#worstadviceever

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

I saw that on YouTube  where the host asked people to tweet in the worst advice they ever got. 

So why not have our own. What's the  worst advicr you were ever given regarding either your Christian  life or life in general.Whether you followed it or notdoesn't matter.

1. Control a woman or she's going to control you.

From my bitter uncle whose wife left him taking the kids after years of his dictatorially running their home and hasnr returned aftee 12 years.

2. Just because a person isn't a Christian doesn't mean they don't love God. You could date and unsaved woman and nothing's  wrong with you going with her to fetes.

-from a Christian  friend  (in a dying unequally yoked relationship ) who can't get why I wont date an unsaved woman.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

"You show up and build this and God will build you."

A shift from biblical vision and discipleship to a growth program when God was adding to the church daily as such should be saved.

The "Moses" figure of a fellowship using free labor and tithes to renovate a building for a school while over a two year period an exodus, first of the believers who where mature and knew better and then the second wave of devastation with marriages falling apart, back sliding and the none existence of the every day discipleship that at one time went on between brothers and sisters just years before.

Guest Judas Machabeus

It's okay to leave Christianity to become Jewish for the good of the family

This was said to me to justify what the speakers friend did. She married a Jewish man and than converted to Judaism in order to have one faith in the home. I was shocked that the person telling me this condoned this and thought it was the right thing to do. I replied "You think denying Jesus for the harmony of the home is a good thing. Denying Jesus is God, denying he is our Lord and Savior is a good thing. Than denying these things in order to have harmony in the home is what Jesus wanted!" I than reminded my friend that Jesus said he didn't come to bring harmony to the home and that homes would be divided because of him Luke 12:49-53. The speakers response was "Oh wow you take that passage literally?" to which I replied "well I would not want to be putting my salvation in your friends basket"

Edited by Judas Machabeus
had to add the word "not"

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Thats y u dont get unequal yoked  in the first place 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

One of the worst advice I can recall was given to me by a doctor when I took my daughter to see him for a check up when she we 3 weeks old. He told me that I should only be feeding her every 3hrs and for no longer then 20 minutes.  After 20 minutes he said I am to cut her off rather she was done or not and not feed her again until the next 3hrs. :oWell I disagreed. And so did my daughter when we tried it.   As there was no way I was going to let my 3 week old baby cry and cry and not feed her just because it has only been 2hrs since her last feeding and not 3. Like wise cutting her off when she wasn't done and letting her scream was not going to happen neither.  She 3 weeks old! She has no understand of what time it is. All she knows at 3 weeks is she in hungry and no one is feeding her! I never went back to that doctor again.