• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

57 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Then I guess your photo was also factually incorrect,

radiallight.jpg

Really, why is my photo Factually Incorrect??

otherwise there would be a small circle of light on the ball,

Not in a Million Years.

and a shadow the size of the ball, so you have already shown us, that your contention that light is parallel, is not correct

The suns rays run "Parallel", Period...End of Story.  If not, every single Sun Dial in the world would be a jumbled mess and Eratosthenes Fairytale (Which is a Fairytale for many other reasons) would be Shot in the Head before it got out of the gate.   

Say Goodnight to your position right there.  Let's 'Cherry On Top' it...

What makes Sun's light travel as parallel beams towards earth?  https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/155075/what-makes-suns-light-travel-as-parallel-beams-towards-earth

Crepuscular rays are parallel!

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/11/02/crepuscular-rays-are-parallel/#.WU2PJ-vyu00

Hello

monshadowerror.jpgIt is okay to be wrong, at times we all are.

I don't have a Problem being wrong...Unfortunately for you, it's not now.

Show your "Cone" Shadow in a Practical Experiment...?

What is not okay, is no to not admit when we know we are! In fact, while I know it is hard to believe, even I have been wrong.

Interesting

I would bet that you have heard of radiation

Ya think?  You sure you wanna play??

but I doubt that you have heard of parallelation, there is probably a reason for that!

Enlighten me...?

regards

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Thank you Brother Enoch:emot-heartbeat:    21 today:whistling::44:

LOL

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

22 minutes ago, Enoch2021 said:

The suns rays run "Parallel", Period...End of Story.  If not, every single Sun Dial in the world would be a jumbled mess and Eratosthenes Fairytale (Which is a Fairytale for many other reasons) would be Shot in the Head before it got out of the gate.   

What makes Sun's light travel as parallel beams towards earth?  https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/155075/what-makes-suns-light-travel-as-parallel-beams-towards-earth

You really should read these links and not just go off their title...you crack me up though! 

From your link...

Sun's light appear to travel as parallel beams towards earth

Rays are going in all directions, but the further a planet is from the Sun, the smaller the arc of the Sun's rays that intercept the planet.

They are not sent in any parallel order, they're sent in every possible direction! The ones that are intercepted on earth's surface, correspond to a very small solid angle, for which all rays can be considered roughly as parallel.

Most of those photons don't reach the Earth because they're heading in the wrong direction. Only those photons that happen to be heading toward the Earth actually get there - and the photons that are heading to the Earth are all heading in more or less the same direction. 

no parallel light, you are wrong again...hey at least you are consistent and that is worth something. 

15 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

You really should read these links and not just go off their title...you crack me up though! 

I did, and you're the one that's cracking me up.

Oh, I missed your retort on "Sun Dials" and "Eratosthenes".  Anything??

From your link...

Sun's light appear to travel as parallel beams towards earth

Rays are going in all directions, but the further a planet is from the Sun, the smaller the arc of the Sun's rays that intercept the planet.

They are not sent in any parallel order, they're sent in every possible direction! The ones that are intercepted on earth's surface, correspond to a very small solid angle, for which all rays can be considered roughly as parallel.

Ya see Mr. Straw Man Fallacy, the argument isn't which direction Photons are traveling at the source.  The Argument is which direction the Photons are traveling when hitting, in this case, "The MOON".

You have the wrONG emPHAsis on the wrONG syLLAble (again).

Most of those photons don't reach the Earth because they're heading in the wrong direction.

Who cares?

Only those photons that happen to be heading toward the Earth actually get there - and the photons that are heading to the Earth are all heading in more or less the same direction.

Yes ----->  "Parallel"  

"Crepuscular rays occur when objects such as mountain peaks or clouds partially shadow the sun's rays. The name crepuscular means "relating to twilight" and these rays are observed at sunrise and sunset. Crepuscular rays appear to diverge outward from the setting sun, and are visible only when the atmosphere contains enough haze or dust particles so that sunlight in unshadowed areas can be scattered toward the observer. The light rays are actually parallel, but appear to converge to the sun due to "perspective", the same visual effect that makes parallel railroad tracks appear to converge in the distance."

