IGNORED

Dear Conservative Evangelical Christian, Is This The Darkness You’ve Become?

nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

11 hours ago, Davida said:

Several? that is pretty broad spectrum , do you take issue with the many of the core fundamental Evangelical beliefs? For example , are you in favor of women Pastors & deacons ? Do you agree with feminism?  that would cause some personal conflict & resentment. If you disagree with the basic tenets they follow then you can always become a Lutheran or what have you, that is up to you.  Some times an individuals issues with a Church are partly their own as much as it is the particular denomination, but they want to "reform" the church to fit their personal preferences.

No, I'm talking about being so focused on Evangelism! Evangelism! Evangelism! that the importance of discipleship is neglected. I'm talking about obsessing over "right thinking" and neglecting "right doing" - note that I'm not talking about salvation, but simply Christian living. I'm talking about preaching principles and throwing out a verse or two to back up your principle, yet the verse is taking a significant liberty apart from the context of the paragraph from which the sentence or phrase was taken. Things like that.

On 6/17/2017 at 7:41 PM, Davida said:

But still this has to do with specific churches you have attended .  You cannot speak for all of them.

You say that as if "church" is the only exposure I've had. But I've been listening to TV and radio preachers since the 70's; been to Christian camps; been following and interacting with several ministries; etc.,etc., etc.

I am betting there were Chirstians in the Church of Ephesus with all their accolades who had a hard time accepting there was anything wrong with them as well.