• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

The whole system is evil. 

Yes it is Brother Butero.....Indeed I want Peace but I am also a realist & Peace is not on the horizon,i only know this only because the Word of God tells me so

Personally I am far from a liberal,I am neither complacent,passive nor tolerant0-I) am pro-active     I do support & sign petitions & I do speak up,I w4rite letters to my local politicians etc... etc,,,, ,where I believe it can make a difference     I don't have to beat my Brother & Sister over the head if they disagree & I certainly won't waste my precious time bickering with others.....thats my 2 cents   

There are many agendas here,it is true & many which are to divide the Body of Christ & this is where we must really speak up & say,"Hey,wait a minute! Why are you speaking to your Brother or your Sister this way!!!!? It is totally unacceptable,,,this is STILL a Christian Ministry & not "Entertainment Tonight"     The Brethren can speak civilly to one another regarding politics if that is what they care to discuss                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, Running Gator said:

A divided government is better than 100% rule by either party.  This is because with a divided government less gets done and less damage is done.   When the only two parties that are in power both support bigger government and less personal freedoms, it is best they do not get much accomplished.   The only difference in this area is which parts to make bigger and which freedoms to take away first.  

Nothing good has ever come from one party holding 100% power, at least not in the last 100 years.

I will be happy to take my chances and support Republicans in charge of everything. 

As to WMDs in Iraq, Sadaam wanted everyone to believe he had them, and everyone believed he did.  No lies were told to get us into that war.  We went by what our intelligence said.  I would have supported the war because Iraq violated the terms of the cease fire from the first Gulf War.  I didn't care about the WMD argument. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

18 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

My sincere apologies. I just looked at that thread and I was mistaken. It wasn't you that made the comment about not using the F word. 

Thank you for your apology.  No harm, no foul.  It can be easy to get confused about who said what.

Just now, Butero said:

I will be happy to take my chances and support Republicans in charge of everything. 

As to WMDs in Iraq, Sadaam wanted everyone to believe he had them, and everyone believed he did.  No lies were told to get us into that war.  We went by what our intelligence said.  I would have supported the war because Iraq violated the terms of the cease fire from the first Gulf War.  I didn't care about the WMD argument. 

The intelligence was put through the spinner before it was fed to us, it made Saddam and Iraq look like they were a direct, and imminent, which was never the case.

It was an easy war to support if you there was no possibility of you going there and getting shot at.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Yes, you can get away with it, but it does not stop you from being a jerk for doing it.  Being president means you can get away with just about anything, ask Bill Clinton.  Didn't make it right.   Bush II started a war on lies that cost more than a trillion dollars and 5000 American service members lives, and he got away with it because he was president.  Didn't make it right to do.

Might makes right is not a biblical principle. 

It is bad enough this thread has been derailed to assail Trump. Please don't derail further with irrelevant referrals to Bill Clinton or Bush 43. 

People opine about what transpired at the NATO gathering. That the PM wasn't offended puts an end to the judgment against president Trump from the standpoint of the PM.Who is the only one that actually is entitled to feel something about president Trump's encounter with him. Everyone else just shares an opinion that changes nothing about the long past reality. 

If "Jerk" is a classification for bad behavior, there isn't a president that I can recall that wouldn't qualify for the label. 

Might makes right is reflected in the entire old testament of the bible and as a Godly principle. The Gospel overcoming the world of sin where Satan rules, is the principle afforded in the idiomatic meaning  itself. 

And it is absolutely reflected by example in the U.S military.

Guest Butero
4 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

The Brethren can speak civilly to one another regarding politics if that is what they care to discuss                    

A-men Sister Kwik.  We should be able to.  I applaud your efforts to keep the peace. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Thank you for your apology.  No harm, no foul.  It can be easy to get confused about who said what.

Thank you for your kind understanding and gracious acceptance of my contrition. :emot-hug:

4 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

If "Jerk" is a classification for bad behavior, there isn't a president that I can recall that wouldn't qualify for the label. 

See, now that is something we can agree on!  :emot-dance:

Might makes right is reflected in the entire old testament of the bible and as a Godly principle. The Gospel overcoming the world of sin where Satan rules, is the principle afforded in the idiomatic meaning  itself. 

I do not agree.   Right (God) had the might, but the might didnt made God right.  And many, many times the Israelis didn't have the might and God made things right. 

And it is absolutely reflected by example in the U.S military.

As one that spent 20 proud years serving in the US Military, I can tell you that we do a great many things that are not "right"

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

A-men Sister Kwik.  We should be able to.  I applaud your efforts to keep the peace. 

She is rather amazing and has the patience of an angel.

Guest Butero
2 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

The intelligence was put through the spinner before it was fed to us, it made Saddam and Iraq look like they were a direct, and imminent, which was never the case.

It was an easy war to support if you there was no possibility of you going there and getting shot at.

The military is all volunteer.  Nobody was forced to go over there.  When Iraq violated the cease fire agreement from the first Gulf War, we should have immediately taken Saddam out.  Intelligence from all over the world thought Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, but that was neither here nor there to me.  I wanted Clinton to take them out when they shot at our planes and threw out the inspectors.