• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Im flabbergasted you came to that conclusion.:shocked:

It is the only reasonable conclusion anyone could come to.  The only way anyone could buy this malarkey is if they are totally on board the Trump Train.   I think it is a very bad sign that Christians need this sort of thing when it comes to Trump. 

• Group:  Royal Member *

7 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Actually it was a Bible scholar who researched the meaning of the word.  It's a real ancient word.  I am going to try to find further documentation on it. 

No, it was not a Bible scholar, it was an amateur bible scholar, which means she calls herself a bible scholar, but really isn't.  I could call myself an amateur doctor because I watch a lot of medical shows, but it would not make me a doctor.

Keep in mind that this same "scholar" made the claim on her website that Ted Cruz was married to his third cousin.  

And that the Hunger Games was Hollywood's warning to us about all of the evil plotted against us

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I still think it was a typo. <_<

6 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I still think it was a typo. <_<

It was.  This is what is known as "grasping at straws" by those who cannot accept that Trump could actually make a mistake.

If you go to the site of this "scholar" you will find some way, way out there stuff that she claims as fact 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Keep in mind that this same "scholar" made the claim on her website that Ted Cruz was married to his third cousin.  

And that the Hunger Games was Hollywood's warning to us about all of the evil plotted against us

I would've gotten the book if they called it the hungry games and handed out bacon with it. Perhaps then the warning would've been to stay away from tofu.

3 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

I would've gotten the book if they called it the hungry games and handed out bacon with it. Perhaps then the warning would've been to stay away from tofu.

:laugh:

20 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

It was.  This is what is known as "grasping at straws" by those who cannot accept that Trump could actually make a mistake.

If you go to the site of this "scholar" you will find some way, way out there stuff that she claims as fact 

I have never said that Trump is not capable of making mistakes.

He is not God.

Please do not make  extrapolating  statements. 

Perhaps some of us set our  focus on what we think are "mistakes" far too often. 

We could have been strapped with Hilary for 4 yrs. I am extremely thankful we arent!! 

Im not going to  focus on the bad in our POTUS like some do. 

He is doing alot of good with an atmosphere of sheer hate against him. 

It is better to pray for him .  

Pray !  Romans 13:1 & Phil 4:8> crack your Bible and read. It does our spirit good:clap:

"The best of men are men at best"

Abiding in Christ :)

6 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I have never said that Trump is not capable of making mistakes.

He is not God.

Please do not make  extrapolating  statements. 

Perhaps some of us set our  focus on what we think are "mistakes" far too often. 

We could have been strapped with Hilary for 4 yrs. I am extremely thankful we arent!! 

Im not going to  focus on the bad in our POTUS like some do. 

He is doing alot of good with an atmosphere of sheer hate against him. 

It is better to pray for him .  

Pray !  Romans 13:1 & Phil 4:8> crack your Bible and read. It does our spirit good:clap:

"The best of men are men at best"

Abiding in Christ :)

Things like what was presented in this thread are actually a stronger focus on the mistake than those who understand that everyone has a typo every now and then.  

Instead of laughing it off for what it was, a mistake that the twittterverse had fun with, we get this tripe about it being some word from back before the time of Noah.

Someone spent time and effort to come up with this story, time and effort that was focused on a mistake and trying to hide that mistake. 

The other negative consequence of such things as this is that they paint Christians in a bad light, they make Christian look gullible and easily lead astray by nice sounding stories.  This is one of the worst things that can happen to a Christian's testimony and witness.  

Whether you like it or not, President Trump is our president.

Although I voted for President Trump, I am not writing to tell you to “just stop complaining” like you’ve probably read hundreds of times on Facebook. Nor am I writing to tell you that your views are wrong. I’m sure you have your valid reasons for not liking our new president; everyone is different and has his or her own set of beliefs – that’s just simply how it goes.

Have Your Voice Heard: Become an Odyssey Creator

Rather, this article is meant to bring some peace of mind to those who simply cannot fathom the idea of President Trump. You heard me… President Trump. You might as well get used to reading and hearing that striking title. I mean, you have to start somewhere in your coping process.

That said, the next time you feel your blood start to boil and your heart race when you hear the title “President Trump,” rather than thinking, “He’s not my president,” consider these facts:

A peaceful transfer of power is vital to American democracy

If you’re an American, you should root for your country regardless of the political party you identify with. We are one nation under God – not one nation under the right or one nation under the left.

With the help of the media, we are actually taking steps backward and becoming more divided than ever before. In order to have a peaceful transition, we must come together as Americans and remember that success comes through compromise and understanding.

President Obama illustrated this transition in the best way, "You take the baton, you run your best race, and hopefully, by the time you hand it off, you're a little further ahead. You made a little progress," he said. "I want to make sure that hand-off is well executed because, ultimately, we're all on the same team."

The support of President Obama

President Obama himself has said that if Trump succeeds, we all succeed. Although I do not agree with President Obama’s political stance on many issues, I do believe he is a good man with a good heart. I also believe that President Obama wouldn’t say anything he didn’t fully agree with.

That said, the next time you feel outraged at the presidential outcome, remember this statement professed by President Obama:

"We are now all rooting for his [President Trump’s] success in uniting and leading the country… The peaceful transition of power is one of the hallmarks of our democracy, and over the next few months we are going to show that to the world."

Hate will not change the outcome

Hating just makes you a miserable person who feels completely out of control. Think about it, when has hate, anxiety or sadness ever changed a situation? Never. So what’s the point of hanging on to hatred for the next four, maybe eight years?

1 John 2:9-11 talks about avoiding hatred in our world:

“Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness. Anyone who loves their brother and sister lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble. But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness. They do not know where they are going, because the darkness has blinded them.”

The Bible tells us to respect our governing authorities

I can indisputably say that much prayer went into this election– maybe more than any other election in our nation’s history. In the eyes of many, neither candidate was necessarily the ideal presidential candidate. Despite this, many Christian churches prayed relentlessly and even conducted sermons solely focused on the importance of God’s hand in this election.

Romans 13 tells us, “Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore, whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.” (verses 1-2)

I truly believe that with the help of relentless prayers among Christians, God guided America's choice in selecting the candidate that was intended to be in this presidential position: President Donald J. Trump. I don’t know the answers and I don’t know the reasons, but I know that one day I will find out the details behind God’s master plan.

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/respect-president-donald-trump

The hour is late. 

Christians have been granted more time to spread the gospel.

That SHOULD BE  all that matters to those who are IN Christ! 

We need to be busy doing the Lords work.

We are tested daily. How will we fare this test? 

God uses things of the world for his purposes all the time. 

God uses the foolish to confound the wise.

Who are we to question it? Sovereign LORD Jesus Christ is who we serve right?

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 5:16; cf. 1 Peter 2:12)

colossians 3:16Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. 17And whatever you do, inword or deed, do it all in the name of the LordJesus, giving thanks to God the Father throughHim.

1 corinth 10:30If I partake in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of that for which I give thanks? 31So whether you eat or drink orwhatever you do, do it all to the glory of God.32Do not become a stumbling block, whether to Jews or Greeks or the church of God,…

A heart of gratitude is a healthy God honoring heart..............

Rejoice! We have another day to get it right IN CHRIST according to Christ for his glory and praise alone! 

Blessings :)