JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

So often we picture homosexuals a the epitome of antichristianity.

I am not condoning homosexuality, BTW. So please spare me the confrontational responses.

If nothing else, this is to get us to think!

Do we try to show these people dignity / respect / a true loving Christian witness? Do we pray for them?

Or do we bristle with hate and retaliation for their reaction to the persecution that the Romanized Church historically leveled against them?

Your constructive (non-combative) thoughts are most welcome.

BTW...

A sub point I wish to make is how we (unintentionally or not) make our pet peeve sin out to be the unpardonable sin.

And in so doing we alienate those who commit it and harden them against the Gospel itself.

Should we not be doing just the opposite?

I do not condone or affirm homosexuality (to them or to anyone). But I deliberately show homosexuals I know the love and respect of Jesus Christ.

And to a person they appreciate it and may very well consider the Gospel for themselves.

Love.

God's love.

It's what's for Eternity.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

I am not condoning homosexuality, BTW. So please spare me the confrontational responses.

Do we try to show these people dignity / respect / a true loving Christian witness? Do we pray for them?

Or do we bristle with hate and retaliation for their reaction to the persecution that the Romanized Church historically leveled against them?

Wow, but here goes.

The terms "try to show" and "bristle with hate" are two book ends so to speak.

The place we need to be is recognizing this world is in darkness and we who are saved are the light in this world. There is no negotiation with evil, it's only light that pushes back darkness.

I guess what I'm getting at is sincerity. The only time we can break through a barrier say with a Jahova Witness, or anyone caught up in whatever, is when we ourselves are sincere. We can't 'try to love' or 'hate to love' but we are instructed to speak the truth in love. Jesus came and comes to people because He loves and He speaks the truth. We can have truth without love but we cannot love without truth.  No longer can we afford, and really never could afford, the comfort of being a nominal christian. The west is pretty much had it, believers are reading best sellers and the enemy is passing them out everywhere. In war the food supply is vital, and if it can be cut off or poisoned even a tad the enemy will do it. Gideon was threshing out the wheat as the enemy was destroying the food. 

I'm speaking from a place of conviction and brokenness over my own state of foolishness. The only way we can love any sinner is to fully give ourselves to The One who loved us first. The west has had it. Jesus said beware of the leaven of Harod and personally I'm done with politicians saying one thing for political expediency and then doing another. There is no hope outside of Jesus Christ. 

Any homosexual who repents and calls on the name of Jesus will be saved. The Lord knows hearts better than anyone, actually He is the only one who really knows people better than they know themselves. Homosexuals need conviction to seek what is true. "Unless the Father draws them". That's not to say the wrath of God hasn't already fallen on some and others there may not be any hope. So I do believe there will be those we pray for and those from whom we keep or mouths shut because they speak for their father the devil, and may we pray for the wisdom, knowledge, discernment with all love to know the difference.

The world is growing darker, today is the day of salvation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

Of course they can be redeemed, Jesus' sacrifice can cover any sin.  I have done a lot of witnessing to those trapped in this sin, and it is a sin the same as any other sin.  It is always easy for those who do not struggle with a particular sin to come down harshly on those who do, homosexuality makes for an easy target in this way.  Like any one of us who were caught up in a sin, we don't just suddenly stop sinning just because we get saved, it takes time, it is a process.  I know many who have turned away from the homosexual lifestyle, but it didn't happen overnight, they require discipleship the same as everyone else, so we need to consider that when trying to speak to them.

God bless

Guest Teditis

Jesus said to Love our enemies... so if someone's feelings towards homosexuals is so strong that they would

see them as their enemy, they are still commanded by Jesus to show them Love and to genuinely engage them

with such attitude and action.

People need to be made aware of the Nature of God and the need for Salvation from All sin. This is when we

present the Gospel and have open discussion about how God sees all ppl and wants good things for them.

The homosexuality issue need not be discussed as it is the Holy Spirit who convicts us of our sins.

Homosexuals don't need to quit sinning they need to come to Jesus and focusing on anything else beyond the

Gospel is not the road God called us on to.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Yes, homosexuals can be saved. They need to ask Jesus Christ into their life and turn away from their sinful life style.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Jesus said to Love our enemies... so if someone's feelings towards homosexuals is so strong that they would

see them as their enemy, they are still commanded by Jesus to show them Love and to genuinely engage them

with such attitude and action.

People need to be made aware of the Nature of God and the need for Salvation from All sin. This is when we

present the Gospel and have open discussion about how God sees all ppl and wants good things for them.

The homosexuality issue need not be discussed as it is the Holy Spirit who convicts us of our sins.

Homosexuals don't need to quit sinning they need to come to Jesus and focusing on anything else beyond the

Gospel is not the road God called us on to.

Amen Ted  :thumbsup:

Our purpose is to present the love of Jesus to them and let the Holy Spirit do the work of conviction regarding sin in their life, we are not qualified for that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, absolutely homosexuals can be saved!
I've spoken to a number over the years.

Sin should be mentioned towards them as well as anybody, as God mentions sins:

1Co 6:9-10  Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, (homosexual men who act like women) nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (homosexuals)  (10)  Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

In mentioning God's righteous law, folks become convicted, at that point we can and should let them know they too can be forgiven of sins debt, paid for by Jesus Christ:
Gal 3:22-24  But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.  (23)  But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.  (24)  Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Once convicted, God is willing for all men to repent:
Act 17:30  And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Luk 13:3  I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Repentance, conversion! Sins blotted out, forgiven! Times of refreshing comes from God!
Act 3:19  Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Thank God some do repent and become free in Christ! :)
1Co 6:11  And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, homosexuals can be saved. They need to ask Jesus Christ into their life and turn away from their sinful life style.

Okay. What about heterosexual sins?

Is it okay for one and not the other?

Or, is it the same for all... believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved... and God will deal with the sins of the believer from then on...

Your thoughts?