JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe a better way to describe a prophet of God in Biblical context, when it's not containing a future historical event is, "Thus saith the Lord". 

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/18/2017 at 11:07 AM, JohnD said:

Typically a subject for Q&A section. 

But poignant enough to remain here (with the mods' permission of course).

Is prophecy simply predicting / telling the future?

What is prophecy?

GINOLJC, What is prophecy? the proven facts of faith, (the word of God). hence the ability to have faith to believe these facts.  and the medium of these facts is in the  Spiritual Gift (see 1 Corinthians 12:10 & 11)  To publish, or to proclaim them, to all who believe, hence the reason for faith. these facts, (the word of God), be ye it past, present, or future testify to this evidence of faith.  and this testimony of can be in the form of preaching and or teaching of these facts/prophecy.  other words  prophecy is Historical fact beforehand.

May God bless.

Edited by 101G

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

On 7/10/2017 at 8:00 PM, Jake999 said:

The prophecies about Christ were not declarations about a man of the past but a man of the End Times who can do what no other man has been able to do. The story of Jesus was written in symbolism but most if not all take it literally which changes the meaning and the value of what will be done to turn earth into paradise. If you believe that such a man will exist and heed the advice that was written in the Bible then you should listen to me. I have already fulfilled at least 300 prophecies about Christ which is impossible for anyone other than the real Christ to do. I suggest you look in my wake and listen to what I have to say about the story that was prophesized about me and choose wisely who you want to follow.

If you were of Christ you would point to Him, and not to yourself.  He alone is the Head of His Body.

• This is Worthy 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 0:09 PM, Heleadethme said:

If you were of Christ you would point to Him, and not to yourself.  He alone is the Head of His Body.

Goodness dear sister.   I just found this.  this man is like those JESUS warned out against.   Saying I AM..........

I have no words for that man.   Other than on JUDGMENT day..........every eye will see it was not Him who was JESUS , nor GOD.

as that poor man is cast alive into a lake of fire.  I sure pray he repents of that mindset real quick.  

The SPIRIT of prophecy is the testimony oF JESUS , not those pretending to be him.   man I am worried bad for this guy.   he is either joking which is very evil anyway

or he is under a delusion and really believes this.  

Dear sister here is real testimony that points to Christ .    ME.........I can do nothing lest it be of Him.   I am nothing but a man saved by grace

and came to faith to the real Christ , who is THE CHRIST , and who alone only can save .   that points to JESUS , not me.   as you KNOW we point to JESUS not us. 

that poor man.   either way joking or not.........this poor soul is under heavy delusion.   It sounds like he thinks he is the messiah.   poor jake

you cant save me or anyone , not even yourself.  NOW RUN TO CHRIST WHO DOES SAVE . 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Dear sister here is real testimony that points to Christ .    ME.........I can do nothing lest it be of Him.   I am nothing but a man saved by grace

and came to faith to the real Christ , who is THE CHRIST , and who alone only can save .   that points to JESUS , not me.   as you KNOW we point to JESUS not us. 

that poor man.   either way joking or not.........this poor soul is under heavy delusion.   It sounds like he thinks he is the messiah.   poor jake

you cant save me or anyone , not even yourself.  NOW RUN TO CHRIST WHO DOES SAVE . 

Amen frienduff thaylorde........Jesus warned in the last days many would come in His name saying they are Christ, and not to follow them.......hope this poster looks in the mirror of the word and reads that, and may the Lord help him find his way back to truth.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/18/2017 at 0:07 PM, JohnD said:

Typically a subject for Q&A section. 

But poignant enough to remain here (with the mods' permission of course).

What is prophecy?

The simple definition of prophecy is "declaring God's divine will". Telling future is simply part of it. Many times prophecy ends up re-iterating a message already delivered and used to influence a nation. This is quite common in OT. We see many prophets delivering somewhat a similar message. They also predicted future. With Bible, God has revealed everything mankind needs to know. He has reveled until eternity!! There is nothing more to be revealed. In that sense there is no need of prophets. Today declaring God's will is nothing but teaching. Because everything is already delivered in Bible and we can delivering the message from Bible would be teaching. We can't call that prophecy. There is nothing "new" to be added to Word of God.

However, God out of his providence still delivers personal messages to people to guide them in certain decisions. This does not mean God chooses people and designates them as prophets. God uses common people to do such acts out of His providence. The stress being on His providence. He does it when He feels it right. But His Word is enough to guide and teach us all through the end. All the self-declared prophets, prophetic hotlines, prophetic mass gatherings are just against definition of Prophecy as per Bible.

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2017 at 0:07 PM, JohnD said:

What is prophecy?

Sometimes in the OT, musicians were referred to as prophets, (or maybe prophets doubled as musicians...?)  The word "prophet" is multilayered... While it can literally mean 'to speak ahead,' as in the future, it can equally mean 'to speak in front of,' meaning a public spokesman in front of people. 

In today's culture, prophets are largely dismissed by mainstream evengelicals, but the role of a prophet today can still be to guide the leadership of a church, to interpret the already-prophesied end times events, (we can always use more clarity there), a prayer ministry devoted to spiritual warfare, or even a musician devoted to music that is Psalm-like in content and purpose, (not just any musician).

In any case, a prophet is in tune with the spiritual realm and is often quite discerning about spiritual matters.  They can usually "see" things that most people can't.

A prophet can often be accused of being "too spiritually minded to be any earthly good.".