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/guides/mtr/opt/air/crp.rxml

Moreover, even if they weren't "Parallel" they sure wouldn't produce a Shadow off an Object 35 Times Smaller (!!) than the Diameter of that Object, lol.

Thanks Again thumbsup.gif

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, Enoch2021 said:

Really, why is my photo Factually Incorrect??

Your photo is not actually, factually incorrect. It was you who said my illustration was, because you said light runs in parallel lines, not in cones. However, your photograph demonstrates cones, not parallel lines, so the implication is that the photograph is incorrect, since it demonstrates the same thing that my illustration did, and not parallelism that you claim happens. Really, you are not able to follow what is being said?

Not in a Million Years.

Your comment, not in a millon years, sow the same failure to comprehend, it seems. I the light were travelling in parallel lines, then it cast a shadow the same size as the object blocking the light. Since the shadow in your picture is larger than your shading object, the light travelled radially from the source, or it criss crossed around the object, or it did both. The only thing your picture demonstrated, was that if light travels parallel, then it was accompanied by light which was not.

The sun dial point is excellent. As a maker of sundials, I am aware that sundials are made specifically to work at the latitude where they are to be installed. I use a program (Shadows 4.1) that does the math for me. You are almost right though. Sundials would be a mess, if they were all alike. However, for some peculiar reason, they cast short shadows at the equator, and long ones toward the polls, almost as if the planet where a sphere, instead of a disk. So, no need to say goodnight to my position, since you are adding even more evidence to it with each post it seems. I know, this is not a thread about the shape of the Earth. So this is my last comment in this thread, at least in regard to these phenomena.

Crepuscular rays are parallel!

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/11/02/crepuscular-rays-are-parallel/#.WU2PJ-vyu00

I don't have a Problem being wrong...Unfortunately for you, it's not now.

Show your "Cone" Shadow in a Practical Experiment...?

Not sure why I should need a practical experiment. If I thought you would be persuaded, I might. However, since you ignore mountains of evidence already out there and readily available, the evidence is that you are not persuaded by evidence, and you apparently, cannot see even that. 

You displayed a picture of the shadow of the moon. I do not think you would have done that, if you did not accept that part as true. I agree, that it is true, so that is the demonstraton of the small shadow efect. YOu also posted a picture of an experiment on a table.  guess you failed to notice, that the light from the lamp, also went out radially, not parallel - enough so that it produced a beam larger than the globe, and even onto the walls. Again, this is not nice, neat, parallel line travel. You are the one producing he evidence, I am merely pointing out, that it does not agree with what you are saying about it. Not sure what to make of that, other than you selectivly ignore the obvious to try to make a case to support a position not based on evidence, but on misinterpretation of observable facts.

Interesting

Ya think?  You sure you wanna play??

Enlighten me...?

Enlighten you? Is that possible? Radiation exists, because light and other energies, radiate from their source. It does not parallel from the source. At this point, you are surely just having fun with me.Even lasers, to not make parallel beams. Aiming them at the moon, illuminates pretty large spots, but I guess if one is convinced that this is not the case, one would st assume that te photos of that, are just forgeries. No evidence is sufficient, to one who refuses to accept it, so what is the point it presenting evidence?  . . . and no, I do not want to play, I am no one for games, and I am tired of this one of yours, if that is how you see it. Have fun though!

regards

Regards to you also, have a blessed day!

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

48 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

The sun dial point is excellent. As a maker of sundials, I am aware that sundials are made specifically to work at the latitude where they are to be installed. I use a program (Shadows 4.1) that does the math for me. You are almost right though. Sundials would be a mess, if they were all alike. However, for some peculiar reason, they cast short shadows at the equator, and long ones toward the polls, almost as if the planet where a sphere, instead of a disk.

I did not know that about sundials, that is fascinating.   Thanks for sharing.

2 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Your photo is not actually, factually incorrect. It was you who said my illustration was, because you said light runs in parallel lines, not in cones.

Light hitting the Moon from the Sun, according to "The Narrative"... runs Parallel.

your photograph demonstrates cones, not parallel lines 

No... the Shadow is "The Cone" not the Light.

so the implication is that the photograph is incorrect, since it demonstrates the same thing that my illustration did, and not parallelism that you claim happens.

It didn't, you're confused between the Shadow Cone and the Light Rays. 

