• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

19 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

McCain has a history of trashing fellow republicans as far as I can tell.  It has always gotten him face time on the Sunday shows.  He's a prima donna among prima donnas

I'd feel sorry for you - having him as your senator and all - but then I have Schumer and now Ms Potty Mouth Gillibrand.

Are there ANY good senators?

Blessings,

-Ed

For awhile jeff flake in arizona was good. He said no to virtually any bill that had a price tag. Rather liked that. But lately he has been a bit borderline. I hope its an aberration. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

41 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Can anyone tell me what republicans stand for?

12 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Well, limited government, preservation of the Constitution and Constitutional rights, national security, and Christian values, though that does not mean a theocratic platform stance. 

That's what they SAY - but talk is cheap.

John Roberts - a REPUBLICAN appointee - did the unthinkable when he UPHELD Obamacare in the SCOTUS.  He bears as much blame for that fiasco as the democrats.  Bush II and the republican Congress increased spending and created boondoggles like The Patriot Act and No Child Left Behind.

Finally, I contend the republicans are as in favor of illegals coming into the country as democrats - just for different reasons.  (Dems - votes; Reps - cheap labor).  Which just shows how fatally STUPID the republicans are, because the seeds of their demise are IN those illegal immigration numbers.

23 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

I do know what you mean about the party though. I think the fracture that made the party members in the Halls of power appear to bleed one across the aisle of the other was during the Bush43 term. Bush Jr. ran as a Republican but after 9-11-2001 assumed the legislative profile of a strong Democrat. After that the party pretty much left its anchor. 
I think that is why I do vote today as a Republican because sadly enough we are what appears as a two party system due to many factors. If I had my druthers, I'd rather a viable federalist option arise. 

While I did vote for Trump in the last election (as a thumb in the eye to the establishment), most recent elections I've voted third party.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

That's what they SAY - but talk is cheap.

John Roberts - a REPUBLICAN appointee - did the unthinkable when he UPHELD Obamacare in the SCOTUS.  He bears as much blame for that fiasco as the democrats.  Bush II and the republican Congress increased spending and created boondoggles like The Patriot Act and No Child Left Behind.

Finally, I contend the republicans are as in favor of illegals coming into the country as democrats - just for different reasons.  (Dems - votes; Reps - cheap labor).  Which just shows how fatally STUPID the republicans are, because the seeds of their demise are IN those illegal immigration numbers.

While I did vote for Trump in the last election (as a thumb in the eye to the establishment), most recent elections I've voted third party.

Blessings,

-Ed

I was sickened by Justice Roberts decision concerning Obamacare. But I think he was following orders quite frankly. And yes, he bares responsibility as much as the Democrats and the Republicans who did nothing to stop Obamacare's progress through the system. 

Bush43 championed No Child legislation when he was governor in Texas as I recall. A deplorable legacy to be sure. He also took a surplus left by Clinton and put our country into an enormous deficit that has only been compounded by BH Obama.  

And with regard to illegals, I think that follows what I had observed about bleeding of parties across the aisle since Bush43. It strikes me they're putting on a show for the electorate while snickering behind their hands among themselves at their rich dinner parties and private gatherings during the recess. They make the laws that apply to us. Not them. 

I also think that is why members of the Republican party are working against Trump. Which I've not heard of before. Members of a party working to tank their own party member who sits as president. 

The America I knew as a younger soul isn't even recognizable now. So maybe I'm surprised because I'm just waking up to the really deep evil that waves back at me as a whole, from both sides of the aisle , from that cabal on the Hill.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

McCain has a history of trashing fellow republicans as far as I can tell.  It has always gotten him face time on the Sunday shows.  He's a prima donna among prima donnas

I'd feel sorry for you - having him as your senator and all - but then I have Schumer and now Ms Potty Mouth Gillibrand.

Are there ANY good senators?

Blessings,

-Ed

Both of Oklahoma's senators are pretty good.   Inholf and  Lankford.    They both have done things I disagreed with, but when I asked them about it, they had good reasons for their actions.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

Just now, other one said:

Both of Oklahoma's senators are pretty good.   Inholf and  Lankford.    They both have done things I disagreed with, but when I asked them about it, they had good reasons for their actions.

Yeah, Oklahoma is still pretty conservative.

I remember James Inhofe was mayor when I lived in Tulsa.  I'd forgotten he was now a senator.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

Yeah, Oklahoma is still pretty conservative.

I remember James Inhofe was mayor when I lived in Tulsa.  I'd forgotten he was now a senator.

Blessings,

-Ed

Tom Coburn was also excellent.....   he developed medical problems though...