An interesting experiment I did

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

Have you ever gauged the reactions of Christians  vs the unsaved in differing situations? It's pretty amazing/ amusing but it also helps to really show the difference that the Holy Spirit makes in a persons life.

I was once told a story by a friend and it interested me so I asked people about their opinions on it at the results were amusing.

Scenario-My friend went on a date  with a lady and they had to go somewhere else. They stop at her home for her to shower and he pointed out she was walking through the house  in a towel in full view of him.

I asked some Christians and unsaved what they thought about the situation (not calling names of course.). Check the results

Christian  women-No way. That's inappropriate. One lady even pointed out she doesn't even do that in front of her father.

Unsaved women-So what's wrong with that? One said she has no problem going outside   in a towel and another  pointed out that this is why im single because of these foolish standards.

It's just amazing and it also shows the value of a woman with  godly principles 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

8 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Have you ever gauged the reactions of Christians  vs the unsaved in differing situations? It's pretty amazing/ amusing but it also helps to really show the difference that the Holy Spirit makes in a persons life.

I was once told a story by a friend and it interested me so I asked people about their opinions on it at the results were amusing.

Scenario-My friend went on a date  with a lady and they had to go somewhere else. They stop at her home for her to shower and he pointed out she was walking through the house  in a towel in full view of him.

I asked some Christians and unsaved what they thought about the situation (not calling names of course.). Check the results

Christian  women-No way. That's inappropriate. One lady even pointed out she doesn't even do that in front of her father.

Unsaved women-So what's wrong with that? One said she has no problem going outside   in a towel and another  pointed out that this is why im single because of these foolish standards.

It's just amazing and it also shows the value of a woman with  godly principles 

You did not say if your friend or his date were born again Christians. It would make a huge difference on how this shower situation would have been approached. Morals and values would differ considerably.

Exactly. He is a Christian.  She professed but backslid

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I would say that turn out to be a very interesting date. :D

(im sure i will have more to add to this later) 

Guest BacKaran

My friend Jackie passed away on Saturday from cancer. Larry her hubby is not a believer and both were in denial about her cancer.

I heard the sirens and was the first person there besides the cops and emts. They live down the street from me.

Larry was absolutely lost. His sister came and he had no funeral plans. They just got registered for hospice care the day before.

Jackie passed in the early morning and I spoke to her and to myself as I touched her arm. She was such a trooper but still in denial.

I witnessed to Larry's brothers and sisters and the officer who stayed until the funeral home came.

Larry said how did you know to come? Did I call you, text you? I said I just knew... He said it must be a miracle but her insisted he must have called me. I said Larry, I heard the sirens and they are some enemy couples who live near you but I knew it was Jackie. It's a God thing. She's been so sick....

His family aren't touchy feely people like me and one sister said as I was hugging Larry a couple of times, he really needs his... His...I knew she wanted to say space.

I stayed for an hour and suggested a funeral home, called his work supervisor as Larry worked with my hubby years ago...

Later going to the store I called to see if Larry needed anything from the store. By then he'd already been drinking and his brother was taking him out to eat.

Sunday he and his sister stopped by my house and again, Larry was very drunk. 

Larry asked how can you be so cheery even after Mike died? I said, it's all God, Larry, all God.

Pray that Jesus removes the doubt, unbelief and rebellion from Larry and their families.

I'm sad myself even more as I don't think she was saved but only God knows her last moments...

Amen.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Was it Billy Graham that would not even get in an elevator alone with any other woman than his wife.

Just to make sure nothing could be said or even perceived. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Mike 2 said:

Was it Billy Graham that would not even get in an elevator alone with any other woman than his wife.

Just to make sure nothing could be said or even perceived. 

Look online and see.  (i.e. search with a few key words, like revealed, truth exposed, etc )

If you did happen to follow him or trusted him,  be prepared for the biggest surprise of your life though.

(we cannot pursue this derail in this forum though, either)

Graham and his team decided not to ever be alone with a woman not their wife in a room. Makes so much sense.

People can and will try anything.  In A Christian dating  book i have   the author said a man told her he went on a date with a Christian lady,she was even a  Sunday school teacher. They stop at her house  before going somewhere else and she goes to the bathroom. She then  pops out in lingerie  ready for action.  :(

4 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Graham and his team decided not to ever be alone with a woman not their wife in a room. Makes so much sense.

People can and will try anything.  In A Christian dating  book i have   the author said a man told her he went on a date with a Christian lady,she was even a  Sunday school teacher. They stop at her house  before going somewhere else and she goes to the bathroom. She then  pops out in lingerie  ready for action.  :(

Well you just never know do ya! 

On 6/11/2017 at 3:05 PM, creativemechanic said:

Exactly. He is a Christian.  She professed but backslid

Maybe she felt safe around him since he was a Christian?