Really, you are not able to follow what is being said?

Please.

I the light were travelling in parallel lines

Say again??

Since the shadow in your picture is larger than your shading object, the light travelled radially from the source, or it criss crossed around the object, or it did both.

This is where you're confused, just like 'Running Gator'.  The argument isn't which direction Photons are traveling at the source. The Argument is which direction the Photons are traveling when hitting, in this case, "The MOON"; Ergo, Straw Man Fallacy.

They are Parallel...

"Crepuscular rays occur when objects such as mountain peaks or clouds partially shadow the sun's rays. The name crepuscular means "relating to twilight" and these rays are observed at sunrise and sunset. Crepuscular rays appear to diverge outward from the setting sun, and are visible only when the atmosphere contains enough haze or dust particles so that sunlight in unshadowed areas can be scattered toward the observer. The light rays are actually parallel, but appear to converge to the sun due to "perspective", the same visual effect that makes parallel railroad tracks appear to converge in the distance."

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/guides/mtr/opt/air/crp.rxml

"Light is a very complex phenomenon, but in many situations its behavior can be understood with a simple model based on rays and wave fronts. A ray is a thin beam of light that travels in a straight line. A wave front is the line (not necessarily straight) or surface connecting all the light that left a source at the same time. For a source like the Sun, rays radiate out in all directions; the wave fronts are spheres centered on the Sun. If the source is a long way away, the wave fronts can be treated as parallel lines."

http://physics.bu.edu/~duffy/PY106/Reflection.html

The only thing your picture demonstrated, was that if light travels parallel, then it was accompanied by light which was not.

Light that's not traveling "Parallel" isn't gonna 'accompany' the light that's traveling "Parallel"... by mere definition to begin with.   

The sun dial point is excellent. As a maker of sundials, I am aware that sundials are made specifically to work at the latitude where they are to be installed. I use a program (Shadows 4.1) that does the math for me. You are almost right though. Sundials would be a mess, if they were all alike.

Almost Right??  Hmmm, what %-age?

However, for some peculiar reason, they cast short shadows at the equator, and long ones toward the polls, almost as if the planet where a sphere, instead of a disk.

Well the same phenomena would happen with a "Small-Close" Sun, wouldn't it?  Like This...

Sun Hot Spot.jpg

Please explain how a Sun 'allegedly' 93 MILLION Miles Away (:rolleyes: ) can leave a Local Hot Spot like this...?  thumbsup.gif

So, no need to say goodnight to my position, since you are adding even more evidence to it with each post it seems.

Oh it's most certainly Goodnight on this front also.  If you don't think so, hop on over to the thread... you left before, and we'll finalize it; I'll 'exclamation point' it, as it were. thumbsup.gif

Yes, I posted these...You forgot to comment ??

Not sure why I should need a practical experiment.

Because that's how we Validate Claims in "Science".  And this particular subject, is Ice Cream Cake Easy to show.  A Night, Headlights, A Beach Ball, and a Garage Door will do the trick.

If I thought you would be persuaded, I might.

Please don't 'Presume' my thoughts sir; even if you were my best friend and we grew up together it's still the Acme of Foolishness.

However, since you ignore mountains of evidence already out there and readily available

Generalized Sweeping Ipse Dixt Baseless 'bare' Assertion Fallacy.

Are these the same "Mountains of evidence" as the "Mountains of evidence" evolutionists Appeal to when the "Lights" go out?

You displayed a picture of the shadow of the moon. I do not think you would have done that, if you did not accept that part as true.

I posted this because this is what we are TOLD is TRUE...

Solar Eclipse Moon Shadow.PNG

But it's a Fiasco.

YOu also posted a picture of an experiment on a table.  

Yes, this one...

Solar Eclipse Shadow.PNG

So as to show that the Mexico Picture (Above) is a Tear Jerkin Belly Laugher.

guess you failed to notice, that the light from the lamp, also went out radially, not parallel

Straw Man Fallacy: Again, The argument isn't which direction Photons are traveling at the source. The Argument is which direction the "Particular Photons" are traveling when hitting, in this case, "The MOON".

I am merely pointing out, that it does not agree with what you are saying about it.

It does agree and I just showed why, again.

