Blessings Everyone!

This is a photo sharing Thread,please no  cartoons or zany signage,lets keep it PERSONAL......things that you like,if its flowers,the sky,your pets,whatever you want to share just because "I love you"................Praise Jesus

Well,I love to show off my little Graycie ...here she is ,really getting good at walking on the leash :emot-heartbeat:

Bow.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 3

50 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Everyone!

This is a photo sharing Thread,please no  cartoons or zany signage,lets keep it PERSONAL......things that you like,if its flowers,the sky,your pets,whatever you want to share just because "I love you"................Praise Jesus

Well,I love to show off my little Graycie ...here she is ,really getting good at walking on the leash :emot-heartbeat:

Bow.jpg

Kwik, this is an adorable picture :) 

Thanks Sister

Of course I think so,lol    You see,I have a 17 yr old furry best friend named Cheech,its been pretty difficult ,he developed diabetes a few yrs ago & has some serious kidney problems....I couldn't even bear the thought of losing him & then I can't imagine I would get another cat in the event of his passing.....he could never 'replaced"

Anyway,I thought it be a good idea to adopt this lil  feral kitty that no one wanted......she is a complete Joy by the GRACE of God.....& so she is "Graycie"

This is Cheech,see little one in the background?lol

Cheech zebra.jpg

• Loved it! 2

I was wondering who was going to start this thread, knew someone would!

Well, now that it is here. I have a few cats. According to Mark Driscoll I think it was, that means I am not a man.

I think it was Willa, who asked to see my cats, I will use this for that purpose!

underfoot.jpg

Underfoot in 2009

Underfoot came to hang around my home, in 2008. Not sure why, other than the fact that he is just a friendly cat. Not sure if he was abandoned or what, but he hung out here. No one in the neighborhood, knows of his origins, but they had seen him around some. There are only 6 homes on my block, and only 21 homes in the neighborhood.

My current theory about how he came to be here, is that he was someone's pet, somewhere, and he did something like hop into someone's car, or the back of a pickup truck, a gardener's trailer, or something like that. Then took an unplanned ride and got out here. He does do that a lot, hop into vehicles that he has not been invited into, as I said, he is friendly. Possible, he was dropped off into the neighborhood and abandoned, by someone who could not longer keep him. I tend not to think so, since I don't think he would be that hard to find a home for.

He is also curious, not unusual for cats I guess. He has been locked in several neighborhood garages over the years, and entered homes unnoticed. I suspect, this behavior will be the death of him someday, after all, curiosity killed the cat.

I am not a cat person by nature, I do not gravitate to them, and I had no particular liking of them. This is not helped, by the fact that I am allergic to cats. However, I do like animals in general, and have some compassion for them.

I live in a desert, and it can be hot and dry in the summer. It was late spring, when Underfoot came to hang around. Even before it became hot, I took pity on underfoot, knowing that water here is scarce. I got him a bowl of water, and topped it off now and then. Of course, that made him even more of a permanent fixture. 

In those days, I had a wife, now gone on to her Heavenly reward. As I like so say, she left me for a better man - Jesus! She asked me one day of Underfoot: "Can we feed him?". While I have compassion for animals, I loved my wife, so what could I say? Gave him some canned tuna. He ate the tuna, but it is not among his favorite foods.

Eventually, Underfoot's presence evolved into one of permanent residency. In spite of my allegies, he spends a lot of time in my home. On winter nights, he sleeps on my feet, when I fall asleep on a reclining chair. After several hours, my ankle become sore, so one of his nicknames, is Ankle Bender. He has created a depression in the front yard, where it is just dry, desert dirt. So he also has the nickname, Dusty the Cat! It used to be, that as I walked, he would walk around my feet, nearly tripping me at times. That is how he got the name, "Underfoot".

dusty.jpg

Underfoot is his dustbowl, AKA Dusty the Cat June 12, 2017

Now, he does not do that so much, he prefers to anticipate where I am going, as long as he thinks that is withing his domain. He is a real Alpha male, while I am just an Omegaman. Like most cats, he realizes that mankind was placed here, to serve our feline overlords.

