• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

13 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

Just as some can point out others sin, shouldn't I be able to ask questions about actions and words of fellow Christians. Why must my Christianity be questioned for doing so?

Nobody should be analyzing anyone else besides themselves.  Discussing sin, what it is, what it looks like, what it does to our spirit, etc., is what we should focus on so we can look within ourselves to see how we measure up to scripture.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Although you place other examples in some replies, your focus seems to be on homosexuality.  Homosexuality is clearly defined as a sin in the Bible.  There is no biblical ambiguity on the subject.  Therefore, a homosexual who was really saved would show that through a marked and progressive change in their lifestyle over time, eventually abandoning any type of gay lifestyle.  If there is little or no change in their lifestyle, that is cause for concern.

The 1st bolded statement is biblically false.  It is not my doctrine, it is God's doctrine.  Here is the plainest scripture we have, to be used in an example such as the one you gave above:

1 Corinthians 5:9-13  9 I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people-- 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world.  11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.  12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?  13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

Past a certain point, when it is clear that the person claiming to be saved has shown no growth, we are told that we need to cut off fellowship with them.  This is not done as a punishment.  This is done for two reasons.  One, to hopefully induce sober thought on the part of the person being removed from the church and two, to keep the disease from spreading to the rest of the Church.

This reply is to your reply.

Homosexuality tends to come up as more of a sin than others as if it is more of a sin as others. After my OP, I went back and said this could be anything that Is disapproved of or Hated. The other examples in my replies were to also show it is not just homosexuality but any sin or difference in question. 

People pick and choose when they want to generalize some thing and when to point out particulars and in it all lose the whole focus of the Original Post. 

As I stated earlier I got my questions answered and Thank you all. I even got more than I asked for.

Edited by notsolostsoul

5 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

A Christian is a person who has accepted Jesus as their Savior, repented of their sins and is doing their best to walk in His footsteps including actively removing willful, repetitive sin from their life.

An un-believer is the opposite.  Actually being a Christian requires believing certain things and behaving in certain ways that are not optional.  Christianity is not somehow different for each person in a way that allows people to re-define it on their own terms.  Many people adopt the title when they could not give a simple definition of what being an actual Christian is.

You are not simply questioning fellow Christians behaviors.  You are questioning their behavior while also assigning a negative value to it.  Within Christianity, questioning, evaluating and examining a person's behavior is required.  We do this in the secular world daily.  But for some reason, some people feel we are not allowed to do this within the Church.  That makes absolutely no sense.

How did I assign a negative value to it?

6 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

In your original post you implied that being against homosexuality equates with hate.  

That is not what I implied. I used gay as an example of what some hate and after you pointed out how that can be misinterpreted I changed it.

As I stated before. I got the answers to some of my questions. They were very simple questions. Some where tangents occurred and then chaos.

Thank you all. 

6 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Perhaps we should try a different tack.  Are you a Christian?  And if so, do you believe that homosexuality is an acceptable lifestyle for a Christian?

You would have to point out where the chaos was because I did not see it.

Yes, I believe and follow Christ.

I believe it is not my place to say what God chooses for another human being. It is not my place or authority to say when and how they deal with their sin that is God's authority not mine.

When the discussion goes away from what was actually asked to what people end up trying to prove and the Original Question is no longer the topic.

I.E. Are Christians suppose to hate ANYONE?

As apposed to me explaining myself.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I had to admit that I hated someone before I could ask God to help me to forgive him. I guess another way to put that would be that I had to admit to my sin before I could ask God to heal me of that sin. Anyway that is what happen to me concerning hate of a another person. 

3 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I had to admit that I hated someone before I could ask God to help me to forgive him. I guess another way to put that would be that I had to admit to my sin before I could ask God to heal me of that sin. Anyway that is what happen to me concerning hate of a another person. 

Thank you.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Along with the principles we need to look at the applications.

Jesus said, "Love your enemies," and all that, but look at how He regarded and the religious leaders, King Herod, and the others who rejected Him.

The ones who rejected Him, He didn't even bother giving the time of day for.

King Herod, He completely dissed.

The religious leaders, He vehemently opposed.

40 minutes ago, Davida said:

Well for   " only speaking for one- yourself"  you made a lot of very negative and massive judgmental generalizations  about  "we"""Christians".

Where did I make all these judgmental generalization?

I asked questions in response to certain answers and I also referred to my experiences with the Christians/claiming christians I have come to know.

Reason I asked the question is because I have seen and experienced "Christians" claim they do not hate but have ill will and words towards those who they feel sin or are beneath them. I am questioning those and if that is the behavior Christians should conduct.  I am not attacking all Christians. I am trying to find out if what I'm seeing in society and at some of these Churches is what Christianity really is. 

40 minutes ago, Davida said:

There are a lot of people who have come on the forum over the years who are not actually Christians, but come on it pretending and then make all sorts of attacks against Christians. They tend to make statements that no actual Christian would make. 

I can see this because they do it in the church also. There are many churches where wolves dwell and sheep are being misled.

My questions may seem harsh and direct but I am seeking the true Christian as you do. 

I just don't get how I can be questioned but I can not question. 

So It's OK for other Christians to question me but if I question them it becomes a problem.

I am not saying you are doing this with ill intent. I just get tired of others accusing me of having ill intent.

It's as if Christians are so focused on being attacked that they attack other Christians. 

Guess that's how some might have taken my question. I'm going to have to work on how I word my questions. I thought they were simple and straight out but I guess not.