Not sure what to make of that, other than you selectivly ignore the obvious to try to make a case to support a position not based on evidence, but on misinterpretation of observable facts.

Really??  Are you Projecting?  The 'observable facts' are just above (Again).

Enlighten you? Is that possible?

Sure, but you had better done your homework. However, from the looks of the things above...you most certainly have not.

Radiation exists, because light and other energies, radiate from their source. It does not parallel from the source.

Straw Man Fallacy (Again): I never said it did ... FROM THE SOURCE.

At this point, you are surely just having fun with me.

Yes now, before I thought you were somewhat serious.

Even lasers, to not make parallel beams.

Well... the Photons from the Laser that hit any objects in it's path are Parallel (by definition), but the majority will diverge following the Inverse Square Law.  But that's not really the argument, is it?

Aiming them at the moon, illuminates pretty large spots 

Yes, in Dreamland.  You ever heard the phrase "Free Space Path Loss", by chance?

but I guess if one is convinced that this is not the case, one would st assume that te photos of that, are just forgeries.

Well if you don't like the Fairytale Shadow on Mexico, just look at the "Cloned-Clouds" :blink:

No evidence is sufficient, to one who refuses to accept it, so what is the point it presenting evidence?

You're Presuming again; SEE: Acme of Foolishness ect above.

regards

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Nice hot spot pic....demonstrates an awesome curved earth too. What altitude was this taken at? How do you know it's a hot spot...what's the temperature there compared to the surrounding? Cant just assert it or say looks like to you...best way to measure the heat..take temp readings or you've nothing credible -Arguement from ignorance fallacy.

Light plays all kinds of tricks...for example..looks like water but it's just the road off in the distance..I'm sure most have seen that.

The last one on light source causing a shadow. That's a mighty small light source or sun. Where's your evidence of accuracy of scale? What are the sizes of sun..moon and earth and distances?

Last one I saw was only 95% but was amazing..eerie light quality..the birds suddenly went quiet and all was silent..love to experience a total eclipse.

Edited by Kevinb

25 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Nice hot spot pic

Thanks, I thought so.

....demonstrates an awesome curved earth too.

Demonstrates a Fish-Eye Lens.

What altitude was this taken at?

Don't recall, I think it's 100K-ish

How do you know it's a hot spot

You can see it.

...what's the temperature there compared to the surrounding?

Don't know

Light plays all kinds tricks

Sure, so do "Just-So" Stories

looks like water

It's "Clouds".

but it's just the road off in the distance etc etc

Say again??

The last one on light source causing a shadow. That's a mighty small light source or sun.

How big would you like it?  Then call the University of Montana and provide your suggestions.

Where's your evidence of accuracy of scale?

There is none (Nobody has evidence of scale), it's a "Proof of Concept" motif.

It appears that the moon and earth are, according to "The Narrative"...to scale.

What are the sizes of sun..moon and earth?

Actually, I can't say for sure.

Why not post a to scale of what the relative sizes are using a spherical sun and redo the experiment

1.  SEE (Nobody has evidence of scale) ect, above.

2.  As I said, it appears the moon and earth are to scale (according to "The Narrative"), I don't think the light source 'scale' is all that relevant.

3.  Who said the sun was a "Sphere"...?

Solar Eclipse Shadow.PNG

What would happen to the shadow on the Earth if you slid the moon closer to the Earth ? (Smaller or Bigger)

What would happen to the Shadow on the Earth if you slid the moon closer to the light source...? (Smaller or Bigger)

regards

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Okay so if pic is distorted let's throw it out or post a non distorted one.

Again best way to measure temperature is using temp measuring instruments..not enoch says the picture looks hot. Clearly we don't agree...what's the best way to see who's right? Maybe measure temperature? Easy to prove you're right and so avoid your argument from ignorance fallacy. 

You seem confused by what I said ..maybe don't fragment my sentences and try and misrepresent what I said...I'll try again for you

Light plays all kinds of tricks...for example..looks like water but it's just the road off in the distance..I'm sure most have seen that. You've never noticed that whilst driving? 

Anyway aren't clouds something to do with water in some way..sure I read that somewhere. 

yes I see you've no idea on sizes and scale. 

The suns not a sphere? What shape is it? Where's your evidence of shape of the sun?