• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Revealation 21:1

21 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

I recently heard a discussion on this topic, and I wanted to bring this to the forum. Are we to take this text literally? 

Genisis 1:9-10

9 Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good. 

Why would the Lord exclude something that is clearly good?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

Faith is an intereting thing, wouldn't you agree. 

In Revelations, what do you think scripture is saying when speaking of the Two Witnesses, fire will come from thier mouths. ?

I'll tell you what it is saying. The scripture is talking about the all consuming fire of God's love.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

25 minutes ago, Kelby said:

Revealation 21:1

21 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

I recently heard a discussion on this topic, and I wanted to bring this to the forum. Are we to take this text literally? 

Genisis 1:9-10

9 Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good. 

Why would the Lord exclude something that is clearly good?

Considering the heavy use of symbolism in Revelation, this is a question you will not find agreement on.  The fact is, it could be literal, but it could also be a symbolic reference to the "sea of humanity".  There are also those who would argue it references the type of water, in regards to fresh water and no more salt water.  Personally I don't think it is worth getting ruffled about, whatever awaits us it will be magnificent.

God bless