• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, B3L13v3R said:

In hopes to warn some enough to stay away, and for others to repent and come out from participating in such.

Yes, indeed there are counterfeit spirits that the saints must be alert to.    We are living in very evil days.   

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Nor should one assume 'spiritual superiority' over other  brothers and sisters.

I do not read them as professing superiority. Rather, seeking kinship with like experiencers. If I am wrong that is my burden and I offer my observation with all respect to those who do not see it that same way. 

10 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Perhaps, but one can have authentic spiritual experiences without being condescending about it, don't you think?

As a general rule, I'd think so. However, with specific regard to the member in question, again, I do not read it as such. I see them as someone who hopes to find kinship with people who have experiences like unto their own. Perhaps the condescension occurs toward that member who dares share something that deeply personal with those who have no such experience are at a loss to understand what is their, the members, meaning. 

I think charitable hearts are wise always, in all ways. We are sons and daughters of God. We are to be in love with our Lord and in the Love of our Lord as community together. 

Show the love. :emot-hug: :wub:   

It feels a whole lot better than that other option. :) 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

As a general rule, I'd think so. However, with specific regard to the member in question, again, I do not read it as such. I see them as someone who hopes to find kinship with people who have experiences like unto their own. Perhaps the condescension occurs toward that member who dares share something that deeply personal with those who have no such experience are at a loss to understand what is their, the members, meaning. 

I think charitable hearts are wise always, in all ways. We are sons and daughters of God. We are to be in love with our Lord and in the Love of our Lord as community together. 

Show the love. :emot-hug: :wub:   

It feels a whole lot better than that other option. :) 

I agree;

1 Corinthians 13:1, Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Romans 14:13, Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

IMHO, That's where the assumption was made and the condescension followed.

Perhaps the assumption , if it was that, could be alleviated if those who have similar experiences to that of the member would share theirs. Because I believe that is what they are sincerely seeking. Kinship and maybe even validation that what they've experienced was indeed real. If they meet others who have "been there", that would help them to ground themselves in their own experience and help their understanding. We're community in Christ after all. Shouldn't we help one another better navigate when we are led and are blessed by the spirit in this way? 

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Perhaps, but I've seen these discussions turn into a 'spiritual oneupmanship' and it becomes who has had the 'deepest' vision or whatever.

Anyways the one who first assumed could have asked instead of assumed.

I agree with Paul on this matter...

And I know that this man was caught up into paradise—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— and he heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter. On behalf of this man I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except of my weaknesses— though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth; but I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me. So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.
(2Co 12:3-7)

Even If I desire to glory I would not be senseless, for God knows that what I say is truth. I will stop lest any man think that I am more than what I am and what I can actually demonstrate (V.6).

God did not want Paul to exalt himself through the abundance of revelations given him, so He permitted him to have the thorn in the flesh to keep him humble (V.7).  The most simple explanation of the thorn in the flesh that is possible for God or man to give, it was "the messenger (Gr. aggelos, pronounced anggelos, meaning angel of Satan. "Aggelos is translated angel 179 times and messenger 7 times. It is never translated disease of physical infirmity and never means any such thing. An angel of Satan, one of the spirit beings which fell with him, followed Paul and buffeted him when he was tempted to become exalted. Paul lists in  2 Cor. 11:23-27 some of the things that this angel caused him to go through to keep him humble. There is not a disease in the whole list.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,242
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

Yowm said;   Perhaps, but I've seen these discussions turn into a 'spiritual oneupmanship' and it becomes who has had the 'deepest' vision or whatever.

Anyways the one who first assumed could have asked instead of assumed.

I agree with Paul on this matter...

And I know that this man was caught up into paradise—whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows— and he heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter. On behalf of this man I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except of my weaknesses— though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth; but I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me. So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited.
(2Co 12:3-7)

I see nothing wrong in questioning a poster's not usual, unusual, spiritual warfare experience. A specific scriptural reference could add weight to the discussion. I'm here to learn. Discussions of demonic activity, out of body experiences, exorcisms, would probably be more discussed if they were better explained in specific details of actual events  that were witnessed, and not in a general "I saw it happen" What happened, what did you see/hear? What scripture was used. what results. Did you test the spirit? I would like to hear.I think the scripture by Yowm, 2cor 12:3-7, was a perfect fit for the situation that evolved above. Brotherly love is a TWO way street...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

Nor should one assume 'spiritual superiority' over other  brothers and sisters.

May the Love of our Lord Jesus always fill you, Yown!

It isnt a matter of spiritual superiority, infact i never claim to be a son of the Most High. You are the children of God. I am the Servant of the Most High God. 

The authority that has been given to me comes from God, but how can i prove this? I can not. But that is unimportant. What is important is that i continue doing the work of the Most High. This work i do is for your sakes even though you reject even the notion that God would allow someone like me to do them.

You are so fixated on the notion that out of the body experiences are from the devil. Jusr because you can't find it in the bible, yet Jesus Himself says others will come and do even greater works than He.

Does this mean i am greater than the Teacher, of course not, He is God, i am only the servant. But you have condemned me already, even before my work is done.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

3 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

It isnt a matter of spiritual superiority, infact i never claim to be a son of the Most High. You are the children of God. I am the Servant of the Most High God. 

The authority that has been given to me comes from God, but how can i prove this? I can not. But that is unimportant. What is important is that i continue doing the work of the Most High. This work i do is for your sakes even though you reject even the notion that God would allow someone like me to do them.

You are so fixated on the notion that out of the body experiences are from the devil. Jusr because you can't find it in the bible, yet Jesus Himself says others will come and do even greater works than He.

Does this mean i am greater than the Teacher, of course not, He is God, i am only the servant. But you have condemned me already, even before my work is done.  

I don't think anyone is condemning you, but testing all things in scripture.  You are not a son or child of God?  What I have noticed is when I find someone has a close relationship with God, they are more concerned about loving God, and thereby loving everyone around them, and the work "i" almost disappears from their vocabulary.  What work are you doing for our sakes?  Do you love God?  

1 John 4:11 ESV

Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

8 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

What work is that?