IGNORED

Trump in Iowa: President calls for barring immigrants from welfare for five years

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

President Trump announced Wednesday night that he will soon ask Congress to pass legislation banning immigrants from accessing public assistance within five years of entering the U.S.

“The time has come for new immigration rules that say ... those seeking immigration into our country must be able to support themselves financially and should not use welfare for a period of at least five years," Trump told a campaign-style rally in Grand Rapids, Iowa.

Trump's proposal would build on the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996, which allows federal authorities to deport immigrants who become public dependents within five years of their arrival. Many of that law’s provisions were rolled back during the George W. Bush and Barack Obama administrations, but Trump's proposal would make more categories of federal benefits off-limits to immigrants.

Currently,states typically have the authority to determine eligibility for local public assistance programs.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/22/trump-in-iowa-president-calls-for-barring-immigrants-from-welfare-for-five-years.html

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I think Trump was serious when he called to make America great again!  Who knew someone elected would follow through?

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

Seems like a sound plan.  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

Though this part of his speech did make me chuckle and reminded me of my Sesame Street days..."one of these things is not like the other"

“We use electric, we use wind, we use solar, we use coal, we use natural gas, we will use nuclear if the right opportunity presents itself,” 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

It is about time. Long overdue in fact. Prayerfully this measure does pass into law. 

There are some countries that in order to immigrate a person has to have a viable skill so they can start working. They don't get to enter and then live off other peoples hard work. That should have been the case in America for decades by now. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

It is about time. Long overdue in fact. Prayerfully this measure does pass into law. 

There are some countries that in order to immigrate a person has to have a viable skill so they can start working. They don't get to enter and then live off other peoples hard work. That should have been the case in America for decades by now. 

Indeed.  While most immigrants come looking for jobs, and I see it daily here in Texas, there ARE a significant number that jump right on the dole.  I've been told that stopping benefits for noncitizens would sharply reduce the desire of many to come here and I was told that by Mexican nationals living here; who are working, btw.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Indeed.  While most immigrants come looking for jobs, and I see it daily here in Texas, there ARE a significant number that jump right on the dole.  I've been told that stopping benefits for noncitizens would sharply reduce the desire of many to come here and I was told that by Mexican nationals living here; who are working, btw.

Yes, if America stopped pandering to law breaker foreign trespassers, there would be a great deal of change in that area of concern. If America, ICE, would arrest the minors that continually cross our border unaccompanied, and fly them back into Mexico, south, or central America and offload them at that airport, it would also send a message. You're an unaccompanied minor. Go home to your parents.

Illegals can't obtain lawful employment without a SSN. I remember during a debate some years ago, Romney claimed he had spoken with an illegal who had worked here for 20 years and paid taxes. It didn't concern Romney that in 2 decades that supposed individual hadn't bothered to become a legal citizen. 
Instead, he decided to trumpet the man's "honor" by claiming the man in all those years also paid income tax. Nonsense of course. Something that Newt Gingrich, whom was there debating too as he was a candidate hopeful for highest office, pointedly stated that if that story were true, Mr.Romney had spoken to an illegal who had also stolen someone's identity in order to have that SSN.

I think the faction in America that defend illegals obtaining all manner of benefits at tax payer citizen expense should illegally enter Mexico and try there what they defend here. :)  Mexico's immigrations laws are superior to America's. If that isn't concerning, D.C. hasn't been paying attention. Maybe that would get that attention. 

The way America looks now, with news broadcasting states harboring illegally and violating federal law daily, illegals in sanctuary cities, it appears as if the government in those states is helping to sabotage America itself. By publicizing American cities of that nature welcome illegals in. And of course, illegals will hear that and begin their trek in higher number. 

I didn't think in my lifetime I would see the powers that be, and the electorate as well, working so hard from the inside to destroy America. And give her to our enemies and illegals.  It's a type of sedition in my view that is as sickeningly public as it is prolific. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Yes, if America stopped pandering to law breaker foreign trespassers, there would be a great deal of change in that area of concern. If America, ICE, would arrest the minors that continually cross our border unaccompanied, and fly them back into Mexico, south, or central America and offload them at that airport, it would also send a message. You're an unaccompanied minor. Go home to your parents.

Illegals can't obtain lawful employment without a SSN. I remember during a debate some years ago, Romney claimed he had spoken with an illegal who had worked here for 20 years and paid taxes. It didn't concern Romney that in 2 decades that supposed individual hadn't bothered to become a legal citizen. 
Instead, he decided to trumpet the man's "honor" by claiming the man in all those years also paid income tax. Nonsense of course. Something that Newt Gingrich, whom was there debating too as he was a candidate hopeful for highest office, pointedly stated that if that story were true, Mr.Romney had spoken to an illegal who had also stolen someone's identity in order to have that SSN.

I think the faction in America that defend illegals obtaining all manner of benefits at tax payer citizen expense should illegally enter Mexico and try there what they defend here. :)  Mexico's immigrations laws are superior to America's. If that isn't concerning, D.C. hasn't been paying attention. Maybe that would get that attention. 

The way America looks now, with news broadcasting states harboring illegally and violating federal law daily, illegals in sanctuary cities, it appears as if the government in those states is helping to sabotage America itself. By publicizing American cities of that nature welcome illegals in. And of course, illegals will hear that and begin their trek in higher number. 

I didn't think in my lifetime I would see the powers that be, and the electorate as well, working so hard from the inside to destroy America. And give her to our enemies and illegals.  It's a type of sedition in my view that is as sickeningly public as it is prolific. 

And that circles back to term limits; once they become lifetime Congressmen, or women, they pander to the illegals that they KNOW are voting.  I personally know they do because two of them told me they vote.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

And that circles back to term limits; once they become lifetime Congressmen, or women, they pander to the illegals that they KNOW are voting.  I personally know they do because two of them told me they vote.

and you turned them in....   right?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

19274954_10154675707067596_8024845782202060604_n.jpg