• Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 6/23/2017 at 4:42 PM, Running Gator said:

Nobody would know that since you still refuse to post the source with your pictures.  
Why is that? What are you trying to hide?

:emot-heartbeat:

The Sun?

What Is a Solar Eclipse?

Sometimes when the moon orbits Earth, it moves between the sun and Earth. When this happens, the moon blocks the light of the sun from reaching Earth. This causes an eclipse of the sun, or solar eclipse. During a solar eclipse, the moon casts a shadow onto Earth.

There are three types of solar eclipses.

The first is a total solar eclipse. A total solar eclipse is only visible from a small area on Earth. The people who see the total eclipse are in the center of the moon’s shadow when it hits Earth. The sky becomes very dark, as if it were night. For a total eclipse to take place, the sun, moon and Earth must be in a direct line.

The second type of solar eclipse is a partial solar eclipse. This happens when the sun, moon and Earth are not exactly lined up. The sun appears to have a dark shadow on only a small part of its surface.

The third type is an annular (ANN you ler) solar eclipse. An annular eclipse happens when the moon is farthest from Earth. Because the moon is farther away from Earth, it seems smaller. It does not block the entire view of the sun. The moon in front of the sun looks like a dark disk on top of a larger sun-colored disk. This creates what looks like a ring around the moon.

During a solar eclipse, the moon casts two shadows on Earth. The first shadow is called the umbra (UM bruh). This shadow gets smaller as it reaches Earth. It is the dark center of the moon’s shadow. The second shadow is called the penumbra (pe NUM bruh). The penumbra gets larger as it reaches Earth. People standing in the penumbra will see a partial eclipse. People standing in the umbra will see a total eclipse.

Solar eclipses happen once every 18 months. Unlike lunar eclipses, solar eclipses only last for a few minutes.

:)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

I remember my family gathering together to watch the total eclipse as a small child & we all had some kind of cardboard boxes on our heads,they didn't have all the glasses we have these days & on the news they told you how to construct these stupid things with peep holes or something,all I remember is everyone standing outside looked ridiculous...the entire neighborhood was looking up at the sky.....I don't know how it is such a "rare" event,this birthday I did not turn 100 yrs old:noidea:

Anyway,I will certainly be watching,giving God Praise & making a Joyful noise!!!                                Love,Kwik

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,870
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

I remember my family gathering together to watch the total eclipse as a small child & we all had some kind of cardboard boxes on our heads,they didn't have all the glasses we have these days & on the news they told you how to construct these stupid things with peep holes or something,all I remember is everyone standing outside looked ridiculous...the entire neighborhood was looking up at the sky.....I don't know how it is such a "rare" event,this birthday I did not turn 100 yrs old:noidea:

Anyway,I will certainly be watching,giving God Praise & making a Joyful noise!!!                                Love,Kwik

there was one viable in 1979 in Washington, Oregon and Montana and parts of Canada

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/18/1960

I saw the eclipse in 1979. They are correct in saying that you should never look directly at an eclipse. I couldn't see anything for about 10 minutes after I did it. I should have known better, I was 19 at the time.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,870
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

We looked at an annular sometime in the mid 90's using heavy duty welding helmets.  We didn't look long and it didn't seem to hurt anything. I didn't take these pictures, but it looked pretty much like this with a grey tint to it from the dark glass.

TSE94-Mosaicw.GIF

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Content Per Day:  16.70
  • Days Won:  0

Back in July 10th, 1972, I flew a bunch of friends of mine to watch the total eclipse of the sun in Nova Scotia.  Did I get a thank you?  No.  I just get a Carly Simon song written about how vain I am.  Sheesh!  I picked new friends after that.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

52 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Back in July 10th, 1972, I flew a bunch of friends of mine to watch the total eclipse of the sun in Nova Scotia.  Did I get a thank you?  No.  I just get a Carly Simon song written about how vain I am.  Sheesh!  I picked new friends after that.

:laugh:

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

On 6/24/2017 at 8:38 PM, Running Gator said:

I have already given you the story behind the picture and yet you still use it in a dishonest manner. 

Hmmm, I'm still trying to figure out what and who is being dishonest here...

