Sign in to follow this  
love mercy

Father's Day

I just want to praise the Lord for his faithfulness. He has never failed me and he has given me beauty for ashes. I thank God for the biological father that I had the blessing to know. I was loved by my dad, but for the LONGEST time, I thought I was his biggest disappointment. I struggled a lot to do some things that people often take for granted. One sister was a math genius/athletic and the other sister was super popular(model pretty, but short) /athletic ( a great gymnast). I am able bodied and I don't have any significant intellectual difficulties, but I was that kid that couldn't ride her bike properly, not athletic, not graceful, not artistic, not cute, not smart, not confident. I was always comparing myself to my sisters. I often thought that when my dad would encourage me to do things that I had already figured out that I could not do that he just never accepted me. I thought he was ashamed of me. One of our last conversations, he told me that he was proud of me, with tears in his eyes. He explained that he had always been proud of me. With tears in my eyes, I honesty asked, no, I begged him to tell me why because I was a failure in everything I valued (before knowing Christ I valued things of this world and my identity was based on my accomplishments, which turned out to be my failures). I will never forget my dad's response...He said, BECAUSE YOU ARE MY DAUGHTER.

God allowed me to have this chat with my dad before he died so that I would have a tangible understanding of God's love for me echoed in the sentiment of my father's words. I don't know who may be struggling with the idea that God loves you, like I do, but God really does love you. It isn't because of anything special that we can do or because we are so devoted to him but it is because he made us and he will hold nothing back from us to enjoy a relationship with Him - the death and resurrection of Jesus is the greatest gift of grace, compassion and mercy that we can ever receive.  Sometimes we feel disqualified to share the gospel to others, but God doesn't give up on us after our failures. In John 21 - Jesus encouraged Peter to take care of his sheep, even though Peter had denied Jesus three times he was not disqualified, in fact Jesus had encouraged him and prayed for him, saying in Luke 22: 32, that Peter's faith would not fail and when he turns back he would strengthen his brothers....Our Faith is in God's faithfulness not ours....so no matter what you've done if you willing accept the Love of Jesus and follow him then know that Jesus is praying for you to turn back to him and strengthen your brothers.

Happy Father's Day because OUR HEAVENLY FATHER is a father to the fatherless and he loves you, right now, just as you are -  you can come to him because HE LOVES YOU.

Amen, thanks for sharing, God bless.

Happy Father's Day!!

Sign in to follow this