the power of context

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

Tell me what you think of this picture. Give me you honest opinion.  Theres a point Im going to make. A very eye opening point but i need opinions first

Inkedjuan-finally-sent-child-support-so-i-went-and-bought-9539251_LI.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

Not enough information to really think anything.  

It could be the case of a woman using her child support money for the wrong things.

It could be that Juan had not sent money for the last year so she has been spending every dime of her own money on the child so when she got the other money she used it for other things.

Looking at the picture the boots look small and they might be a picture of the kids feet and they boots were for the child.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

So the little brother/sister got new boots and the older sister got her nails done?

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

I hope he comes back soon and opens our eyes

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

Take me with you. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

23 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Winner!!

Hi Yowm, I let you onto something, this is me when I was very young, every time my mother had to go some place I will get very upset, and screaming take me with you, or I want to go with you. But she had to do what she had to do. 

(Could be the response of a child when one of the parents walks away from the family). It is a very upset and painful situation for the kid and I didn't want to mention that). 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Not enough information to really think anything.  

It could be the case of a woman using her child support money for the wrong things.

It could be that Juan had not sent money for the last year so she has been spending every dime of her own money on the child so when she got the other money she used it for other things.

Looking at the picture the boots look small and they might be a picture of the kids feet and they boots were for the child.

You hit it on the head.

What happened was someone posted this picture  online and the lady got blasted for being an awful mother for spending her kids child support on nails and boots for herself. Then someone  gave context- Juan is actually the posters father, not her ex child father (she didnt cll him daddy) She took the money he gave  her and bought herself the nails and boots.

Its similar to anaylsing scripture and people in general. Too often people write off certain verses as something because they didnt bother reading the whole chappeter but took the verse in isolation (eye for an eye for example). It shows without a full context, something can look totally different than it is

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94

Is this the mother or the child talking? I can't give an answer till I know. :huh:

Those are ugly boots by the way. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

4 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

You hit it on the head.

What happened was someone posted this picture  online and the lady got blasted for being an awful mother for spending her kids child support on nails and boots for herself. Then someone  gave context- Juan is actually the posters father, not her ex child father (she didnt cll him daddy) She took the money he gave  her and bought herself the nails and boots.

Its similar to anaylsing scripture and people in general. Too often people write off certain verses as something because they didnt bother reading the whole chappeter but took the verse in isolation (eye for an eye for example). It shows without a full context, something can look totally different than it is

Very good perspective! :):thumbsup: 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

You hit it on the head.

Then the details are not clear. You would need to know the whole picture in order to comment. Jumping to conclusions.