• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I watch the 700 Club and I just heard some great information. They showed some of the latest technology and weapons we have. I was surprised to see it on the 700 Club but usually you see this on "60 Minutes" or maybe the History channel. They showed a remote controlled robot that can disarm a bomb or go into an Isis stronghold instead of sending a man in. I knew we were working on these things but I didn't know we can use them already. It's nice to know they're ready for use. Where I live the 700 Club was on at 9 am on ch 9 but other channels will show it tonight. And later today or tomorrow you can always see this at cbn.com and then click on the episode for June 13th. I know many of you don't like the show but this segment is worth seeing. They also showed a rifle that's like something out of a video game but it's real. All these things should lower our casualties. Trump did promise to wipe Isis out, not just push them back as Obama did. Apparently he's carrying out that promise. I would have preferred it if we didn't have to do this but I don't want to wait until what has happened in Europe happens here all the time. The segment about the robot is in the first 15 minutes so you don't have to watch it all.

I hate war and I always want peace. But Isis is not going to let us have peace. Let us all pray for our men and women in this conflict.  

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Warfare has certainly changed since WWII, Korea, Vietnam or even since my US Navy days in the 70s.  Robots and drones, where they are available and appropriate for dangerous missions, have certainly reduced the human cost of sending soldiers, instead.

So far it seems the technology is being used by developed nations.  If it is available or being used at all by ISIS, I haven't heard about it. (They still have humans willing to serve as suicide bombers, I suppose). If the day comes however where ISIS is using drones or robots then it will be a whole different ball game.

The thing is ISIS is an evil ideology.  Wars cannot wipe out ideologies. Although not in a huge scale, Nazism and Fascism still do exist, despite WWII.

Civilized nations can and should fight ISIS with every means possible, but we Christians need to remember only Christ can change hearts and minds. ISIS is just the most current iteration of evil straight from the evil one.

It is a spiritual battle more than even a physical one.  Ultimate victory will only occur in the spiritual realm.

Blessings,

-Ed

We're using those robots I saw. I'm been going to oneplace.com and listening to a Dr. John Ankerberg show. He did a 3 part series about how Jesus has been appearing to thousands of Muslims in dreams. Many are now Christians but they have to stay hidden. Many who didn't were killed by other Muslims. I also heard our troops ran into a group of Isis fighters who used children as shields. That almost makes the Nazis look humane, which they weren't. Vietnam was terrible bc our guys weren't used to jungles. But what do you do when cowards with guns are hiding behind little kids. This is what are troops are up against. It's horrible, but like with Hitler, we fight them there or wait until they get here.

Unless Ankerberg is a liar Jesus is there in spirit form. I never heard Ankerberg before but I'm still new to oneplace.

I made a few errors in the 1st post of this thread. I re-watched the episode and I don't think those new weapons are quite ready just yet. I'm not sure. But they're almost ready for use. Further, I think it was Israeli soldiers who ran into Isis fighters who were using children as shields . I apologize for being wrong. I was just excited that we might have machines that could go into harms way first, before the human troops do.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/13/2017 at 3:16 PM, JTC said:

I watch the 700 Club and I just heard some great information. They showed some of the latest technology and weapons we have. I was surprised to see it on the 700 Club but usually you see this on "60 Minutes" or maybe the History channel. They showed a remote controlled robot that can disarm a bomb or go into an Isis stronghold instead of sending a man in. I knew we were working on these things but I didn't know we can use them already. It's nice to know they're ready for use. Where I live the 700 Club was on at 9 am on ch 9 but other channels will show it tonight. And later today or tomorrow you can always see this at cbn.com and then click on the episode for June 13th. I know many of you don't like the show but this segment is worth seeing. They also showed a rifle that's like something out of a video game but it's real. All these things should lower our casualties. Trump did promise to wipe Isis out, not just push them back as Obama did. Apparently he's carrying out that promise. I would have preferred it if we didn't have to do this but I don't want to wait until what has happened in Europe happens here all the time. The segment about the robot is in the first 15 minutes so you don't have to watch it all.

I hate war and I always want peace. But Isis is not going to let us have peace. Let us all pray for our men and women in this conflict.  

Wars are won or lost inside of people's heads; how we think, for what we believe effect our future actions and how we think is the motivation and the strength of commitment, which we also have to our physically fighting our enemies. Sadly, due to the influence of Cultural Marxism (known as Political Correctness), here in the UK, most people have no overriding life aims or purposes, and have never taken the trouble to think anything through, most people are brain dead and never think outside the Politically Correct box. Sadly, Islam will take over the UK and much of Europe, as they are passionate for their (ridiculous and false) beliefs, but with so many native Europeans never having thought anything through, and being too cowardly to take a stand on anything of a moral nature, other than their never challenging the Cultural Marxist lies (such as Islam being a religion of peace). No matter our technological superiority, as a society we are doomed in the long run, and we are certain in the end over 30-40-50 years to eventually lose any war against Islam due to the enemy within.

So why join the UK military forces today and fight against ISIS, when in 30-40-50 years time the Muslims will run this country and will punish all those soldiers who once fought in the past against Islam (unless they convert to Islam, which is the obvious destination for many of the Royals and ruling elites when they see the writing on the wall). British politicians have a reputation for selling out to our enemies, and punishing our own soldiers (i.e the sell out to the IRA and the recent prosecution of British soldiers for past actions, whilst the British government has given amnesty to former IRA terrorists). Also why would I as a non-gay white man, wish to fight for the UK in any future war, when under British law I am currently a second class citizen to a political alliance of gays, lesbians, Muslims and leftist feminists, who under the law, in court  and in daily activities are always going to be preferred to me. Why should I risk or give my life for a nation which desires to make me a second class citizen under the law? Poligamy is a crime in the UK, and I'd go to prison for that - unless I converted to Islam. Feminists and women are not equal under the law, the british courts always favour women over men, so why would i want to fight for a country to maintain that injustice? etc.