IGNORED

I feel like my life has no direction - What are some helpful bible verses?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys, 

I don't post here much, but I could really use some helpful advice, particularly scriptures that pertain to my current situation.

To make a long story short, I graduated from college about 4 years ago. Since then, I feel like my life is going nowhere...it feels completely aimless. I still live at home with my dad, I don't have a decent paying job or a car of my own, and I'm still not at grad school yet. I'm sick of it. I'm not satisfied at all with where I am in life, and I realize that it's time for change. I really want to move onto the next phase of my life once and for all, and I want so much more of what God has to offer. However, I don't know where to start. Not only do I need God's direction, but also some helpful bible verses that I can declare on a daily basis. 

The thing is so many Christians are sitting around waiting for God to move, when quite often, he's waiting on us to move. He's given us the power. It's time to start declaring his promises and the victory that I have through him. After all, the power of life and death is in the tongue. I'm ready for God to guide me and help me every step of the way.

What are some helpful bible verses that pertain to my situation? Ones that I can declare and mediate on.

Edited by Amore_Amibo

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 John 2:15 (KJV)

[15] Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

[16] For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

[17] And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

I Thessalonians 5:12 We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, 13 and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.14 And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all. 15 See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone. 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies, 21 but test everything; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil.

23 Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.