Running Gator

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The commissions did not exist until the bill was passed so there was nothing to read for the most part.   The senate bill was a bit over 2000 pages, but after all the commissions  finished ot was last I read another 33,000 pages of regulations those commissions wrote after the bill was passed creating the commissions. 

Guest Butero
5 hours ago, Running Gator said:

It is the right thing to do from a constitutional standpoint, but it will only increase the cost healthcare. 

The best thing to do would be simply repeal Obamacare and let us go back to the way things were.  My health insurance was much cheaper back then.  If that is not possible politically, I would rather see the cost of healthcare go up than put up with an unconstitutional mandate.  It was never a tax.  It is forcing people to purchase a product with the threat of being penalized if they don't. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, Butero said:

The best thing to do would be simply repeal Obamacare and let us go back to the way things were.  My health insurance was much cheaper back then.  If that is not possible politically, I would rather see the cost of healthcare go up than put up with an unconstitutional mandate.  It was never a tax.  It is forcing people to purchase a product with the threat of being penalized if they don't. 

And this in the end is what it will come down to, if things are cheaper.  You are willing to pay more but most people are not, it is all about their own pocketbook.

I will say I have no real dog in this fight for myself as a retired Marine I have very good and cheap insurance.  But do care about what happens to my kids when they are not able to be on my insurance any longer, especially my son who is a type 1 diabetic.  

Guest Butero
3 hours ago, Running Gator said:

And this in the end is what it will come down to, if things are cheaper.  You are willing to pay more but most people are not, it is all about their own pocketbook.

I will say I have no real dog in this fight for myself as a retired Marine I have very good and cheap insurance.  But do care about what happens to my kids when they are not able to be on my insurance any longer, especially my son who is a type 1 diabetic.  

My insurance costs have skyrocketed under Obamacare.  I want it gone yesterday.  They promised premiums would go down and they lied.  Why should I believe anyone that says they will go higher under the GOP plan?  I don't believe that for a second.  I don't believe anything anyone that wants to keep Obamacare in tact is saying.  They lied to pass it, and they will lie to keep it. 

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Butero said:

My insurance costs have skyrocketed under Obamacare.  I want it gone yesterday.  They promised premiums would go down and they lied.  Why should I believe anyone that says they will go higher under the GOP plan?  I don't believe that for a second.  I don't believe anything anyone that wants to keep Obamacare in tact is saying.  They lied to pass it, and they will lie to keep it. 

The problem with Congress is that they have their own healthcare plan.  They have their own plan that is completely separate from what they are trying to push onto the American people.  No matter what they pass, they don't have to live under it.   If our entire health care in this country fails and we go to single payer, Congress still has their own healthcare.  It doesn't effect them.   So there is no real incentive on their part to really do a good job and produce a quality plan.  They're taken care of for life, no matter what happens to you and me.

What needs to happen is just do a clean repeal and go back to what we had before Obamacare.  They can still work out a plan with the insurance companies for those with preexisting conditions and give insurance companies some really sweet deals and incentives to cover preexisting conditions without it being a problem for everyone else.  And then each of us can pick what we want and what we need.

6 hours ago, Butero said:

Why should you believe the GOP when they say they will go down?  If you look at the plan do you see anything in it that would help to make them go down?

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The problem with Congress is that they have their own healthcare plan.  They have their own plan that is completely separate from what they are trying to push onto the American people.  No matter what they pass, they don't have to live under it.   If our entire health care in this country fails and we go to single payer, Congress still has their own healthcare.  It doesn't effect them.   So there is no real incentive on their part to really do a good job and produce a quality plan.  They're taken care of for life, no matter what happens to you and me.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/04/12/523335954/what-happens-to-a-congressmans-health-insurance-if-obamacare-goes-down

What type of insurance do our elected representatives in Washington, D.C., have? Is it true that they're insured on the ACA exchanges now and that any repeal and replacement will affect them too?

Under the Affordable Care Act, members of the U.S. House of Representatives, the Senate and their office staffs who want employer coverage generally have to buy it on the health insurance exchange. Before the ACA passed in 2010, they were eligible to be covered under the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program. (People working for congressional committees who are not on a member's office staff may still be covered under FEHBP.)

The members of Congress and their staffs choose from among 57 gold plans from four insurers sold on the DC Health Link's small business marketplace this year.

Approximately 11,000 are enrolled, according to Adam Hudson, a spokesperson for the exchange. The government pays about three-quarters of the cost of the premium, and workers pay the rest. They aren't eligible for federal tax credits that reduce the size of insurance premiums.

For some other members of Congress, declining exchange coverage was a political statement.

"There are several who, because of animus to Obamacare, rejected the offer of coverage, and either buy on their own or get it through a spouse," said Sabrina Corlette, a research professor at Georgetown University's Center on Health Insurance Reforms.

Proposed bills to replace the ACA don't affect this provision of the law, said Timothy Jost, a professor emeritus of law at Washington and Lee University School of Law in Lexington, Va., who has written widely on the regulation of health care and its reform.

41 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I don't know where you dug this up, but all Federal employees have insurance through G.E.H.A. (Government Employees Health Association)  None of them would be dumb enough to give up G.E.H.A. for ACA.

The link is provided.  Feel free to prove them incorrect.  It even states that prior to the ACA they go their insurance through the FEHBP, of which GEHA is one of the providers. 

It is also a bit dangerous to use words like "all" considering I am a federal employee and I do not get my insurance through GEHA as they are inferior to what I have through TriCare

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/health-care-for-members-of-congress/

But starting Jan. 1, 2014, House and Senate members, and their staffs, can only obtain employer-subsidized, private coverage through the exchanges established under the ACA. The exchanges, or marketplaces, were designed for those who purchase their own insurance and small employers. For a full discussion of current health insurance options for members of Congress, see the 2015 Congressional Research Service paper “Health Benefits for Members of Congress and Designated Congressional Staff.” Over the years, we’ve seen false claims that Congress was somehow “exempt” from the health care law. But, in fact, the law places this additional requirement on Congress that doesn’t pertain to other Americans with employer-provided health care.)

Guest Butero
6 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Why should you believe the GOP when they say they will go down?  If you look at the plan do you see anything in it that would help to make them go down?

That is not the point.  I am saying I have no reason to believe anyone when they say premiums will go up under the GOP plan.  The same people lied and claimed premiums would go down under Obamacare.  I just want Obamacare repealed.  I don't care if it is ever replaced.