Confused

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, guys. Some months ago I've discovered the true love in Christ. I dedicated my life to Him but now I begin losing my faith.

Why?

Because I have a question that left me confused.

Why are there so many religions in the world if everyone saw (in that period of time) that Christ is God's Son? Why they continue to pray to other gods and not to the only God that exists?

Why do some people worship Satan if we already know that he wants only to do bad things and that God is allmighty?

Edited by mat007

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

You will have people who are blind and/or refuse to see the truth.  Following Jesus shows us the condition of who we are, period, and some just cannot accept they are not as good as they what to see themselves. so they reject the truth.  Don't loose faith over someones unbelief.  Focus on your relationship with God and they will see the truth in you.

Satan is the great deceiver. The more humanist religions that he can get people to buy into, the fewer he will lose to Christ. Most people either don't believe in an evil being called Satan or they believe the lie that he is the true god, who is trying to achieve nirvana for the human race, but the evil Judaeo-Christians are preventing that from happening. That is why there is such hatred among non- Jews and Christians towards us. And why Satan will be able to deceive the great masses during the Tribulation. Don't fall for it. Don't let GOD's Word fall among the thorns of your life. Read Matthew 13, "19When anyone hears the message of the kingdom but does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path. 20The seed sown on rocky ground is the one who hears the word and promptly receives it with joy. 21But since he has no root, he remains for only a season. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away.…" Or Satan wins.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Don't lose your faith because of people.  We are all sinners saved by grace.  Only Christ, who is God in the flesh, is perfect.  Keep your eyes one Him.  Only the Holy Spirit can enlighten us to the truth.  People can be church members and never know the Truth.  But God has a remnant in every church.  I believe that there are more in protestant evangelical churches but not everyone is saved in these as well.  God is continually working in hearts to draw us to Himself.  Some resist His call and are not saved.  But those who are saved are saved because they believe that Jesus Christ is Lord of all, and that he was resurrected from the dead, and that he ascended into heaven where God gave Him a Name above every name.  He came as God in human flesh and He is Creator of the universe.  

So leave other people to God, and keep your eyes on Him and not on people.  If they worship other gods they may be church members but are not Christians.  We are true members of His body if we produce good fruit.  Read the New Testament and you will not be as confused.  And be faithful to walk after the Holy Spirit to love others as Christ loves you.  That is all He asks.  

Blessings.
Willa

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  106

15 hours ago, mat007 said:

Hi, guys. Some months ago I've discovered the true love in Christ. I dedicated my life to Him but now I begin losing my faith.

Why?

Why are there so many religions in the world if everyone saw (in that period of time) that Christ is God's Son? Why they continue to pray to other gods and not to the only God that exists?

Why do some people worship Satan if we already know that he wants only to do bad things and that God is allmighty?

I pray your faith keeps growing in our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS! Amen.

JESUS spoke they are blind being lead by the blind.  Stay strong mat in the LORD.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 6/16/2017 at 8:07 AM, mat007 said:

Why?

Christianity is the only religion that leads to God's forgiveness and eternal life.God has given all of us free will.  Every human on earth has a choice where they want to spend eternity. If a person asked Jesus Christ into their life they will go to heaven if they do not they will go to hell.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

On 6/16/2017 at 11:07 AM, mat007 said:

Why?

I Peter 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 6/16/2017 at 11:07 AM, mat007 said:

Why?

Mat, you have actually asked several questions and they don't have easy answers. First of all not everyone can see the truth of Jesus. He said this Himself when He said no one can come to Him unless the Father draws that person. I always knew of God and Jesus bc I grew up Catholic. But at 18 my intelligence got me thinking there is no God. In my 20's people and things kept crossing my path that made me think maybe God is real. At 28 I started reading the Bible and at 30 I accepted Jesus as my savior. Now I keep learning what that means. Learning to obey the Lord is a lifelong process. When I look back it wasn't all the people who drew me to God. It was the Father.

All the other religions is something I've always wondered about also. I think most people sense in their soul that there's a God. So they developed ways to try and get to know God. Sometimes there's a devil aka a fallen angel involved. Other times the people are sincere and don't know anything different. I found it interesting that many of those religions teach the same things Jesus taught, to love all people and be good to them. When they don't teach those things then there's a devil involved.

It seems hard to believe but the news of Jesus is only now reaching some people. This is very obvious with Muslims. In the Mid East Jesus is appearing to hundreds of Muslims in dreams and visions, mostly dreams. Sometimes He has to appear to 1 person for a year before that person seeks others who know of Him. That could be bc in Mid East when a Muslim converts he usually has to flee or be killed. We are hearing of both things happening.

We are very lucky in America bc we have freedom of religion. But there are those who want us to lose this. We need to be very careful we don't elect these people. It will soon be up to you young people.