• Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,800
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is definitely in violation of following God's Word

1 Thessalonians 5:22 (KJV)

[22] Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Titus 2:6 (KJV)

[6] Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.

[7] In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,

[8] Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

[9] Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;

[10] Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

[11] For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

[12] Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

[13] Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 6/11/2017 at 1:07 PM, creativemechanic said:

Have you ever gauged the reactions of Christians  vs the unsaved in differing situations? It's pretty amazing/ amusing but it also helps to really show the difference that the Holy Spirit makes in a persons life.

I was once told a story by a friend and it interested me so I asked people about their opinions on it at the results were amusing.

Scenario-My friend went on a date  with a lady and they had to go somewhere else. They stop at her home for her to shower and he pointed out she was walking through the house  in a towel in full view of him.

I asked some Christians and unsaved what they thought about the situation (not calling names of course.). Check the results

Christian  women-No way. That's inappropriate. One lady even pointed out she doesn't even do that in front of her father.

Unsaved women-So what's wrong with that? One said she has no problem going outside   in a towel and another  pointed out that this is why im single because of these foolish standards.

It's just amazing and it also shows the value of a woman with  godly principles 

It was an interesting experiment but why didn't you also ask men? So let's do that here.

When I was younger, I would have liked it even though I knew it was sin. Now I'm older and I think I've grown in the Lord (I hope). Now I would look away and possibly tell the woman to go put some clothes on. Whether I say that or not is dependent on how well I know her. But I'd still look away. 

What about you other men?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,800
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I would step out till she was dressed....

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

What I want to know is why would any one stop off at home while on a date and take a shower? If I got that dirty on a date I would say "well date is over now I need to go home." :shower:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Love God.  Love neighbor as self.

My opinion is my problem. It came from the fruit forbidden.

Open + ion = opinion

Close = clothes

When Adam and Eve had the Eyes of the Understamding opened, they began both having an opinion AND needing clothes to cover their nakedness.

What an individual would need to do to have a good conscience toward both God and man in the situation would depend upon their knowledge of God.  If our eyes be closed, the eyes of our own understanding and the Spirit of Christ be our guide then we shall act appropriately. For there is no law that can be written that would make a person righteous if they followed it.  Ecclesiastes teaches their is a time for everything under the sun.

Guest BacKaran

Have you ever gauged the reactions of Christians  vs the unsaved in differing situations? It's pretty amazing/ amusing but it also helps to really show the difference that the Holy Spirit makes in a persons life.

i was comparing Larry's response to his wife's death and mine. Unsaved vs saved. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Davida said:

Well, of course you would not parade around immodestly in front of your father or brothers.  Obviously in your story , there was some seduction going on there, some women are very manipulative & feel power if they can get men to look at them sexually - not much of an accomplishment if you ask me. It is not the choice a Christian woman would do. I also wonder why a Christian man would date someone who is unsaved? he is only asking for trouble.

To be honest, i knew both of them. She is a professed christian christian. But she may have been seducing him she may just not seen anything wrong with what she did. Some people are open like that

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

That's not 'open'.  Trust me.

what'd you call it then

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

34 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

But she may have been seducing him she may just not seen anything wrong with what she did.

:mellow:

Seriously, I believe that is completely unnecessary and irresponsible. A practice that is common among people in the world.

"Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past,
that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." - Galatians 5:19-21

"For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh,
but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit." - Romans 8:5

Thing is you never can really tell- I once had a woman agressively pursue me and would ask me to do stuff like pull in her belt tab (while surrounded by women), even pushed her  very large bust up on me from behind but I dunno if it was accidental