You have this, The Blue Marble...

The Big Blue Marble.jpg

Then we have a "Close Up" of the Big Blue Marble off the coast of Mexico, with the "Cloned-Clouds"...

The Big Blue Marble Clouds Cloning Tool.jpg

Then we have (Our Subject) --- Solar Eclipse "Moon Shadow" (35 Times smaller than Itself :blink:)...

Solar Eclipse Moon Shadow.PNG

I mean, anyone that can 'fog a mirror' can see a Problem in Shangri La here right?

1.  How can you have the same Cloud Formations (And in very Close Proximity to each other And...in the same picture)?  This is tantamount to having 6 People in your neighborhood with the same Finger Prints or finding 6 Snow Flakes in your backyard that are exactly the same.

2.  The "Moon Shadow" Picture is Clearly the same Blue Marble Picture...because the Cloud Patterns are "THE SAME" in all 3 Pics.

3.  How do you have the Same Picture with One Pic... "No Moon Shadow" and another..."With Moon Shadow" ??

I have about 30 more questions ;) but for brevity, I'll stop here.

Please can someone provide a "Coherent" explanation...?

Who's being 'Dishonest' here and and HOW...?

ps.  Thought Observation:  Let's say where at the same position looking at the Big Blue Marble (1st Pic) as is portrayed.  We have a Great ZOOM Camera and decide to look at Hawaii (Roughly at 9 O'clock) Zooming in Closer and Closer from our Vantage Point. Eventually after numerous ZOOMS we should see What...?  :sherlock:   That's right: Ships, Planes, Buildings, Volcanoes, and Surfers --- riding the Pipeline...

" SIDEWAYS "

:blink:  It's just that simple folks.

Hope it helps

regards

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, Enoch2021 said:

The dishonesty is very simple, it is on your part for trying to keep passing the "big blue marble" off for something that it is not.  It has never been claimed to be an actual photo of the earth, the person who made it readily tells everyone that he filled in some blanks because it was never meant to be viewed as an actual photo of the earth.  

Yet, here you go again with passing off the idea that it is more than it is.  

I have also asked you for the source of your "moon shadow" picture at least 4 or 5 times and you still refuse to give it to me.  What are you trying to hide?

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Enoch2021 said:

You have this, The Blue Marble...

The Big Blue Marble.jpg

Then we have a "Close Up" of the Big Blue Marble off the coast of Mexico, with the "Cloned-Clouds"...

The Big Blue Marble Clouds Cloning Tool.jpg

Then we have (Our Subject) --- Solar Eclipse "Moon Shadow" (35 Times smaller than Itself :blink:)...

Solar Eclipse Moon Shadow.PNG

I mean, anyone that can 'fog a mirror' can see a Problem in Shangri La here right?

1.  How can you have the same Cloud Formations (And in very Close Proximity to each other And...in the same picture)?  This is tantamount to having 6 People in your neighborhood with the same Finger Prints or finding 6 Snow Flakes in your backyard that are exactly the same.

2.  The "Moon Shadow" Picture is Clearly the same Blue Marble Picture...because the Cloud Patterns are "THE SAME" in all 3 Pics.

3.  How do you have the Same Picture with One Pic... "No Moon Shadow" and another..."With Moon Shadow" ??

I have about 30 more questions ;) but for brevity, I'll stop here.

Please can someone provide a "Coherent" explanation...?

Who's being 'Dishonest' here and and HOW...?

ps.  Thought Observation:  Let's say where at the same position looking at the Big Blue Marble (1st Pic) as is portrayed.  We have a Great ZOOM Camera and decide to look at Hawaii (Roughly at 9 O'clock) Zooming in Closer and Closer from our Vantage Point. Eventually after numerous ZOOMS we should see What...?  :sherlock:   That's right: Ships, Planes, Buildings, Volcanoes, and Surfers --- riding the Pipeline...

" SIDEWAYS "

:blink:  It's just that simple folks.

Hope it helps

regards

So your position is that there IS no eclipse even though we can see it?  Or is your position that NASA is faking the eclipse?  I've lost track of what you're trying to say or even why you're saying it.