So, if I am outside, and he is also, and I move toward the house, he rushes ahead to lead me to the front door, so that I can let him inside. If we are inside the house, and I move toward the hall, he runs ahead to the bathroom. That is where his food and water bowls are now, and there of course, he asks for food and water. His favorite food, is plain old dried cat food. For that I am glad, since it is cheap and convenient. However, if I move toward the kitchen he will lead there, and is not above asking for a treat. If I move toward the front door, he will lead there also, and ask (verbally) to be let outside. Sometimes he REALLY wants to go outside, and goes to the door, meows, and scratches at it a little. Being his servant, I eventually give in to his demand. The same thing happens in reverse, when I am inside, and he wants back in.

Being really friendly, does not mean he is a pushover, pacifist type cat. He does not start fights, but he does not back away from aggressors either. Like me, he is not fond of bullies. We have two other cats, a male and a female. The male is almost as big as Underfoot, and is younger, and probably stronger. When the food bowl is filled, and the other male (Morty, short for Mortimer) is there first, Underfoot moves toward the bowl, and Morty steps aside and waits his turn.

Underfoot has had encounters with neighborhood dogs. All homes on my block have dogs except mine. Underfoot has backed down little mutts and Chihuahuas, two large African Ridgeback looking dogs, a Border Collie, a Husky, and a huge Rottweiler. This bravado has concerned me in the past.

My neighbor's yard has no fences, and the back side of his property, is open desert. Coyotes were occasional visitors in our street. I always wondered if underfoot, would face them, the same way. I doubt they would back off like the neighbor dogs. Fortunately, that neighbor now has a back fence on his property. 

underfence.jpg

Underfoot after knocking down wooden fence - or maybe it was just the wind!

Underfoot can do some minor tricks. If I want him to jump onto the top of a six foot wall, he will. If I ask him to jump a six foot wide chasm, he will do that also. If I ask him for a high five, he complies.

Like I said, I am not a cat person, but underfoot has made me warm up to them. I actually like him. If you want to see my other cats (not sure why you would) say so, and I will comply.

• Loved it! 1

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Everyone!

Bow.jpg

Hi Kwik....I like that this thread is for personal pictures ...Nothing taken from the WWW...I like this thread a lot...Thank you..

20170412_121321.jpg

This is the big smoke where i live:)

Praise Jesus

This is my Toby. He is 15. He is a persian but I give him hair cuts :)

Toby.jpg

Here Toby  is watching his birdie videos I find online. :D

We are between haircuts here! Toby is a rare persian because he was born with extra small holes in his nostrils. His respiratory system is compromised. Kittens born with this rare condition  rarely make it past a few weeks. He is a miracle as far as I am concerned. Praise God.

Watching the birdies.jpg

5 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Thanks Sister

Of course I think so,lol    You see,I have a 17 yr old furry best friend named Cheech,its been pretty difficult ,he developed diabetes a few yrs ago & has some serious kidney problems....I couldn't even bear the thought of losing him & then I can't imagine I would get another cat in the event of his passing.....he could never 'replaced"

Anyway,I thought it be a good idea to adopt this lil  feral kitty that no one wanted......she is a complete Joy by the GRACE of God.....& so she is "Graycie"

This is Cheech,see little one in the background?lol

Cheech zebra.jpg

Awe. Cheech is a handsome lil man isnt he?

6 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Everyone!

Bow.jpg

Gracie is a beauty. I cant believe you walk her on a leash! lol

WEll maybe I do. I once had a pig that I walked. :)

21 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Everyone!

Bow.jpg

Your cat is so beautiful @kwikphilly

• Similar Content

• By bornagain2011
      My fiance and I have decided that going to Israel for our honeymoon would be an amazing experience. But, I'm not sure how much this would all cost. I have looked into different tour packages and so far the best deal seems to be from Pilgrim Tours starting at about 1,500 for 10 days, which includes plane ticket and hotel room for one person. Our wedding is set for July this year.

I guess I would like to know if anyone here has done something like this before and could offer some advice, comments, or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Shalom!

Natalie