and we also know, without a doubt that 7 of those "weeks" have not occurred yet.  You would have to do some pretty wild "gyrations" yourself to try and display that those 7 years have already passed.

Good post! Have you noticed that no one has every given a date in history for any of the trumpet judgments?

6 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

"Therefore most readers will  dismiss your post as myth"

The Lord was cut off at then ending of the 69th week to include 483 years finished of the total 490 years decreed

Then the Gospel was given to the Gentiles and no prophecies are recorded for the time

.... but once the Lord is finished with the last 2000 plus years of His age of grace, He will bring the 70th week

You need to study your Bible and stop dabbling in your myth

I think you misunderstood. I said "myth" about BobRyan's post:  " 1. No reference to "70th week of Daniel starting" in the entire book of Revelation" as I pointed out that John includes five different mentions of the last 3 1/2 years of Daniel's 70th week in Revelation. In fact, I agree 100 % with your above post.