Amazing huh

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

I love to look at old movies sitcoms etc . It's like a time machine  showing how life,society and morals have changed.

Look at this advice column letter. 

Wow things have changed

20170614_140001.jpg

20170614_140012.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Wow, women have Adams apples too it says!!!! Yikes....better go check mine!

Edited by HisFirst

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907

43 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

I love to look at old movies sitcoms etc . It's like a time machine  showing how life,society and morals have changed.

Look at this advice column letter. 

Wow things have changed

20170614_140001.jpg

20170614_140012.jpg

It is like a time machine. Even in my lifetime I can't believe how rapidly and drastically morals in society have changed. And for the worse. 

Kids today do things we would have never imagined. All because they think they are entitled and no one can stop them. 

What will this world be like in 20 years? 

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

It is like a time machine. Even in my lifetime I can't believe how rapidly and drastically morals in society have changed. And for the worse. 

Kids today do things we would have never imagined. All because they think they are entitled and no one can stop them. 

What will this world be like in 20 years? 

I don't know that I would say it is because of entitlement, more like they were born into a time where they have been saturated with sexual impulses of the previous generation.  It is everywhere, TV, movies, billboards, magazines, etc.  I think my generation has to take responsibility for the downward spiral of morality in the millennials, what other outcome could have been expected.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  907

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Yes, today the writer to Dear Abby could just as easily have been a boy wondering why the other boys have not kissed him after the date.

No doubt. And Abigail has been a departed soul since 2013. 

I was browsing the channels at a friends house when house sitting a couple of years ago. There was a program on that is hosted by a former American Democrat and Cincinnati Ohio mayor, Jerry Springer. A Transsexual woman was the guest. He had seduced a man and had not told him of his actual gender. When asked by Springer why the deception the man said it was a game "they" , his friends, played. They hunted for straight men just to prove deep down inside they were homosexual and in denial. But, Springer persisted, why didn't you tell the man you met that night you were a man before you were intimate? 

The answer ? 

It's not his business! 

That's the world two years ago. And this guy wasn't kidding. He honestly thought it was no one's business he posed as a female when he was full biological male looking to seduce straight men with his lies. And he was so disturbed that after he performed his deceit, keeping this G rated, he thought the straight men , his victims, were the one's that got played. When in reality, he was disrespecting himself. And his lies, and that he thought it was not those men's business he was male too, showed he was actually ashamed of what he was. And was doing. But that was not in his consciousness. 

The veil of the deceiver in this time is so thick it reminds me of a metaphor akin to those room darkening lined drapes. Manufactured to insure it is impossible for the light to get through. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, wingnut- said:

I think my generation has to take responsibility for the downward spiral of morality in the millennials, what other outcome could have been expected.

Yes, and for sure. My baby boomer generation and the next.

Unfortunately, parents today tend to deprive their children of the very thing that gave them character. A hard work ethic. A moral/spiritual example. They didn't want their kids, the next generation, to do without like kids had to after WWII and the great depression. Because of the stimulated economy, and mothers then in the work force during the war,  everything was given to them. Let the child day care raise them. They didn't want them to have to work at such an early age,  so they never learned how. Never was taught responsibility. In my day, people still had enough pride and would never think of going on public charity, plus, there wasn't any. Every body worked. They had to. They were individual people with individual lives, and the family unit, and not huge categories of deprived never ending needy, covering the full specter of race, gender, nationality, or other dividing lines. The schools taken over by the agenda-izing government, the colleges taken over by the Viet Nam draft dodgers returning, and all knowing atheistic intellectuals, politicians doing whatever needed, to get reelected to the trough. Then came Madalyn Murray O'Hair, who was an American activist, founder of American Atheists, is best known for the Murray v. Curlett lawsuit, which led to a landmark Supreme Court ruling ending official Bible-reading in American public schools in 1963. Separation of church and state.  One woman, and changed millions of lives.. Then the sixties love/drug/sex era, and the race was on. Don't forget our unbiased brainwashers, the media. As parents, and grand parents, we can't blame it all on the kids. They were taught. By those we thought deserved our respect, those adults, the intellectuals, the ones setting new laws or repealing old laws. Oh...Roe v Wade.    And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.    But.   Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.     This is the day the Lord has made, right, so I lets rejoice, and be glad in it. ........God is still on the Throne!!

"About the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution, in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior.

