• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

13 hours ago, Running Gator said:

He is actually taking Drivers Ed in summer school this summer!  So it is not far away.  And since he has played driving Sims on the computer he is convinced he knows how to drive already!  :laugh:

might I suggest that you send him to a professional defensive driving course.    Learning how to push a vehicle to it's limits to avoid accidents is extremely valuable.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Not Barbies but my two youngest daughters would not go to sleep unless I did this same routine nightly of having one of their plush dolls attempting to climb up the door frame and encountering all kinds of mishaps along the way and falling back down.  They refused to settle down and go to sleep each night until I did it.  Of course by then they were all wound up again giggling and laughing but, Oh Well . . .

I think it is refreshing to find how easy it is to make a child laugh when they're still perfectly innocent to the ways of this old world. It lets us let go of all that we take so serious making a way for them through the challenges in this life, and if we're lucky remember when we were that age. And life seemed so simple. And the wildest dreams possible. 

The most sacred responsibility anyone can choose for themselves is to be a parent. Raising the future. The innocence, the open book, the wide eyed precious that gazes about in wonder at all we take for granted, and like us, made in the image and likeness of our Father. Trusting us to show them the way. 

There is always time for that. And bringing them laughter and joy along the way is something that can refresh our own weary spirit. There is something so wonderful about the laughter of a baby. A child. Freedom. That's what it sounds like to me. Unbridled spontaneity and joyful embrace of aliveness. 

God bless you for taking the time to give that plush doll a walk up that door frame. Those are the memories your precious one's will carry forever as they recall their daddy.Long after you join your own heavenly Father.  

God bless all mothers and fathers here. Every day is mothers day. Every day is fathers day. :) Celebrate with your kids any time you can. They grow up so fast. Play while there's time. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273

my qn. why does daddy have to dress up. Why not have him play a male character in the pretend and let the daughter know. Men are to always dress as men and women as women. something the world is trying  to get us to forget.

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The men dress-like-men, women-dress-like-women is not applicable when you are simply granting your child's wishes in regards to playing with them.

How do you know when and where its applicable?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

23 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Thank you very much.  My children are now 22 and 15 so Father's days have changed.  My wife had to work so I spent the day baking cookies, smoking a chicken and watching Star Wars movies!  :D

My daughter did call about 9pm, she had just got done with a 9 hour shift where she works.   She felt bad she had not gotten me anything, I told her having a daughter that is willing to work hard was gift enough! 

Hey Running Gator, Sounds like you and your daughter have a great friendship. :) Blessings.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

14 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Heres my thing. Daddy playing folks with his daughter  is perfectly fine. But daddy cross dressing to play the role is innocent yes but  its basically telling kids it's ok for men to dress as women,which scripture forbids. So this totally innocent activity could be used by the devil to encourage  things  God forbids. To add to it . I pointed out that  a million different women have a million  different  concepts  of What a real man is, and a woman replied. That her s be a real man if he dressed as a woman for himself. Femininity isnt only for women

It is not cross dressing, it is wearing a costume, it is make belive and it is interaction with you child on a level they can understand and appreciate.   It is not telling kids that it is ok dress as women, it is telling kids that you love them enough to be silly with them and do the things they want you to do. 

It seems you are trying way too hard here to find evil in every single thing.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

11 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Not Barbies but my two youngest daughters would not go to sleep unless I did this same routine nightly of having one of their plush dolls attempting to climb up the door frame and encountering all kinds of mishaps along the way and falling back down.  They refused to settle down and go to sleep each night until I did it.  Of course by then they were all wound up again giggling and laughing but, Oh Well . . .

Sounds like bedtime was something that the girls would look forward to :) Blessings

Just now, Running Gator said:

It is not cross dressing, it is wearing a costume, it is make belive and it is interaction with you child on a level they can understand and appreciate.   It is not telling kids that it is ok dress as women, it is telling kids that you love them enough to be silly with them and do the things they want you to do. 

It seems you are trying way too hard here to find evil in every single thing.  

im not atually. like i said. its perfectly innocent minded but theres something else to it people dont realise. But everyone else ignores that part i put

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Annette said:

Hey Running Gator, Sounds like you and your daughter have a great friendship. :) Blessings.

Thank you.  We do at that.  It is odd having an adult child.  She now lives half a country away and two summers ago her and I drove her car loaded with her stuff to her new "home" state.   Having your child drop you off at the airport so you can fly away leave them at their new home was such a weird feeling.

Just like with all teenagers we had our ups and downs and the downs were pretty low, but she had a good foundation and righted the ship!  I could not be more proud of her.  So many of her peers from high school are married with kids or just have kids with no husband.  She has avoided that trap!