Marilyn C

Eagle on the beach.

This morning while I snuggled down further in the blankets my hubby (Trevor) got up and went for his early walk. (We go together later.) This is our last day of our holidays up in sunny Queensland by the beach. So off he goes walking the 6 or 7 kilometres from Maroochydore to Alexander headlands. Along the way he looks at the surfers battling the big waves. As he passed a couple of them talking of their adventures he heard one say, "Trust me to try and kill myself." Must have been a big wave that dumped him.

Further up the beach Trevor looks for the eagle high up in a tall Norfolk Pine tree. It has built its nest in the topmost branches and is now busy feeding its young chicks. The other day Trevor saw him feeding the chicks and heard them chirping. However today he saw him flying around and then sitting on the nest. So Trev continues on his journey to the headlands and starts the trek back.

Surfers are coming in and gathering to tell of their exploits, people are walking their dogs, some saying "hello." (!!! people not the dog :D). Now when Trev comes towards the eagle`s nest he sees him flying  around and then coming towards him. The eagle actually hoovers just above Trevor`s head and Trev had a good look at him. I thought how wonderful for him to see the eagle up so close. Then when Trev told me he said that the red patch on his cap would have drawn the eagle  who may have thought it was blood. Blood, something dying, dead, for his chicks, food.

Trevor loves God`s creation and shares as we travel, so I was very pleased that God gave him an up close and personal look at the eagle which he had been watching over our stay here.

Blessings to all the Worthy family for I can take you with me wherever I go.

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn

I have been too tired with all my activities to come to Worthy in the last few days, but was wondering how your holiday was going.  Aren't eagles wonderful?  Our brothers and sisters in the US would know all about them.

While we were caravanning up North a few years ago, we often came across two or more eagles picking apart roadkill out in the "Never Never".  The presence of vehicular traffic did not seem to bother them, and at times they were very slow to get off the road!  Magnificent birds, and speak to us of God's amazing creation, as do ants!

Take care on the journey home sis.

PS - we finally have a heavy downpour happening outside, praise His Name.

Posted (edited)

Eagles have finally returned to the Minnesota River where I see at least one every couple of days. Just gorgeous and an encouragement that they were but a remnant and are coming back stronger than ever!

God is awesome!

Edited by BacKaran

On 6/19/2017 at 5:22 PM, Marilyn C said:

This morning while I snuggled down further in the blankets my hubby (Trevor) got up and went for his early walk. (We go together later.) This is our last day of our holidays up in sunny Queensland by the beach. So off he goes walking the 6 or 7 kilometres from Maroochydore to Alexander headlands. Along the way he looks at the surfers battling the big waves. As he passed a couple of them talking of their adventures he heard one say, "Trust me to try and kill myself." Must have been a big wave that dumped him.

Further up the beach Trevor looks for the eagle high up in a tall Norfolk Pine tree. It has built its nest in the topmost branches and is now busy feeding its young chicks. The other day Trevor saw him feeding the chicks and heard them chirping. However today he saw him flying around and then sitting on the nest. So Trev continues on his journey to the headlands and starts the trek back.

Surfers are coming in and gathering to tell of their exploits, people are walking their dogs, some saying "hello." (!!! people not the dog :D). Now when Trev comes towards the eagle`s nest he sees him flying  around and then coming towards him. The eagle actually hoovers just above Trevor`s head and Trev had a good look at him. I thought how wonderful for him to see the eagle up so close. Then when Trev told me he said that the red patch on his cap would have drawn the eagle  who may have thought it was blood. Blood, something dying, dead, for his chicks, food.

Trevor loves God`s creation and shares as we travel, so I was very pleased that God gave him an up close and personal look at the eagle which he had been watching over our stay here.

Blessings to all the Worthy family for I can take you with me wherever I go.

Marilyn.

So glad to read about your holiday Marilyn. I am glad that you and your husband have had this opportunity to refresh yourselves. I loved the story you shared. Thank you so much. Blessings :) 

14 hours ago, SisterActs2 said:

Hi Marilyn

I have been too tired with all my activities to come to Worthy in the last few days, but was wondering how your holiday was going.  Aren't eagles wonderful?  Our brothers and sisters in the US would know all about them.

While we were caravanning up North a few years ago, we often came across two or more eagles picking apart roadkill out in the "Never Never".  The presence of vehicular traffic did not seem to bother them, and at times they were very slow to get off the road!  Magnificent birds, and speak to us of God's amazing creation, as do ants!

Hi SisterActs2,

I loved reading your memories and the reminder that we can thank God for this amazing creation. Blessings :) 

13 hours ago, BacKaran said:

Eagles have finally returned to the Minnesota River where I see at least one every couple of days. Just gorgeous and an encouragement that they were but a remnant and are coming back stronger than ever!

God is awesome!

God is awesome, I agree :) Blessings 

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:00 AM, SisterActs2 said:

Hi Marilyn

Thanks Sister,

Yes up north is certainly very interesting. We`ll have to share some time. Australia is an amazing country.

Marilyn.

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:53 AM, BacKaran said:

God is awesome!

Hi BacKaren,

That`s great news to hear. Thanks for sharing.

Marilyn.

14 hours ago, Annette said:

So glad to read about your holiday Marilyn. I am glad that you and your husband have had this opportunity to refresh yourselves. I loved the story you shared. Thank you so much. Blessings :) 

Hi Annette,

It`s so good to be able to continue to share with each other, even on holidays. We are now in a secluded cove near Coffs Harbour. Fed the birds this morning with my last bit of toast, then went for a long walk through the dense undergrowth and out on to the beach.

Now amazingly we will catch up with a couple whom we met over 12 years ago on our travels. We had not been in touch since but when we rang them they had been talking about us a few weeks back. Maybe God was preparing this get together. Their children would be teenagers now and we`ll have lots to share.

regards, Marilyn.

Thank you Marilyn for sharing this. It is such a blessing when God works out special occasions to catch up with friends. I hope that there will be a lot of fun and laughter as you catch up. God has the most amazing ways of reminding us that He loves and cares for us.

I am so glad to "share" in your stories as you share them.

Blessings:)