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship." "The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence 1. From bondage to spiritual faith; 2. From spiritual faith to great courage; 3. From courage to liberty; 4. From liberty to abundance; 5. From abundance to complacency; 6. From complacency to apathy; 7. From apathy to dependence; 8. From dependence back into bondage" Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some 40 percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase".......... Ya think?

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

9 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Yes, and for sure. My baby boomer generation and the next.

Unfortunately, parents today tend to deprive their children of the very thing that gave them character. A hard work ethic. A moral/spiritual example. They didn't want their kids, the next generation, to do without like kids had to after WWII and the great depression. Because of the stimulated economy, and mothers then in the work force during the war,  everything was given to them. Let the child day care raise them. They didn't want them to have to work at such an early age,  so they never learned how. Never was taught responsibility. In my day, people still had enough pride and would never think of going on public charity, plus, there wasn't any. Every body worked. They had to. They were individual people with individual lives, and the family unit, and not huge categories of deprived never ending needy, covering the full specter of race, gender, nationality, or other dividing lines. The schools taken over by the agenda-izing government, the colleges taken over by the Viet Nam draft dodgers returning, and all knowing atheistic intellectuals, politicians doing whatever needed, to get reelected to the trough. Then came Madalyn Murray O'Hair, who was an American activist, founder of American Atheists, is best known for the Murray v. Curlett lawsuit, which led to a landmark Supreme Court ruling ending official Bible-reading in American public schools in 1963. Separation of church and state.  One woman, and changed millions of lives.. Then the sixties love/drug/sex era, and the race was on. Don't forget our unbiased brainwashers, the media. As parents, and grand parents, we can't blame it all on the kids. They were taught. By those we thought deserved our respect, those adults, the intellectuals, the ones setting new laws or repealing old laws. Oh...Roe v Wade.    And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.    But.   Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.     This is the day the Lord has made, right, so I lets rejoice, and be glad in it. ........God is still on the Throne!!

"About the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution, in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years prior.

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship." "The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence 1. From bondage to spiritual faith; 2. From spiritual faith to great courage; 3. From courage to liberty; 4. From liberty to abundance; 5. From abundance to complacency; 6. From complacency to apathy; 7. From apathy to dependence; 8. From dependence back into bondage" Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some 40 percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase".......... Ya think?

Well said, I personally would put us at stage 8, dependence back into bondage.  Apathy has long run its course.  I remember back in the late 70's there was a fast food chain called Burger Chef, they were as big as McDonalds and Burger King at the time.  They got caught using horsemeat instead of hamburger and within a year the public put them out of business.  Two years ago Subway got busted for putting non-edible product in their bread and no one blinked an eye about it.  This year they got busted because their chicken isn't chicken.  People are just asking for everyone to follow suit when they don't react to things like this, so it is safe to say any food you eat out is probably not all food anymore.  Folks are always quick to complain about what is happening in the world, but lifting a finger to do anything about it, well, that's just inconvenient.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

34 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Well said, I personally would put us at stage 8, dependence back into bondage.  Apathy has long run its course.  I remember back in the late 70's there was a fast food chain called Burger Chef, they were as big as McDonalds and Burger King at the time.  They got caught using horsemeat instead of hamburger and within a year the public put them out of business.  Two years ago Subway got busted for putting non-edible product in their bread and no one blinked an eye about it.  This year they got busted because their chicken isn't chicken.  People are just asking for everyone to follow suit when they don't react to things like this, so it is safe to say any food you eat out is probably not all food anymore.  Folks are always quick to complain about what is happening in the world, but lifting a finger to do anything about it, well, that's just inconvenient.

Stage eight, huh. I was thinking (hoping) seven. Whats amazing, my kids and older grand kids, are all  very aware of all that's going on  with our country, (like what were discussing) but not naive, but well informed, and as strong believers, they still have a  good outlook on their future, knowing the tribulations eminent, as also the Lords return. Must be youth, and I worry too much for the mess we have left to our children.  I just had to rant some, being a fixer type, and seeing an unfix-able mess. We live out in the country, several acres, grow some of our food, eggs, chickens and sometime meat, vegetables. Raw milk from actual dairy cows. Everybody works, my business in my small shop building commercial  cabinets, wife and daughter have their business, my son with two businesses. Grand daughter baby sitting making two hundred a week. We home schooled. I started working fifty five years ago, learned how, and taught my kids how, thus their kids. My wife and I introduced them to God, and then the Holy Spirit took over the guiding/teaching. I'm very blessed, and am learning better the peace of God.  (He is in control)   God is Merciful.