IGNORED

No Gay Pride Month

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Has anyone else noticed that President Trump did not recognize June as Gay/LGBT pride month?   Obama made that proclamtion for most of his presidency, I think.  But President Trump has not.   That's a good thing.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

It was Obama's month. He took pride in it.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

Trump is playing both sides of the street.  He remains neutral while he has Ivanka show support for it.

wise political strategy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

My comment isn't about "[homosexual] pride month" specifically, but the general practice of declaring certain months "_________ (insert aggrieved group here) pride month."

So if I'm correct, the month of February is usually declared "Black Pride Month."  

Has anyone ever commented on the fact that even in that, blacks are getting short shrift?  February is the shortest month, after all . . . 

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Has anyone else noticed that President Trump did not recognize June as Gay/LGBT pride month?   Obama made that proclamtion for most of his presidency, I think.  But President Trump has not.   That's a good thing.

It's a beautiful thing that our White house isn't colored in rainbow lights to make a flag of damnation. President Trump is a Christian. 
Do you notice the LGBTQS community isn't reported by the press as voicing outrage? 

Guest shiloh357
55 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

My comment isn't about "[homosexual] pride month" specifically, but the general practice of declaring certain months "_________ (insert aggrieved group here) pride month."

So if I'm correct, the month of February is usually declared "Black Pride Month."  

Has anyone ever commented on the fact that even in that, blacks are getting short shrift?  February is the shortest month, after all . . . 

Blessings,

-Ed

No, it's called, "African American History  Month."  http://www.africanamericanhistorymonth.gov/

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

Trump is playing both sides of the street.  He remains neutral while he has Ivanka show support for it.

wise political strategy

Nobody cares what Ivanka thinks.

It's just one more thing to take away from Obama.

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it's called, "African American History  Month."  http://www.africanamericanhistorymonth.gov/

The Los Angeles gay pride parade that has marched for years and even has merchandising attached to it  changed its name due to president Trump's election. The Resistance March. 

Nobody cares what Ivanka thinks. It isn't president Ivanka Trump that causes all this ire to this level of animus. Though I would wonder how she , a convert to Judaism, can defend her support for homosexuality. 

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

The Los Angeles gay pride parade that has marched for years and even has merchandising attached to it  changed its name due to president Trump's election. The Resistance March. 

Nobody cares what Ivanka thinks. It isn't president Ivanka Trump that causes all this ire to this level of animus. Though I would wonder how she , a convert to Judaism, can defend her support for homosexuality. 

Her conversion was only for the purpose of marrying Jared.   She is likely not much of a practicing convert.   Judaism is quite liberal in many areas so it is not surprising that she feels that way.

I get really tired of the "resistance" stuff.  Liberals need to grow up and start acting like adults. This not occupied France.  This is not WWII.   It reminds me of those "militia" guys who dress up in camo and run around in the woods in their little fantasy world.

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Her conversion was only for the purpose of marrying Jared.   She is likely not much of a practicing convert.   Judaism is quite liberal in many areas so it is not surprising that she feels that way.

I get really tired of the "resistance" stuff.  Liberals need to grow up and start acting like adults. This not occupied France.  This is not WWII.   It reminds me of those "militia" guys who dress up in camo and run around in the woods in their little fantasy world.

I respectfully disagree on one point. The militia training corps aren't even in the ballpark of errant nor qualified as such to be invoked as equal to the tantrum left and their resistance.